Driver in fatal van crash gets bail

webfact

Driver in fatal van crash gets bail
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE driver of a public transport van, involved in a crash on Monday that killed four passengers and injured 10 others, was released on bail after placing a Bt200,000 bond, a police source revealed yesterday.

The Bangkok-Ao Udom van crashed into a roadside concrete fence on the Buraphavithi Expressway in Bangkok's Phra Khanong district on Monday night. One male - Natthapol Piasonthia, 50 - and three female passengers - Pattama Butipankha, 24, Suwapat Arunwong na Ayuthaya, 31, and an unnamed woman - were killed.

Van driver Lekpetch Prasert, 48, who was slightly injured, waited for police at the scene. He reportedly admitted to not knowing the route, as he normally used the motorway - and was driving fast - at about 120km an hour. Lekphetch was charged with reckless driving causing deaths, injuries and property damage.

Police are now waiting for testimony by 10 injured victims, and to review CCTV footage and forensic test results.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Driver-in-fatal-van-crash-gets-bail-30272228.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-04

Only in Thailand can a killer be freed on bail. Even when a killer is convicted and sentenced ( sometimes for murder ) they can be freed pending an appeal

And why not??? blink.png

It was good enough for a few police convicted of murder to get bail

Mind you these same police are still missing whistling.gif

If it is his first time and there is no alcohol or drugs in his system (he did wait for police) and he

takes responsibility for the accident (sounds like he is) he will get a fine below 2000 baht and a

suspended two year sentence. At least that is the standard sentence from the dozens of

articles of similar cases that I have read. So I would be very surprised if it was anything

much different. coffee1.gif

Why can a piece of shit get Bail for all those murders? He should be in jail on a chain like a wild dog,Now he can go and flee the country and do same somewhere else,What is this countries law coming to ,,,,Sweet <deleted> All,,, bah.gif

people involved in the death of others should not be allowed bail he has admitted his guilt he should be placed in jail until his court appearance excuses don't bring lives back.

It would not surprise me one bit to learn that a member of one of the deceased passengers' families is planning on a few quiet words in this man's ear. I know I would.

people involved in the death of others should not be allowed bail he has admitted his guilt he should be placed in jail until his court appearance excuses don't bring lives back.

It would not surprise me one bit to learn that a member of one of the deceased passengers' families is planning on a few quiet words in this man's ear. I know I would.

don't know about a quiet word in the man's ear, a very loud sharp "bang" adjacent to the ear would be more beneficial.

Well at least he did stay at the scene, maybe due to the fact that he had slight injuries, wonder what they were? A broken leg, ankle or hip ??? Other wise he may have been long away from the scene.

But Bail for this and other such crimes and even more hideous intentional ones are freckking ludicrous in Thailand, and I 'll wager he got to keep his passport, if he has one. if not he will be down to the PP office very soon now his bail has been given.

post-108400-14466961409502_thumb.jpg

(Source: ThaiPBS, today)

Let's see, for the perpetrator/driver/murderer, one life is worth about $45-$50 USD.

No worries, he'll be able to recoup his expenses in less than a month after his 30-day suspension.

No heavy penalties = no motivation to change behavior.

Buggers belief.

Edited by Fookhaht