Arms manufacturers dominate Dubai Airshow

webfact

Arms manufacturers dominate Dubai Airshow

606x341_316709.jpg

DUBAI: -- It is expected to be the biggest yet in terms of visitor numbers and those selling their wares but this year’s Dubai Airshow is unlikely to replicate the success of the previous 2013 event.

Falling oil prices and unrest in some parts of the region have taken their toll – in fact the show is set to be dominated by the presence of arms manufacturers as Gulf states make security a priority.

Boeing, the world’s second largest weapons maker is optimistic that it will finalise an order of Super Hornet fighter jets to Kuwait – but other deals are being put on the back burner.

Although 160 aircraft are on display at the five day event, experts predict one the of the best sellers will be a newcomer to the show, UAVs or unmanned aerial vehicles, commonly known as drones.

As a sign of growth in this part of the market, some will even be taking part in the flying display this year.

Our reporter Rita Del Prete in Dubai said:

“There is a feeling of excitement and optimism in this Airshow, some contracts are already signed but others are only just at the starting point of negotiations. In the next few days we will have a more precise idea of the amounts of money involved.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-09

At least all these international tensions and terrorism are good for business... I hope chaos in the Middle East, Africa, Ukraine, etc, will last long enough to keep our arms sales up and help our old Europe getting through the current economic crisis and restoring a positive trade balance. Fingers crossed !

At least all these international tensions and terrorism are good for business... I hope chaos in the Middle East, Africa, Ukraine, etc, will last long enough to keep our arms sales up and help our old Europe getting through the current economic crisis and restoring a positive trade balance. Fingers crossed !

Wonders will never cease!

be sure and figure in the cost of Europe taking in the 10''s of thousands heading your way to get away from that chaos.

I have seen a lot of private companies profit from war,/arm sales but few governments seem to operate at a profit even when on the winning side. I doubt those making the profit are going to sponsor the hordes heading their way, so they end up being a liability to the working, taxpaying citizens who pay to keep them sheltered, feed them, cloth them, educate them, provide health care, etc, and try to to keep them occupied in a legal job /profession instead of a life of crime.

Edited by slapout