Video of Thai man brutally assaulting wife sparks outrage

webfact

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was a hella excessive use of force....given that the woman was lying submissively on the ground and not attacking or threatening the husband with a weapon.

Sean Connery might have just stopped after one Schlap but this guy took it to the extreme.

My anger is also directed at the person who glibly video'd the vicious action without trying to stop it. What a coward !

How do you know it was not a schoolgirl or an old person , Thai people are afraid that people like this may go and get a gun or attack them, Believe it or not a Foreign, Falang would have more chance of hitting him and getting away with it than a Thai person. person

It is also rooted in their Buddhist culture not to interfere because altering the course of events shifts responsibility for the outcome onto you.

If a foreigner had jumped in and even gently separated the guy from the woman, all of the many Thais who were watching would have attacked the foreigner and maybe even killed him. That's Thailand. Of course there were many people who saw... many cars drove by and no one stopped, the country is so over populated that there are always people all about. It's not about if the woman is married to a man either... because nobody cares to find out, they just watch and enjoy the spectacle.

Trying to apply a European concept of understanding to such things that are completely alien will always produce wrong thinking. Once you accept that it is just the way things are here you will be better off. It will not change. But I'd still love to knock the guy out.

I do not agree. I've seen foreigners helping many times and there never was a problem with that.

I had an instance back in my home town in europe where i tried to stop a guy beating the brains out his wife or gf, they both turned on me,

Few months ago i heard the young couple next door having a domestic, few minutes later the girl came running in my driveway nose bleeding asking me to call the police, i just said...this is thai shit dont involve me, if either of you have a real emergency dont be afraid to ask,

The guy stood at the entrance gate hearing what i said and gave a wai, put his arm around her and they went back inside,

I think they been watching too much lakorn.

Edited by tingtongfarang

I'm with you. I can't imagine hurting my wife in any way.

The confession is irrelevant surely as the video has him bang to rights.

Hope this is 1 of those occasions where the cops act a little too rough with the perp .

This scumbag needs a taste of his own medicine for sure. Hope the lady makes a full recovery

I think the fundamental problem is that city people in thailand have been highly exposed to lead poisoning for decades. It definitiely leads to problems with brain development, self control and low IQ.

That's why there are no incidents of uncontrolled violence and low IQ in other parts of the world.

Great, Sherlock!

Thailand forum, Thai related.. try "The Rest of the World" forums!!!

No prizes for originality.

So now we know his name, Mr Wutthi Somphakdee, his occupation and his location, it shouldn't be too difficult for you TV keyboard warriors to seek him out and carry out your threats. Or is it just a case of a paragraph of outrage and move on to tomorrow's stories, eh? What are you waiting for ninjas?

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed as well as the replies.

Post removed for being OTT of violence. Let's keep it civil and within forum rules boundaries, though considering the topic I can understand the emotional responses.

The confession is irrelevant surely as the video has him bang to rights.

Hope this is 1 of those occasions where the cops act a little too rough with the perp .

This scumbag needs a taste of his own medicine for sure. Hope the lady makes a full recovery

He will probably claim he saved her life by lifting her out of the way of the truck!

He should get ten years minimum for this he is a scumbag.

Well i have a problem with any guy who treats women like this,do thai men have a propensity for this,i dont know,

Only in the so called lower echelons of society is it common (pretty much the same as any part of the world) Then there are the <deleted> misogynist wife beaters that permeates all levels of society (also pretty universal). Unfortunately a large % of TV members find themselves in a certain group and then judge the entire nation based on their limited experiences. It's like my spending my time in a rough council estate in south London and then painting the entire nation as bunch of lazy, alcoholic hillbillies.

From personal experience I would say violent behaviour towards women is not accepted or condoned: In my extended family one of my wife's uncles (blood relatives) beat his wife...the family convinced her to get a divorce. He has been ostracized. None of my friends has ever hit their partners.

If a foreigner had jumped in and even gently separated the guy from the woman, all of the many Thais who were watching would have attacked the foreigner and maybe even killed him. That's Thailand. Of course there were many people who saw... many cars drove by and no one stopped, the country is so over populated that there are always people all about. It's not about if the woman is married to a man either... because nobody cares to find out, they just watch and enjoy the spectacle.

Trying to apply a European concept of understanding to such things that are completely alien will always produce wrong thinking. Once you accept that it is just the way things are here you will be better off. It will not change. But I'd still love to knock the guy out.

I do not agree. I've seen foreigners helping many times and there never was a problem with that.

I had an instance back in my home town in europe where i tried to stop a guy beating the brains out his wife or gf, they both turned on me,

Few months ago i heard the young couple next door having a domestic, few minutes later the girl came running in my driveway nose bleeding asking me to call the police, i just said...this is thai shit dont involve me, if either of you have a real emergency dont be afraid to ask,

The guy stood at the entrance gate hearing what i said and gave a wai, put his arm around her and they went back inside,

I think they been watching too much lakorn.

Ting Tong Farang,

You are a wise man. The first thing most people are told when arriving in Thailand is not to fight a Thai because they will always do whatever to get you back including killing you, no matter how long it takes. It's not our country, and it's not our business to get involved. It's simply not worth it or appropriate in the grand balance of things.

There may be exceptions, but in general it is most likely one would end up in big trouble with no thanks given. For sure, even though the woman didn't deserve it, she would be no angel... as she wouldn't be with such a guy unless she had a similar way herself. Birds of a feather flock together. As much as I do respect the idea of stopping the violence and wouldn't hesitate to do it in my own country, the life of a noble person who steps in is worth more than saving a dubious person from getting a beating. Risking ones life must be in proportion to what you are risking it for. And one really does risk ones life if stepping in in this country. To die in a filthy gutter here surrounded by angry faces full of hatred at the hands of some low life who is not worth a tenth of what you are made of is not the way to leave this world.

There's something deeply unsettling about those who basically set up there own for a potential death by presenting the exception as if it were the rule.

I would hope my words might save some kind foreigner from a hospital visit, or death at the hands of the mob. Those who aren't bright enough to get it can just take the risk of being one of those losses that thins the herd thus illustrating the laws of nature that the strongest and smartest survive.