Anyone with experience with those jetty-build bungalows? What happens with sewage water?

flyDelight

I'm considering to hire one of those fantastic looking bungalows that are build on jetties in Ban Saray, just wonder what happens with sewage water, is it just being dumped into the sea? Watching your neighbors turds floating around your home can't be really pleasant I guess. Also cannot imagine they made a pipe all to the road or having some underwater septic tank installed...

Edited by flyDelight

I have asked myself the same question regarding all the sewage here. Each time I flush the toilet I wonder what path the little brown bugger will travel. I shudder. There are so many corners being cut today to save spending money that we do not have and must borrow and we always seem to kick the environment can along with many others down the road for future generations to worry about. Thank God I will not be here

A couple of years ago I went to one of the sea food joints in Bang Saray that extend out over the water.

There were only a few people there and a Thai man went to the "rest room" as Americans call it? A few minutes after he returned to his table my Thai GF looked over the railing and pointed. A large brown submarine was bobbing past 10 feet below us.......

you did ask......

I have asked myself the same question regarding all the sewage here. Each time I flush the toilet I wonder what path the little brown bugger will travel.

40+ years ago in the 6th grade, the graffiti on the school toilet suggested "Flush twice. It's a long way to the cafeteria..."

I am going down right now so I can see these fantastic looking bungalows the OP is talking about since the only ones I have ever seen in Bang Saray are real Thai style dumps that just happen to be over water, sandwiched between seafood restaurants

Now there appears to be a new resort on the soi along the water at the South end next to the Navy Base but I don't think that their bungalows are over the water