Huge Delays On Int'l Line To Us On True

StrongView

Horrible speeds today. Ran a pingplotter test to see what was going on. Look at the ping jump from 230ms in Thailand to 2325 on the line from Thailand to the US. I've never seen it this bad (well, since I've been using PingPlotter). Normal is 230 avg for the whole trip. See below.

pingplotter.jpg

Horrible speeds today. Ran a pingplotter test to see what was going on. Look at the ping jump from 230ms in Thailand to 2325 on the line from Thailand to the US. I've never seen it this bad (well, since I've been using PingPlotter). Normal is 230 avg for the whole trip. See below.

pingplotter.jpg

same here. I get 12-15Kbps down from the ThaiVisa server using 1Mbps True ADSL, but dial up (Lox and Pacific internet)is just as bad (3-4Kbps).

there appears to be a problem with international links. domestic is OK.

Does anybody have info about this from CAT?

opalhort

pingplotter.jpg

same here. I get 12-15Kbps down from the ThaiVisa server using 1Mbps True ADSL, but dial up (Lox and Pacific internet)is just as bad (3-4Kbps).

opalhort

same here with maxnet..................there seems to be a problem.................not a big surprise

opalhort

same here. these from speakeasy today on a 2.5MB connection:

Download Speed: 41 kbps (5.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 43 kbps (5.4 KB/sec transfer rate) ?

Since True told me to enter DNS server address' things seemed to be fairly fast downloading files from certain servers (but not at all with web pages). It has since slowed to a crawl again. True also offered a support email... which replied quickly and asked for speedtests and other info... awaiting second reply... seems that it is the Intl. link though so... CAT problem...

for those who want to try in future: [email protected]

/ff

The guy I'm in touch with regarding my MaxNet problems has asked me to perform some tests for him to help him identify where the problems are...

I will use ping plotter and tracert to give him the information he needs, but if anyone has any suggestions (sensible ones) on additional information i can give him please feel free to PM or post it here - Thanks guys!