breakup, aggressive guy in family

Matej

Hello

Few weeks ago sister of my girlfriend ran away from her husband and show up in my apartment with her little son.

She stayed couple days and now she is hidding in Krungthep. She don't want to be with him anymore.

The problem is that her former husband is more and more aggressive.

Five days after the incident, when he realised that she will not come back this time, he showed up drunken, looking for her asking where is she and

shouting that he will kill her ... she was already gone. Now he is calling and sending SMS day and night that if we don't tell him where she is

he will kill us all ...

I mean, I've been in all kind of scum in this <deleted> country, but no one threaten to me like this before.

What do you think I should do? My grilfriend wants to move, which I don't want.

Thais can be extremly aggressive, on the other hand the guy has 50 kg, I would tear him in half ... so I'm just waiting if he shows up.

Would appreciate any advice

Edited by CharlieH

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, you won't beat a bullet.

That's the problem, Thai people won't fight you fairly, never one on one. Plus weapons will be used.

On the other hand why he's threatening you? It's not your fault.

It's crazy but no one knows your situation

If you think he's serious about killing you then you need to act somehow, that is down to you.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He sounds like a heavy drinker, and because of that...it will only be a matter of time until he causes trouble. His size won't matter much, as he will probably arm himself with some weaponry.

Best thing for his wife would be to go a "safer" place, with a friend or relative. Once he knows that she is out of the area (and not with you, or your wife), then he would have no reason to threaten you.

I would have your wife contact some kind of social services (if they exist), to visit the man...and explain that his wife is no longer in the area. By all means....do not be the bearer of bad news, and keep your wife from doing that as well. You should help the lady, only very discretely....as the man is obviously out of his mind.

Edited by slipperylobster

He sounds like a heavy drinker, and because of that...it will only be a matter of time until he causes trouble. His size won't matter much, as he will probably arm himself with some weaponry.

Best thing for his wife would be to go a "safer" place, with a friend or relative. Once he knows that she is out of the area (and not with you, or your wife), then he would have no reason to threaten you.

I would have your wife contact some kind of social services (if they exist), to visit the man...and explain that his wife is no longer in the area. By all means....do not be the bearer of bad news, and keep your wife from doing that as well. You should help the lady, only very discretely....as the man is obviously out of his mind.

They used to live in Nong Khaem, I stay in Sriracha, he knows she is not here, but he also knows that I know where she is hidding.

That's why he is doing this.

They used to live in Nong Khaem, I stay in Sriracha, he knows she is not here, but he also knows that I know where she is hidding.

Wow. You are out-smarted by a piss head Thai.

Time to pack up your bags and go home. Your mum is waiting.

If he turns up just tear him apart. Like you said he is only 50kgs.

If he pulls a knife.. Shoot him.. If he pulls a gun.. Fire your RPG.. If he pulls an RPG.. Dress up like batman film it and put it on this visa.

My advise - do not post garbage like this in your opening post -

""I mean, I've been in all kind of scum in this trash country,""

He is only reflecting the kind of company he keeps?

You know ditching the gf might be a good idea. Who needs this kind of non-sense .

Just go get a hi-so gf........................hahhaahaha.

In my experience breaking up with girls and having them do similar things. The best thing you can do is completely ignore the guy. Don't open the door for him if he comes, don't answers his calls or texts. I'm not sure about your safety but if someone was coming to my place threatening me like that I would at least go hide out somewhere for a bit.

Birds of feather ...

Unfortunately that can happen to "good" people too. The first thing I would do is inform the police and lodge a complain against the violent relative. Like this if the guy show up and unfortunately slips on the carpet ... you can expect a much more sympathetic ear from the police if they want to interview you.

You don't have to be smart to stab or shoot someone, so don't be a smart arse. Easy to be a keyboard hero.

Edited by giddyup

Birds of feather ...

Unfortunately that can happen to "good" people too. The first thing I would do is inform the police and lodge a complain against the violent relative. Like this if the guy show up and unfortunately slips on the carpet ... you can expect a much more sympathetic ear from the police if they want to interview you.

Disagree.

Nobody can expect a sympathetic ear from the police in family disputes - especially when there is a farang involved.

Next time he shows up, have a weapon, ie a baseball bat as near to you as possible but out of his sight.

Make sure he hasn't a gun or knife, if he hasn't, forget about the base ball bat if he is on his own, and insist

you know nothing about anything. Being in Thailand, what ever you do, do not use any violence unless in self defence.

If this was in the UK, my advice would be very different.

'Time to pack up your bags and go home. Your mum is waiting'. What kind of advice is that to give the OP?

Why has he been outsmarted? In normal circumstances, he should just give him a good hiding, but TiT

Thais won't fight without a group of other Thais behind him, or unless he has a weapon of some kind.

I think a lot of people

are just regurgitating

what they've seen on

youtube or read in the

various farang news

outlets.

Not all lovelorn Thais

go out looking for an

arms dealer at the

merest whiff of a

break up. Best bet is

inform the police as a

formality and keep a

blade or a bat by the

door.

Tell him she owes you money...say 50,000...but any number of substance will do..

And, since she's disappeared the police (after examining the loan agreement she signed) have advised you that her husband is legally responsible.

Furthermore, the police have offered to perform collection services for 50% off the top. But, to simplify things, you'll settle if he pays you 60%.

You'll never hear from him again.

Edited by Hayduke

'Time to pack up your bags and go home. Your mum is waiting'. What kind of advice is that to give the OP?

Why has he been outsmarted? In normal circumstances, he should just give him a good hiding, but TiT

Thais won't fight without a group of other Thais behind him, or unless he has a weapon of some kind.

A sound one. One that perhaps few others on here should take.

To the OP, if you decide to stay, leave this problem to your wife to resolve. She is Thai, and will know exactly how dangerous

the situation is.