At 70, Rod Stewart still going strong with new album

webfact

At 70, Rod Stewart still going strong with new album

LOS ANGELES: -- Seventy and still going strong – Rod Stewart has launched his eagerly awaited album ‘Another Country’.

The singer, who came to prominence in the late Sixties and early Seventies with The Jeff Beck Group and his band Faces before enjoying solo stardom, has previously said song writing was a slow process for him.

‘Time’, released in 2013, was his first self-penned album in years, following several covers, including the popular ‘The Great American Songbook’ album series.

He says his attitude to penning tracks has changed with age: “Well not so much the skills, it’s the pains I have to go through to actually write a song. They don’t come easy to me. In the old days, when I was with The Faces and my solo albums, it was more like being at school doing homework but actually now I enjoy the process. It’s something, I think, that has come with age.”

While the trademark spiky hairdo and raspy voice remain unchanged, Stewart says his album is varied and includes some nostalgic songs inspired by very personal memories: “‘Another Country’ is – you know, I try to put myself in a position of being a soldier sent abroad, who’s got a wife and children and misses them badly. And there’s another one, ‘A Way Back Home’, which although I wasn’t around, it’s songs, it’s memories I’ve garnered from my brothers and sisters and my parents about what London was like after the war.”

With a series of Las Vegas and European gigs lined up, the legendary rocker says he has no plans to retire yet and is dreaming of taking to the stage in Glastonbury next summer with his band.

‘Another Country’ is out now.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-05

Saw him perform in the 80's and he was a damn good showman!

So did I...

And have to agree, I also saw him on TV last night singing at the Remembrance Service at the Royal Albert Hall, at the end of his rendition during the applause the camera panned across the Royal Box, probably the first time I have ever seen Princess Ann smile...

This is a guy who AFAIK has never offended anyone, supported a number of good causes, provided us with great entertainment for decades starting off with the Geoff Beack Group and the Faces just to name some of the bands he played with before his solo carrier that brought us some of his most iconic classics like Maggie May, Sailing and many others, in 2000 under went surgery for thyroid cancer which damaged his vocal cords after which he had to re-learn how to sing again, probably worthy of more than the CBE he received back in 2007.

Great singer, song writer and entertainer.