breakup, aggressive guy in family

Matej

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a Thai thing. Let the Thais sort it out. Your girlfriend and her family will know how to sort it out.

He is not going to kill you. If he was he would have done it already. He is trying to frighten you that's all.

Once he realises that his tactics are not working he will soon disappear.

Its a Thai thing. Let the Thais sort it out. Your girlfriend and her family will know how to sort it out.

He is not going to kill you. If he was he would have done it already. He is trying to frighten you that's all.

Once he realises that his tactics are not working he will soon disappear.

I agree with others....just handle it Thai style and do not be available or make yourself available...change your cell phone number.

IF...you can........ go on a long vacation and totally ignore the man ...if possible.

Do not get involved any further.

If you live in an apartment affair or condo contact the administration and have him barred from the building or property all together.

Go to your local police station with your wife and tell them you want a restraining order against him.

You can try those suggestions....if you think it is that serious.

Cheers

Agree that drunk Thai moron can be very dangerous.

You have to solve this the Thai way - your girlfriend has to make the family solve the problem. Insist on it. Quietly and calmly insist on it.

My girlfriend family, they can't take care about themselves ...

First reaction of old mama back in Isaan was where is Toyta car, did you leave with car?

She don't care about happiness of her daughter at all ... money, lotus flowers and alcohol.

Guys parents are dead, he is 52 years old.

Family problem is always my problem, sadly.

I wasn't so lucky with my Thai relatives as other members

Edited by Matej

OP, don't ever keep someone's wife in your home for a couple of days. That man is threatening you because you kept his wife in your home without his concern. If you had to keep her in your home, the right thing that you would have done was to contact the man and find out what the problem was that his wife left to your home. You didn't do this and kept her in your home for a couple of days, dragging yourself into her problem with her husband. Tomorrow the man will accuse you of giving his wife bad doctrine to leave him. If not, why were you keeping her in your home when she is not your wife? You didn't only keep the wife but you kept his son too. So you took his family hostage. What if something happened to them while in your house? Her sister is you girlfriend but that does not allow you to house her when she has problems with her husband. Your life is in eminent danger. You heard the story from her and took it for the gospel truth which according to me is wrong. The man is this, the man is that, let her do the right thing by contacting the Police, her parents, her in laws, social welfare, etc to look for a solution. If a divorce then good and fine. Not coming to stay in your home and hiding. She doesn't want the man, let her use the right channel to divorce him. Between a man and a woman, keep your mouth shut and keep your distance. Tomorrow that woman will go back to that man and will be the first person to tell him that you were encouraging her not to go back to him again. Now that your life is in danger, will you go into hiding too? You look for this problem yourself by keeping someone's wife in your home without contacting the man to find out what was wrong. Now contact the Police to protect yourself.

Edited by Lekong

A big brave man would involve the Police.

Presumably the SMS "death threat" evidence has been preserved and the sister , girl friend and you are all willing to lay a complaint and provide statements?

People here can do serious time for saying things in SMS text messages.

OP, don't ever keep someone's wife in your home for a couple of days. That man is threatening you because you kept his wife in your home without his concern. If you had to keep her in your home, the right thing that you would have done was to contact the man and find out what the problem was that his wife left to your home. You didn't do this and kept her in your home for a couple of days, dragging yourself into her problem with her husband. Tomorrow the man will accuse you of giving his wife bad doctrine to leave him. If not, why were you keeping her in your home when she is not your wife? Her sister is you girlfriend but that does not allow you to house her when she has problems with her husband. Your life is in eminent danger. You heard the story from her and took it for the gospel truth which according to me is wrong. The man is this, the man is that, let her do the right thing by contacting the Police, her parents, her in laws, social welfare, etc to look for a solution. If a divorce then good and fine. Not coming to stay in your home and hiding. She doesn't want the man, let her use the right channel to divorce him. Between a man and a woman, keep your mouth shut and keep your distance. Tomorrow that woman will go back to that man and will be the first person to tell him that you were encouraging her not to go back to him again. Now that your life is in danger, will you go into hiding too? You look for this problem yourself by keeping someone's wife in your home without contacting the man to find out what was wrong. Now contact the Police to protect yourself.

You nailed it.

I agree - that is how the guy will reason in this situation.

You are easy bait. A drunk / crazy guy doesnt want to hurt his wife or her sister, but if you are involved you will be easily blamed and attacked for any number of reason.

If says he wants to kill someone, he should be taken seriously.

I would not insert myself in this situation.

Thanks for all comments, I'm considering go to police and I will definitely take some holiday.

Time solves everything, as Thais keep saying all the time.

The Thai police don`t believe in crime prevention or giving warnings, they wait until a crime has been committed then if it`s convenient not during a tea break, dinner hour or attending the funeral of a relative, especially not in the lum yai season, they may come out and make a report.

Well, you won't beat a bullet.

That's the problem, Thai people won't fight you fairly, never one on one. Plus weapons will be used.

On the other hand why he's threatening you? It's not your fault.

It's crazy but no one knows your situation

If you think he's serious about killing you then you need to act somehow, that is down to you.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really, Thais only?? If I had to fight someone, I would not be a gentleman. Only pansies living in a fantasy world would suggest that a person fight with "honor".

Thais won't fight without a group of other Thais behind him, or unless he has a weapon of some kind.

Stop slagging of Thais! There are good and bad in all country's.

This happens all over the world, its called thug/pack mentality. I know plenty of Thai men who would smash you one on one. You do know that Muay Thai is their national sport and its a form of one on one combat?

It's nothing personal, they just don't like you. Your in Asia.

Edited by pow01

He sounds like a heavy drinker, and because of that...it will only be a matter of time until he causes trouble. His size won't matter much, as he will probably arm himself with some weaponry.

Best thing for his wife would be to go a "safer" place, with a friend or relative. Once he knows that she is out of the area (and not with you, or your wife), then he would have no reason to threaten you.

I would have your wife contact some kind of social services (if they exist), to visit the man...and explain that his wife is no longer in the area. By all means....do not be the bearer of bad news, and keep your wife from doing that as well. You should help the lady, only very discretely....as the man is obviously out of his mind.

Yes there are several different social service agencies and also run by citizens.

The 'Pavena' foundation is one and Ms Pavena is very capable, well established has lots on contacts, gov't agency jump when she speaks, she's not frightened of anyone and nobody would dare mess with her.

Thais won't fight without a group of other Thais behind him, or unless he has a weapon of some kind.

Stop slagging of Thais! There are good and bad in all country's.

This happens all over the world, its called thug/pack mentality. I know plenty of Thai men who would smash you one on one. You do know that Muay Thai is their national sport and its a form of one on one combat?

It's nothing personal, they just don't like you. Your in Asia.

' I know plenty of Thai men who would smash you one on one'. I agree with you, but there are plenty more who won't

fight without backup. The cowards all stick together.

This guy sounds like a certifiable nutter and almost a carbon copy of that idiot in Pattaya.

Do not entertain any aggression towards this guy, as he'll deal with you as he will with his wife/gf. I'm sorry, I know she did not mean this to happen but now she's put you into the mix. As others have said, someone needs to pay him a visit, either a family member he respects, social services, monk, or the police in a non-threatening manner.

I hope this gets sorted out in everyone's favour. Good luck.

Agree that drunk Thai moron can be very dangerous.

You have to solve this the Thai way - your girlfriend has to make the family solve the problem. Insist on it. Quietly and calmly insist on it.

My girlfriend family, they can't take care about themselves ...

First reaction of old mama back in Isaan was where is Toyta car, did you leave with car?

She don't care about happiness of her daughter at all ... money, lotus flowers and alcohol.

Guys parents are dead, he is 52 years old.

Family problem is always my problem, sadly.

I wasn't so lucky with my Thai relatives as other members

The majority of guys who say they have good decent family members are LYING..............hahaha.

Esp the ones who built mansions in the middle of the 'sticks.

OP, don't ever keep someone's wife in your home for a couple of days. That man is threatening you because you kept his wife in your home without his concern. If you had to keep her in your home, the right thing that you would have done was to contact the man and find out what the problem was that his wife left to your home. You didn't do this and kept her in your home for a couple of days, dragging yourself into her problem with her husband. Tomorrow the man will accuse you of giving his wife bad doctrine to leave him. If not, why were you keeping her in your home when she is not your wife? Her sister is you girlfriend but that does not allow you to house her when she has problems with her husband. Your life is in eminent danger. You heard the story from her and took it for the gospel truth which according to me is wrong. The man is this, the man is that, let her do the right thing by contacting the Police, her parents, her in laws, social welfare, etc to look for a solution. If a divorce then good and fine. Not coming to stay in your home and hiding. She doesn't want the man, let her use the right channel to divorce him. Between a man and a woman, keep your mouth shut and keep your distance. Tomorrow that woman will go back to that man and will be the first person to tell him that you were encouraging her not to go back to him again. Now that your life is in danger, will you go into hiding too? You look for this problem yourself by keeping someone's wife in your home without contacting the man to find out what was wrong. Now contact the Police to protect yourself.

You nailed it.

You are easy bait. A drunk / crazy guy doesnt want to hurt his wife or her sister, but if you are involved you will be easily blamed and attacked for any number of reason.

I see your point, but it's too late now ...

She came here from BKK, 110 km to Sriracha, 22:00 what should I do? Tell her go away ...

Funny is that many times I help this guy lend him some money, pay buffet and now what?

Everything is forgotten.

Go to where he is and smash him to bits.

Otherwise pay off the cops to have very serious words with him, or go cheap n file a report & restaining order, they'll give you a useless hotline to call.

Invest in an attack /guard dog like a Fila and have your lass buy u a shotgun, you'll be warned by the dog if anyone's sneaking about and it's cheaper than moving.

Better things to do in the day than worry about somchai the drunk.

You nailed it.

She came here from BKK, 110 km to Sriracha, 22:00 what should I do? Tell her go away ...

Funny is that many times I help this guy lend him some money, pay buffet and now what?

Everything is forgotten.

Having a partner from the familybackground, as you mentioned before, you are irrelevant....only usefull...if you allow that.

Get out mate and find a person from a better upbringing and background.

You are worried now but they dont care....

You nailed it.

Everything is forgotten.

Having a partner from the familybackground, as you mentioned before, you are irrelevant....only usefull...if you allow that.

Get out mate and find a person from a better upbringing and background.

You are worried now but they dont care....

No one choose parents.

There are thousands and thousands problematic people everywhere ...

General rule is that in poor family will be more problems.

Prostitution, alcoholism, violence and gambling ... you can find it very easily in Thailand.

Edited by Matej

I think I know that guy. Is his name Nunya? Surname Business? IF you were married you might have a dog in the fight. You're not. Let them do whatever it is they did before you existed. Oh, and grab a pair of brass knuckles at any talod sod for 100B and keep them tucked behind your wallet. When he comes at you personally send his teeth through his poop chute.

He sounds like a heavy drinker, and because of that...it will only be a matter of time until he causes trouble. His size won't matter much, as he will probably arm himself with some weaponry.

Best thing for his wife would be to go a "safer" place, with a friend or relative. Once he knows that she is out of the area (and not with you, or your wife), then he would have no reason to threaten you.

I would have your wife contact some kind of social services (if they exist), to visit the man...and explain that his wife is no longer in the area. By all means....do not be the bearer of bad news, and keep your wife from doing that as well. You should help the lady, only very discretely....as the man is obviously out of his mind.

They used to live in Nong Khaem, I stay in Sriracha, he knows she is not here, but he also knows that I know where she is hidding.

That's why he is doing this.

Get the police involved. My wife's sister had an issue with an ex-boyfriend just showing up at her house not wanting to leave. She didnt know what to do, I told them call the police which they finally did and they went and paid the guy a visit. That was the end of it. Thai's never think about calling the police, dont know why.