How dose a ED visa work

Best your friend checks that this "degree" meets the requirements of the Thai Teaching council.

Without the Councils approval there will be no "B" visa or work permit.

It would seem that as the course takes three years to complete even if your friend manages to resolve the visa issues he will still be working illegally.

Yes, he will still be working illegally. Someone said of here last night to get a multiple entry ED visa, not single, but they are harder to obtain?

I don't know why I'm bothering to ask questions about his status, lazy sod should be doing it himself 555

Multi entry ED visas cannot be obtained within the Region.

It is also illegal to work whilst on an ED visa.

I know it's illegal, but he is early 30's with a Thai girlfriend and doesn't want to go home. Does the UK do multiple entry ED?

They may if he has the correct paperwork from the "College"................

Your friend could also apply for a UK fiancee visa for his girl friend !

Edited by oncearugge

Best your friend checks that this "degree" meets the requirements of the Thai Teaching council.

Without the Councils approval there will be no "B" visa or work permit.

It would seem that as the course takes three years to complete even if your friend manages to resolve the visa issues he will still be working illegally.

Yes, he will still be working illegally. Someone said of here last night to get a multiple entry ED visa, not single, but they are harder to obtain?

I don't know why I'm bothering to ask questions about his status, lazy sod should be doing it himself 555

Multi entry ED visas cannot be obtained within the Region.

It is also illegal to work whilst on an ED visa.

I know it's illegal, but he is early 30's with a Thai girlfriend and doesn't want to go home. Does the UK do multiple entry ED?

Really your friend should be posting this his self lol

And then maybe you wouldn't have high jacked my thread lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can have your thread back now juice777, my questions have been answered and they have been forwarded on to my mate in BKK, he is sad man today and may have to go home...

Yes me 2

This is my other thread I started today

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/868832-Advice-on-visa-now-the-DETV-is-gone

The ED visa game is over. You have 2 options:

Pay a lot of tuition for a legit school and attend classes as stipulated by Education ministry. A lot of work and time and money.

-or-

pay even more money and work with the school to falsify your attendance records to show you have been attending.

In either case depending on whether the Imm officer is constipated or not that day...he may test you on whatever subject you are supposed to be learning...and no matter what the results....he may give you only 30 days extension and tell you to come back in 30 days for another test.

Each time...you are $1900 baht lighter or more (school may them want a bribe to share with him)

You first must get a Non B Ed visa with school documentation (out of Thailand) .this gives you 90 days ...then after this 90 days...the fun as detailed above starts....I would recommend against it unless you really want to be a legit student and have the funds to do so.

All schools falsify attendance records, legit quality schools or the crappy cheapo ones.

If you can speak & read thai when tested, you will get 90 days extension if from a legit school. If from a crappy school on immigration's radar you definitely won't.

Edited by bbi1

Pay a lot of tuition for a legit school and attend classes as stipulated by Education ministry. A lot of work and time and money.

-or-

pay even more money and work with the school to falsify your attendance records to show you have been attending.

In either case depending on whether the Imm officer is constipated or not that day...he may test you on whatever subject you are supposed to be learning...and no matter what the results....he may give you only 30 days extension and tell you to come back in 30 days for another test.

Each time...you are $1900 baht lighter or more (school may them want a bribe to share with him)

You first must get a Non B Ed visa with school documentation (out of Thailand) .this gives you 90 days ...then after this 90 days...the fun as detailed above starts....I would recommend against it unless you really want to be a legit student and have the funds to do so.

All schools falsify attendance records, legit quality schools or the crappy cheapo ones.

If you can speak & read thai when tested, you will get 90 days extension if from a legit school. If from a crappy school on immigration's radar you definitely won't.

If the test decides the outcome of the extension application, I actually would not be concerned. If I am not going to work, my life will welcome the discipline of a daily class, the possibility to meet like-minded farangs with an interest in learning Thai. The fee is probably not unreasonable for a year's tuition.

-or-

If the test decides the outcome of the extension application, I actually would not be concerned. If I am not going to work, my life will welcome the discipline of a daily class, the possibility to meet like-minded farangs with an interest in learning Thai. The fee is probably not unreasonable for a year's tuition.

Not true and never been true in BKK. Last september, immigration officers had lists of schools, only 2 schools in BKK would get 3 months: Wall street and AUA, 2 others included walen got 2 months and the rest got 1 month. Before that, if you paid "VIP service" (meaning 5k)you would get 3 months no questions asked, otherwise you got at best 2 months or even 15 days. I left in August, but the latest I heard (late september) you got 1 month regardless of your school, but again if you slip 2k extra to the agent you can get 2 months

• Like 1

I have a friend who wishes to do this course http://www.thongsookinternational.com/ba-tesol.html and obtain an ED visa to study. The studying is the 3 months of the year when the schools are on holiday, he currently works as a teacher in BKK, no degree, no work permit, no Non B, currently on triple entry tourist visa that expires end of January 2016.

Is this a good idea to become legal to teach in Thailand?

this is university learning, or assimilitated he should be ok with extensions

Hes already teaching illegally, if he gets a degree to get a proper job while doing it, kudos to him.

I have a friend who wishes to do this course http://www.thongsookinternational.com/ba-tesol.html and obtain an ED visa to study. The studying is the 3 months of the year when the schools are on holiday, he currently works as a teacher in BKK, no degree, no work permit, no Non B, currently on triple entry tourist visa that expires end of January 2016.

Hes already teaching illegally, if he gets a degree to get a proper job while doing it, kudos to him.

He wants to be legal as he loves the country and the people. He's a good teacher too, the kids like him, 5 to 8 year olds I think.

He wants to be legal as he loves the country and the people. He's a good teacher too, the kids like him, 5 to 8 year olds I think.

To answer the question, yes better get legal than stay illegal.

Kudos to him

-or-

Not true and never been true in BKK. Last september, immigration officers had lists of schools, only 2 schools in BKK would get 3 months: Wall street and AUA, 2 others included walen got 2 months and the rest got 1 month. Before that, if you paid "VIP service" (meaning 5k)you would get 3 months no questions asked, otherwise you got at best 2 months or even 15 days. I left in August, but the latest I heard (late september) you got 1 month regardless of your school, but again if you slip 2k extra to the agent you can get 2 months

"Not true and never been true in BKK" - Really?? Then how did I always get 3 month extensions in BKK studing at a legit school not being "Wall St or AUA"? According to your info I should've only gotten 1 month. Guess immigration officers always slipped up, whoops! Btw not on an ED visa anymore as it seems to be too much of a hassle on a cheaper alternative for the time being.