Pedestrian killed in road crash close to Pattaya City Hall

webfact

Pedestrian killed in road crash close to Pattaya City Hall

crash-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Monday a 50 year old pedestrian was killed by a speeding SUV in North Pattaya.

The crash occurred on the Sukhumvit-bound carriageway of the North Pattaya Road opposite Pattaya City Hall just after midnight and resulted in the pedestrian, who was also guiding her pushbike across the road at the time, being killed instantly by a White Toyota Fortuna.

The Toyota Driver, Khun Mondree aged 33, remained at the scene and informed Police that he was driving at-speed and failed to see the pedestrian crossing the main road. The dead woman was named as Khun Cheunchom.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218831/pedestrian-killed-in-road-crash-close-to-pattaya-city-hall/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-03

Out of town driver (likely Bangkok) racing around and a woman likely coming out of Tesco Lotus.

Failed to see, no excuse, causing death by reckless driving, and should be punished. Possibly using the phone.

Someone lost a mother.....

Out of town driver (likely Bangkok) racing around and a woman likely coming out of Tesco Lotus.

Failed to see, no excuse, causing death by reckless driving, and should be punished. Possibly using the phone.

BKK driver ... look at the number plate.

I have a BKK registered vehicle - never lived there however..........

lots of people have them ,i am told its a status symbol , dont know why .

can anyone tell me the last time they have seen a vehicle, (even in daylight) stop for anyone crossing the road, i know if i want to kill myself all i have got to do is try and cross the road using a proper crossing point .nah, bad idea, i like living.r.i.p. to the poor lady, just wondered why she thought anyone would stop for her and a local lady i assume.

Talk about a bunch of hypocrites. We have never ending posts on TV about motorcyclists coming out of side roads, right in front of them without even looking.

Now all of a sudden it is the drivers fault for hitting someone in the middle of the night, with a pushbike. You can almost guarantee she did not have any lights on it.

If he was driving at the legal limit of 60kmph he was driving at speed, but not excessive speed.

just saying what an absolute stupid post number 4 was. you have no idea what happened, just read your post again idiot..i am surprised you never said the poor lady was drunk you said about everything else, blaming the driver of the vehicle,.

and yes i have killed a pedestrian in the uk.you clown

What was the speed limit there? I do not drive in Thailand (I value my life too much) so I do not know the speed limits, but given the damage I have a good idea what sort of speed he was doing.

Probably the only reason he did not drive away was his vehicle would hardly be inconspicuous.

What is clear is he was doing a fair whack of knots, and that was when he hit her, hate to think what speed he was doing before he braked... if he braked???

Edited by Basil B

...and you know this how?

Number plate, location, admission, balance of probabilities.

He appeared to be finishing his call rather than talking to police.

...and you know this how?

Number plate, location, admission, balance of probabilities.

He appeared to be finishing his call rather than talking to police.

So all just speculation on your part, including that she was a mother, which was my real question.

accident happened.

driver stayed on the scene, good and noteworthy.

that being said, it was an accident - compensation should correctly be set and paid by the party responsible for the accident.

compensation is not about revenge.

all the better if the responsible party is rich and can pay appropriate compensation.

there might also be fines and punishments on top of the compensation if the responsible party has been found guilty of breaking laws.

too many posters are out for revenge.

excessive penalties way over the top of normal compensation just encourage drivers to flee.

Edited by manarak

accident happened.

that being said, it was an accident - compensation should correctly be set and paid by the party responsible for the accident.

all the better if the responsible party is rich and can pay appropriate compensation.

there might also be fines and punishments on top of the compensation if the responsible party has been found guilty of breaking laws.

excessive penalties way over the top of normal compensation just encourage drivers to flee.

So what should the cost of a life be then ?

RIP, condolences to family and friends,.

accident happened.

A life doesn't have a price, but damage caused by loss of life must be compensated appropriately, for both sides.

Believe it or not, different scales exist in many countries and trades to evaluate appropriate compensation, for example in legal systems and the insurance trade.

Saying a life is priceless and saving as life has priority over all other concerns is irrealistic moral hogwash, western healthcare systems are the best illustration for that.

We live in the real world, where accidents happen, where we can't just give everyone the best healthcare available and where people aren't immortal and where the loss of life of one particular person does more damage to his dependents than the death of another, so the appropriate compensation can be very different.

Edited by manarak

accident happened.

A life doesn't have a price, but damage caused by loss of life must be compensated appropriately, for both sides.

Believe it or not, different scales exist in many countries and trades to evaluate appropriate compensation, for example in legal systems and the insurance trade.

Saying a life is priceless and saving as life has priority over all other concerns is irrealistic moral hogwash, western healthcare systems are the best illustration for that.

We live in the real world, where accidents happen, where we can't just give everyone the best healthcare available and where people aren't immortal and where the loss of life of one particular person does more damage to his dependents than the death of another, so the appropriate compensation can be very different.

Well done, top marks.

We stopped for a red light on the crossing near city hall the other day, as 3 people crossed the front of our car, a pickup passed us without even braking, a second or 2 later and it would have been another news story

If the police wish to collect money for traffic offenses maybe they should have a presence at every one

Traffic should stop at a red light even if there is no one crossing

Edited by wobblyjohn

why do you lot keep saying the driver has to pay, etc, etc, the poor lady was crossing the road <deleted>, why should he/she have to pay, it would appear the fault lies 100% with the deceased, only about 3 weeks ago i was crossing on a designated crossing, lights at red, 2 vehicles stopped, third vehicle veered out from behind them and jumped the red light big time ,i had to jump clear, now i never use designated crossings, as they never stop for you,

why do you lot keep saying the driver has to pay, etc, etc, the poor lady was crossing the road <deleted>, why should he/she have to pay, it would appear the fault lies 100% with the deceased, only about 3 weeks ago i was crossing on a designated crossing, lights at red, 2 vehicles stopped, third vehicle veered out from behind them and jumped the red light big time ,i had to jump clear, now i never use designated crossings, as they never stop for you,

this happens all the time up in Chiang Mairolleyes.gif in fact I don't think I've ever had three lanes of traffic stop automatically for me when I'm crossing the road at a designated crossing.

You start to walk over very slowly until you physically see the traffic in all three lanes have come to a stop. It's also nice when there are other pedestrians waiting to cross with you. You know safety in numberslaugh.png