German Embassy - Proof of Income?

Hey,

I am on a Non-O visa based on thai wife. I need verified proof of income from my embassy but I am unsure what papers I need.

All my income comes from abroad (not germany) and the amounts vary but are over 100,000 baht/ month.

Do I just need my updated (thai) bank book and passport or any other papers?

For Non O "Marriage" you or your wife need taxed income of THB40k per month.

Or THB400K in your Bank Account.

The applicant needs to have a taxed income of 40K not his Thai wife, he has to prove he can afford to look

after her.

For Non O "Marriage" you or your wife need taxed income of THB40k per month.

Or THB400K in your Bank Account.

There is no Non O "Marriage"

If you are talking about an extension of stay based on marriage any income or assets belonging to the wife are not accepted and neither are joint bank accounts.

All monies must be in the sole name of the applicant.

Have you read this already?:

http://www.bangkok.diplo.de/contentblob/3247334/Daten/5461371/RentenEinkommensbescheinigung.pdf

For income or pension from Germany this would be an easy process.

But as you describe your income comes from out of Germany, so it is a case of discretionary power what will be accepted as proof.

So as described you should try to get in contact by phone or email beforehand.

Unlikely that someone here has gone through this unusal case.

Edited by KhunBENQ

What if the income isn't taxed as its coming from another Asian country which doesn't tax income generated from abroad?

Immigration does not care whether it is taxed or not. I suspect it is the same for the German embassy.

Or is it just easier to go to Laos and get a marriage visa without the financial proof?

For Laos, is that the same day turn around or can some direct me to a recent thread of the process to obtain a non-o based on thai wife please?

You would get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage that allows 90 day entries for year. You have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry.

You could get the visa in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. You apply for it by 11 am one day and pickup your passport the next afternoon at 2 pm.