webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like a nasty bump right enough lucky he had his seat belt on

I was thinking exactly the opposite - by not wearing a seat belt, he slid under the steering wheel so his head was low down. If he'd been strapped to the seat, he would've been decapitated.

All guesswork, of course. biggrin.png

(TV accident investigations analyst at work here. rolleyes.gif)

Whoa. Just how fast was the concrete truck going, 120kph? Or are those Toyotas made out of tinfoil?

Truck doesn't need to be going fast - it's the inertia of the huge amount of weight that does the damage. Have to admit though the back of that cab is pretty mashed up - it's gonna take more than just one bottle of T-Cut to sort that out....

I was thinking exactly the opposite - by not wearing a seat belt, he slid under the steering wheel so his head was low down. If he'd been strapped to the seat, he would've been decapitated.

Or it could be the famous GOA body that all Toyota Vios has. GOA body on Vios has a crumple zone and high integrity cabin. It protects the occupants by helping minimize deformation to the passenger compartment.

Bit of quick panel work and it should be on the road again very shortly.

You may be joking ( I assume! ) but I pass a body repair yard most days, and I am constantly amazed at some of the repairs they manage Wrecks that in the west would be scrapped reappear looking as good as new.

How well they go round corners after they are put back on the road, well I don't know.

y

So, no sign of a struggle, no weapons found ( cement truck not considered a weapon, ???) too fast, too close, texting, using phone. The mind boggles. Lucky taxi driver.

Normally we would blame the following vehicle but an horrific crash in China where a minivan was the filling in the sandwich between two trucks killing all on board made me think again. The minivan had just dived in between the two trucks when the first one stopped, the following truck driver may have had a cushioned deceleration but didn't hit the first truck too hard so it could be argued that he was correctly spaced, unfortunately inexperienced drivers just see a gap which they think should be filled.

Bit of quick panel work and it should be on the road again very shortly.

You may be joking ( I assume! ) but I pass a body repair yard most days, and I am constantly amazed at some of the repairs they manage Wrecks that in the west would be scrapped reappear looking as good as new.

How well they go round corners after they are put back on the road, well I don't know.

Sort of joking - making a point that what would be a rightoff in the west from the lack of structural integretary following repair - would be resurrected in LOS and allowed back on the road without a second thought.

Normally we would blame the following vehicle but an horrific crash in China where a minivan was the filling in the sandwich between two trucks killing all on board made me think again. The minivan had just dived in between the two trucks when the first one stopped, the following truck driver may have had a cushioned deceleration but didn't hit the first truck too hard so it could be argued that he was correctly spaced, unfortunately inexperienced drivers just see a gap which they think should be filled.

Rest assured there won't be any critical analysis of the cause here -exchange a few brown envelopes and the problem will be soon forgotten.

Surprised the LPG tank didn't explode!

Well installed LPG doesn't explode, tanks are quite thick, if the vehicle catches fire the gas is released and burned through the valve. A leak and fire would have been fatal for the driver of course LPG, NGV or petrol.

The concrete driver was back at work 5 minutes later driving in the same idiotic way but with a new amulet to add to his collections of "dumbass " trinklets swinging from his neck

He was rear ended by a cement mixer and shunted under a bus.How does that make his driving idiotic? I've taken many taxis in Bangkok, and found most of the drivers to be decent blokes doing a crap job that I couldn't do for a single day. Pleased for the driver.

The concrete driver was back at work 5 minutes later driving in the same idiotic way but with a new amulet to add to his collections of "dumbass " trinklets swinging from his neck

He was rear ended by a cement mixer and shunted under a bus.How does that make his driving idiotic? I've taken many taxis in Bangkok, and found most of the drivers to be decent blokes doing a crap job that I couldn't do for a single day. Pleased for the driver.

I think that was the cement truck driver referred to as idiotic - not the cab driver.

I think that was the cement truck driver referred to as idiotic - not the cab driver.

My mistake, sorry. Must read posts twice before replying (or three times if I've had a beer).

How long have you had the comprehension problem?

How long have you had the comprehension problem?

Apologised once already when someone pointed this out. Last time I say sorry, I can only eat so much humble pie.

Or it could be the famous GOA body that all Toyota Vios has. GOA body on Vios has a crumple zone and high integrity cabin. It protects the occupants by helping minimize deformation to the passenger compartment.

The crumple zones sure worked! Not sure if there's any strengthening from top down though. ohmy.png

In europe there is a regulation about "Rear Underrun Protective Devices" (i.e. big bumpers at the back) that prevent this kind of event. Not sure if the Vios body would have withstood that kind of impact though.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getAllAnswers.do?reference=P-2013-006496&language=EN