Microsoft Edge

KamalaRider

It seems that Microsoft Edge isn't well supported by Thai Visa.

I have difficulties writing posts using Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 browser) but not with Google Chrome.

It doesn't happen all the time but more and more frequent.

Anyone else have the same problem here or in any other forum?

There was recently an update to Edge. Did it help? I'm sticking to Chrome until MS gets the bugs worked out of edge. That said, I just bought a nice little Win 10 tablet so the ability to use a stylus and write on the pages is looking more appealing.

There was recently an update to Edge. Did it help? I'm sticking to Chrome until MS gets the bugs worked out of edge. That said, I just bought a nice little Win 10 tablet so the ability to use a stylus and write on the pages is looking more appealing.

I have all the updates so no, it didn't help.

I've got Galaxy phones and tablets because of historical reasons, I have started to love Win 10 though on my desktop computer.

If I didn't need to write code or use a database etc. for programming, I wouldn't use a desktop/notebook computer anymore.

I am not positive, but I think it may have to do with javascript.

ThaiVisa forum is the only web site I have this problem of slow rendering with the Edge browser.

An early look at the new javascript on Edge: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/05/12/javascript-moves-forward-in-microsoft-edge-with-ecmascript-6-and-beyond/

I have had some problems with other web sites as well but not as much I have with Thai Visa.

Sometimes when I post a reply, the browser behaves very strange, space become scroll down and tab sometimes set things straight again but it happens less and less.

This post is made on Edge and right now, I don't have any problems.

But you are right, rendering is sometimes excrutiatingly slow with Edge, I wish there were a compatibility button to use.​

Now I have to use go Internet explorer from the menu.

For those who have used MS Edge -

Cost

Use

Advantages

Disadvantages

Overall opinion?

Cost - +10 of 10 as there were no cost, I upgraded my Win7 for free to Win 10, hence I got Edge for free

Use - +5 Normally I appreciate the speed, at least on the sites I use for my job

Advantages - + 5 Generally enhanced speed

Disadvantages - (-10) Sometimes the browser is slower and also not rendering correctly at some web sites

I use Edge as my default browser, after have been using Chrome as default the last 5 years.

Edge is indeed fast...faster than Chrome and IE that I use...and I expect it's faster than Firefox also because when I did have Firefox on my computer Chrome (and maybe even IE) was faster than Firefox. With Edge webpages do indeed open fast but of course it's pretty much a bare-bones browser at this stage in its life.

Pib

Surprise - I have done some reading on MS Edge!

Currently, I have Chrome (mini) 1?

All is going well with the exception that STARTUP may take more than 1 BOOT.

"If it works, don't fix it" - yea!

My opinion that it is too early to install EDGE?

Give them time to fix the early bugs & then reassess.

YOUR OPINION?

Not sure if already noted, but Microsoft doesn't support any of its products in Thailand, nor does Apple (Apple only thru 3rd party services). Lots of big U.S. Corps look at Thailand as mega pirates, China too but China supplies cheap slave labor so most look the other way.

Not sure if already noted, but Microsoft doesn't support any of its products in Thailand, nor does Apple (Apple only thru 3rd party services). Lots of big U.S. Corps look at Thailand as mega pirates, China too but China supplies cheap slave labor so most look the other way.

Microsoft has supported all of my Microsoft products for the past 15 years in Thailand.

Microsoft has supported all of my Microsoft products for the past 15 years in Thailand.

Already contacted Microsoft as I own many U.S. based licenses, they don't support Thailand directly, need use 3rd party of which you purchased from. The closest Microsoft/Apple direct authorized is Malaysia or Singapore.

As I posted, Microsoft has supported all of my Microsoft products while I have been in Thailand. Microsoft..... not a 3d party.

Maybe the people helping me were not in Thailand, and that is fine with me. When I have contacted Microsoft in Thailand, I was not able to communicate because of the language. However, I was able to get support for all of my products from Microsoft.

I have also been told at various times to contact Microsoft Thailand. I continued trying to contact Microsoft other than Thailand and I have been successful and received support.

In my most recent experience, Microsoft Thailand does not support products which are not available for sale in Thailand. I was still able to receive support for the products from Microsoft in other places. Whether this was 3d party or not, my recent experience was through a paid Microsoft support product, so that, in my opinion is Microsoft support. The billing is to my Microsoft account.

I also had an experience from a 3d party supplied Microsoft operating system. When there was a problem (because that product was not available for sale in Thailand), Microsoft provided support and fixed the problem. This was through paid Microsoft support. I might add that the support technician spent considerable hours working on my computer remotely to repair the problem.