Controversial hand-holding Thai-German gay couple now happily married

webfact

Controversial hand-holding Thai-German gay couple now happily married
By Coconuts Bangkok

mond-thorsten.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai-German couple, who were the talk of the town for simply holding hands on the BTS back in April, had a lovely wedding in Aachen, Germany, on Saturday.

Nararuj "Mond" Kaendi, former Creative Director of a modeling agency, released the wedding photos with his boyfriend, Thorsten Middelhof, Saturday to share the good news after the couple were humiliated for no reason by internet trolls.

"Jealous! Thai gay lands farang husband hotter than Hollywood actor," screamed one particularly unhinged headline in April, which was shared more than 90,000 times.

Back in April, Mond and Thorsten did nothing more than hold hands on the BTS before someone photographed them together to make a point of how undeserving they were of each other.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/02/controversial-hand-holding-thai-german-gay-couple-now-happily-married

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-02

• 2 weeks later...

If they are typical young people, then a divorce is in their future. I believe that the German divorce rate is 43%,

I do hope someone bought a step ladder for the hobbit part of the relationship. I started laughing in the airport lounge as I contemplated Thorsten twirling Mondo on the end of his appendage and shouting "Round and round we go" as he slapped his buttocks.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If they are typical young people, then a divorce is in their future. I believe that the German divorce rate is 43%,

I do hope someone bought a step ladder for the hobbit part of the relationship. I started laughing in the airport lounge as I contemplated Thorsten twirling Mondo on the end of his appendage and shouting "Round and round we go" as he slapped his buttocks.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Instead of being the merchant of doom and gloom would it be so difficult for you to simply wish the couple a happy and contented life together?

Instead of being the merchant of doom and gloom would it be so difficult for you to simply wish the couple a happy and contented life together?

cheesy.gif Merchant of doom & gloom clap2.gif Hilarious. Why would I wish these two publicity hounds a happy and contented life? It would be insincere and an empty gesture. They are attention whores.

The fact of the matter is that this couple will likely be separated within 5 years. That's what happens with a lot of young people today. Another possible scenario is that the hobbit is crushed to death when some rotund German inadvertently sits on him , but Thorsten remains oblivious to the event as he is too busy with his Find Waldo puzzle. This story is just so silly. It's utter fluff. I suppose the same people who are devout followers of the Kardashians may care, but this remains a manipulative manufactured story. Controversy over hand holding, my posterior. The reality is that most people didn't care because they had more important things to worry about. This is a country where one is treated to disgusting promos for sex shows without anyone blushing. And yet, one is supposed to believe that society was aghast, shocked because some German who looks to be intellectually challenged held hands with a little ugly Thai guy. Right.

Edited by geriatrickid

They were the unwitting subjects of internet trolls. I wish the best for them, but the statistics are not really in their favor.

Best to them, and I hope they beat the odds.

What statistics aren't in their favour I wounder ?

Many happily married gay couples the world over I would say.

First time I saw that photo the Thai guy looked to me like some HIV patient, on the wedding photo he looks better though.

My Thai boyfriend always said why do handsome farang go with ugly Thai???

Always interesting when he said that out loud about the people sitting next to us in a restaurant... whistling.gif

In my experience, Thai concepts of a handsome white guy are different than in the west. The other way as well. A Thai that may be considered attractive by most westerners may be just average or worse to most Thais.

I suppose so as each time I looked to my right I couldn't spot any handsome farang lol.

On the other hand, he and his friends were once joking about me on the beach that I've had sex with a certain Thai guy and they were like ieeeew.

Thais are very conservative people. Though they seem to embrace the whole ladyboy thing, with one in nearly every TV show or movie, few really understand what gay or lesbian means. It's too bad. Give them another generation or two, and hopefully they will mature as a society, and sort some of these things out.