What is the most spacious car for less than 600K baht?

vinmelo89

Sounds like a used double cab pickup, fitting it with an enclosed rear would suit your needs best. But I am an Isaan villager so I would say that. Maybe your neighbours would look down on you if you are a posh townie!

Probably get a 2-3 yo low miles Vigo or similar within budget which would also hold its value well if you looked after it.

Edited by SantiSuk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't thank you all enough for your advice. You've really opened up whole new range of possibilities..

Yes the freed is definitely something I'll look at as well... second hand through the honda certified used car network

I'll be driving in the next couple of weeks the Avanza, and the jazz as well.. I'll keep you posted.

Double cab pick up + enclosed rear.. I'd LOVE to but my wife hates pick ups .. too difficult to manoeuver according to her.. well, I'll leave at that. ;)

Jazz, Almera (need to take a closer look as it looks very sedan to me), Avanza, (yaris.. seems too small really), it seems I've narrowed down the possibilities.

Thanks so very much.

It`s good to read such an interesting topic. Owners of vehicles will always give you a

truer opinion than the manufacturers. Second hand is a good option, as long as you are

careful and buy from a reputable dealer. Many Thais do not like second hand, always want

new, they cannot understand that the first year after a new vehicles registration, is the

biggest depreciation period. You should be ok though, having a farang wife. Good luck

and keep us posted

There's quite a few out there that fit your needs. Look at the Almera. I have had one for 3 years. i thik Mazda makes something comparable but donot know the price.

I bought a Nissan Almera 12 months ago, only 6 mths old, repo by Nissan (there are shitloads of them), 370kbht. Very roomy in front and back seats, good sized boot, auto, excellent on fuel and have had many comments about the spaciousness and performance given the small motor. New 520k with everything.

My Sister in Law bought an Almera, I was amazed at the interior space, especially rear space, big boot etc, good cheap car in my opinion.

For what it's worth, the latest (third generation) Jazz seems to have a bit more space in the back - most secondhand Jazz on the market now would be the previous, second generation, model.

I own the second generation model, and it's spacious enough anyway, and it's VERY reliable. In six years, apart from regular servicing, I've replaced a battery and the tyres, that's all.

I am very happy with the NISSAN MARCH at that time 430.000 B. I drive now since nearly 3 years.

One of the first trips was 85 km and back to Udon Thani with 10 in the car, 2 boys 17 - 20 in the trunk which is inside the passenger cabin if you give away the trunk luggage cover. (That for your dogs)

4 Thai adults and me on the seats and 3 children 1-8, everywhere. thumbsup.gif

Place enough price good drives well, I LIKE.

All valid choices! I'm off to the car dealers on saturday in Trat;.. let's see what they can offer me..
A CRV would be sooo nice, I love that car..not so sure about the sedan such as almera or ciaz.. they are quite reasonably priced but I'm afraid my dogs won't like too much that kind of trunk ;) but again, I've never seen up close and perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I can't believe so many of you guys have jumped in and given me their advice. Much appreciated !!

All valid choices! I'm off to the car dealers on saturday in Trat;.. let's see what they can offer me..

A CRV would be sooo nice, I love that car..not so sure about the sedan such as almera or ciaz.. they are quite reasonably priced but I'm afraid my dogs won't like too much that kind of trunk wink.png but again, I've never seen up close and perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I can't believe so many of you guys have jumped in and given me their advice. Much appreciated !!

If you like the cr-v, the hr-v will be better value - around a million baht and has flat folding rear. They are very popular at the moment and I think selling better than the cr-v. The nissan x-trail is good too, but costs the same as cr-v. It depends on your budget, but all those exceed 600K by a large margin.

The Bangkok Motor Expo is coming up, you can sit in as many as you want, and short test drives are available for many of them. You can also get a good deal at the show. That is at Impact in Nonthaburi.

A CRV would be sooo nice, I love that car..not so sure about the sedan such as almera or ciaz.. they are quite reasonably priced but I'm afraid my dogs won't like too much that kind of trunk wink.png but again, I've never seen up close and perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Forget about the Almera, Ciaz or any other sedan that's been mentioned here - those are just posters that are responding to the topic title without actually reading your requirements :)

Forget about the Almera, Ciaz or any other sedan that's been mentioned here - those are just posters that are responding to the topic title without actually reading your requirements smile.png

They are simply proud of their first mini car at the age of 50 years old. Not nice to poke fun of their first achievement in life

How do you know what their achievements are? What do you have, a moped?

And not what I was getting at anyway. wink.png

I was just highlighting that for someone who needs to carry 2 dogs and people as well, a sedan is the wrong advice..

From personal experience you would need non-perforated leather if you carry dogs on the back seat of a sedan....they can and do have accidents sick.gif Get jazz and one of those big hard plastic floor covers to protect any fabric.

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your enlightenment. Avanza seems to be quite an interesting choice. On toyotasure (thanks for the link) I could find nice models 2012/2013 for 400K Baht with little mileage, <50 000kms, which isn't bad. Guarantee is key and Id' rather spend a bit more money and buy through an authorized car dealer that will offer some guarantee.

Can't wait to test drive it wink.png

Have all a nice day!

Whilst You May think that the case, be careful..and ensure it still comes with full service history and its all aligned !! They buy there stock cars from the auctions just like You can..You have been warned !!

2 years old....... Hi-Line, Top model, ABS, Airbags, cruise control, leather etc 399,000 baht. couple of friends bought them, no problems at all [to replaced their Toyota Wish which is no longer made]

The 2015 model has a turbo engine + LPG.. and cost 918,000 baht !!

post-42643-0-14159500-1447464969_thumb.j

2 years old....... Hi-Line, Top model, ABS, Airbags, cruise control, leather etc 399,000 baht. couple of friends bought them, no problems at all [to replaced their Toyota Wish which is no longer made]

attachicon.gifProton 399,000.jpg

Does this have the 1.5 engine? I would think it would be pretty underpowered as it looks to be fairly big.

Edited by giddyup

attachicon.gifProton 399,000.jpg

Does this have the 1.5 engine? I would think it would be pretty underpowered as it looks to be fairly big.

1.6 engine..

As both Honda and Toyota stopped making Estates [the Stream and Wish] some people want an Estate and not a pickup so not a lot to choose from.