Honda BR-V 2016

Tywais

Search didn't show anything on this so will start a topic.

Honda BR-V SUV is planned to be released in the 1st quarter of next year. Priced shown on Honda BR-V Club site is between 593,000 Baht and 680,000 Baht. - BR-V Club Thailand Facebook

Not sure what engine but India gets a 1.5L diesel. //edit - further looking and looks all versions will be 1.5L.

Hondaautoveviews

2016-Honda-BR-V-EXT-630x349.jpg

Looks exactly like a slightly raised mobilio with bigger wheels and plastic thingies, which costs today between 600 to 740k.

Honda will probably bill this "upgrade" 100k, making the final price between 700k to 840k with the old 1.5l petrol engine. With the tax change coming or a new motor, it even may cost 50 or 100 more.

• Like 1

So with the HR-V and then soon the BR-V is it bye bye CR-V ? or at least in petrol only form in Thailand.

Loads of HR-V about, can only remember seeing 1x CRV on red plates since the HR-V has been For Sale here. CR-V priced 1.2 - 1.6 million

So with the HR-V and then soon the BR-V is it bye bye CR-V ? or at least in petrol only form in Thailand.

Loads of HR-V about, can only remember seeing 1x CRV on red plates since the HR-V has been For Sale here. CR-V priced 1.2 - 1.6 million

Nope - the CR-V isn't going anywhere...

The BR-V is based on the Brio chassis (like the the Mobilio) and will be the entry level Honda SUV. The HR-V is their mid-level, and the CR-V their top/biggest SUV.

CR-V's sales have been most impacted by the CX-5 and X-Trail - more so than cannibalisation from the HR-V.

Edited by IMHO

Nope - the CR-V isn't going anywhere...

The BR-V is based on the Brio chassis (like the the Mobilio) and will be the entry level Honda SUV. The HR-V is their mid-level, and the CR-V their top/biggest SUV.

CR-V's sales have been most impacted by the CX-5 and X-Trail - more so than cannibalisation from the HR-V.

Yes guess so, only not long ago the CRV was the size of the present day HR-V... if they want a big SUV then the Pilot would be better at least same looks + 8 seats, there again if seat wanted they have the Stepwagon here... guess time will tell if people want to buy a CR-V at the price..

used to be 2 CRV's in the Village, one replaced by the CX-5 the other by the Pajaro Sport. both diesel

The br-v may well be based on the brio, but at least it does not have that horrible brio interior like the mobilio has. The br-v has about 200mm clearance, I think the same as the ecosport. Not sure if the engine will be the old 120hp 1.5 or the new 117hp version of the new jazz.

Wonder what the top spec gets? 680K is priced well below the top jazz. I would have thought it would be priced about the jazz.

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1

The br-v may well be based on the brio, but at least it does not have that horrible brio interior like the mobilio has. The br-v has about 200mm clearance, I think the same as the ecosport. Not sure if the engine will be the old 120hp 1.5 or the new 117hp version of the new jazz.

Wonder what the top spec gets? 680K is priced well below the top jazz. I would have thought it would be priced about the jazz.

It's interesting the ground clearance issue. The HR-V ground clearance is only about 171mm, more yet the BR-V has more, similar to the Ecosport at around 200mm. However, the Ford is based on the larger platform.

These mini SUV/crossover segments are getting a bit muddled, the platform, pricing, general positioning, etc., it seems that each manufacturer has decided to redefine the segment for its own purposes.

• Like 1

Does it park itself and eat oats and produce fertilizer,,

look at the interior? For a new car i would expect

more, but i don't live in India.

If you want to see the interior up close, just go look at a Jazz :P

I think I'll stick with my new Jazz although I'll take a look at it again, the BR-V, in a couple years when I'm ready to trade this one in.

Don't use at night ,idiot free tint

Actually I do use it at night, but not that often. When I do drive in the evening I haven't had a problem with the dark tint although I have seen cars with what seemed to be a darker tint, that I suspect a driver would have vision problems. Perhaps your vision is not so good? If so, I suggest you visit the Health thread, and click on a topic I recently started,Macular Degeneration. It may prove helpful.

Ace of Pop, on 08 Nov 2015 - 09:04, said:
Spaniel, on 07 Nov 2015 - 20:32, said:

I think I'll stick with my new Jazz although I'll take a look at it again, the BR-V, in a couple years when I'm ready to trade this one in.

Ace ... I'm not sure that your opinion holds true with the newish 'nano ceramic' tints. I've 'reserved' film from SolarFX for my mythical EV. It looks quite dark from the outside but the view he demonstrated at night looked okay to me ... must be 'sort of same phenomenon' as a Tardis whistling.gif

I don't see it as an opinion JAS, just a fact. Clear Glass is Clear, tinted aint. My objection is using it at night. That Tuna Boys ride that killed a Guy last week in Patts was just disgraceful. All our rides have clear heat film now, even the Young Family members find it better, once their Big Heads got round " It Aint Fashionable", some Freakin Reason.Yeh lets look Cool n run someone over.thumbsup.gif .coffee1.gif

Actually I do use it at night, but not that often. When I do drive in the evening I haven't had a problem with the dark tint although I have seen cars with what seemed to be a darker tint, that I suspect a driver would have vision problems. Perhaps your vision is not so good? If so, I suggest you visit the Health thread, and click on a topic I recently started,Macular Degeneration. It may prove helpful.

I suggest You act responsibly..I have 20 20 Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As predicted the prices on the original post were way off. No idea if this is official but brv club posted some new prices :

Honda BR-V S MT ราคา 750,000 บาท

Honda BR-V S CVT ราคา 804,000 บาท
Honda BR-V E CVT ราคา 889,000 บาท

150k for bigger wheels, raised suspension and plastic crap all around the car thumbsup.gif

Almost as outrageous as the CX3, but it will probably sell like hotcakes anyway.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, transam said:

But it's not a Honda (or Chinese)...:whistling:

the brv/brio are not on par with the regular priced honda cars.   The difference with honda and other brands is usually for the same price you get way more of a luxury feel in honda, in those cheap cars there's absolutely no difference with the other brands.  

• Confused 1