Greenpeace banned in India

rooster59

Greenpeace banned in India

post-247607-0-59501600-1446943987_thumb.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has cancelled Greenpeace’s licence to operate in the country, citing financial fraud and falsification of data.

The environmental group has denied wrongdoing and said the closure is a an attempt to silence dissent.

Last year, Modi’s government withdrew permission for Greenpeace to receive foreign funding, saying the money was being used to block industrial projects.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-08

I'd this an example of shooting the messenger

Sorry but India are completely correct and this type of action should be carried out by a lot more countries. Do not think the do-gooders who stand on streets raising money and protesting are the voice of Green Peace. Green Peace is a business, whose top executives are paid a fortune and who respond to lobbying by Government and Multi-Nationals if they think it will line their coffers with yet more money. The ideas of the 60's-70's group that initially started Green Peace are long gone to be replaced with only the corporate greed we see from any other large organisation. Financial mismanagement and malpractice is endemic throughout the 'movement'.

Sorry but India are completely correct and this type of action should be carried out by a lot more countries. Do not think the do-gooders who stand on streets raising money and protesting are the voice of Green Peace. Green Peace is a business, whose top executives are paid a fortune and who respond to lobbying by Government and Multi-Nationals if they think it will line their coffers with yet more money. The ideas of the 60's-70's group that initially started Green Peace are long gone to be replaced with only the corporate greed we see from any other large organisation. Financial mismanagement and malpractice is endemic throughout the 'movement'.

Says who? India is little more than a cesspool .

Sorry? Says who, what? What is your point?

Sorry? Says who, what? What is your point?

You make claims 'lobby if they think it makes them money' 'corporate greed' endemic 'financial mismanagement' 'endemic malpractice', so substantiate those claims.

Personally I'm convinced they make mistakes and there are problems, just as with every other organisation. But IMO the balance is clearly positive, so I support them.

Says me.

I was in Spain just after there was a major disaster in Pakistan.

We heard about it on the radio at 8am as it was breaking.

At 10am on my way to work, the posters requesting donations and bank account numbers were already up in the bus stations.

Can you imagine the admin involved in that.

Just getting the posters printed in that time is phenomenal.

Have no doubt about it charity and religion are huge businesses.

So we are in agreement then?

Slerickson implies he is challenging what was said about Green Peace being nothing more than a corporate greed machine.

Says me.

At 10am on my way to work, the posters requesting donations and bank account numbers were already up in the bus stations.

Sorry, simply not possible.

Breaking at 8 am and posters up by 10 am is physically not possible.

Says me.

Stevenl

Are we to presume you own a poster making shop? If so is it a slow one that refuses to accept template posters with the latest crisis of the day put on in 10 minutes? "Please help victims of the earthquake, send all your money here". Ooooooh look I did it myself in 30 seconds, a bigger fancy font put on to a series of pre made template posters with all contact numbers addresses and details already sitting on the computer ready to go and I could have a 1000 poster run down at my trusted poster in 25 mins from breaking news ;) All he does is load in, put in the paper and press print. Did you know the days of typo setting stopped 30 years ago?

Says me.

Stevenl

Are we to presume you own a poster making shop? If so is it a slow one that refuses to accept template posters with the latest crisis of the day put on in 10 minutes? "Please help victims of the earthquake, send all your money here". Ooooooh look I did it myself in 30 seconds, a bigger fancy font put on to a series of pre made template posters with all contact numbers addresses and details already sitting on the computer ready to go and I could have a 1000 poster run down at my trusted poster in 25 mins from breaking news ;) All he does is load in, put in the paper and press print. Did you know the days of typo setting stopped 30 years ago?

You really have no idea.