Taxi driver charged with attacking Australian tourist at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cab driver is a lying ratbag. Claims to have been fearful, begging the question why he didn't just keep driving as the Australian was behind the car and no threat. But no, he has to stop, get out and king hit. SCumbag

I don't know ,I have been coming Thailand 10 years now,never been hit or attacked by a Thai but then I don't really drink alcohol,I take all the news with a pinch of salt now

I have been attacked by drunken Thais several times, I don't drink but some Thais do as many farangs do...

Care to share your secret?

What secret?

The cab driver is a lying ratbag. Claims to have been fearful, begging the question why he didn't just keep driving as the Australian was behind the car and no threat. But no, he has to stop, get out and king hit. SCumbag

He had his wife in the cab with him, he had no alternative but to get out and hit the Farang as he'd of lost face in front of her and the other cabbies otherwise.

Never had a problem with a taxi driver here in 25 years apart from them refusing to take me occasionally but I am used to that living in London 'Sarf of the water.' But unlike London taxis are plentiful here so refusals do not matter. Here in BKK taxi drivers do a brilliant, difficult job. The system at the airport is fair and straight forward so no tourist needs to negotiate with a driver. You Never ask :'How much mate to Soi Nana'? DaveinAsia is probably Davein mum's spare room!

Can't imagine someone just getting off a plane, going outside to find a taxi and then giving the taxi a big punch.

The taxi driver is probably lying. Of course he said the farang was drunk and hit his taxi.

In cases like this the taxis should get a sticker saying; No farangs as opposed to the ridiculous sticker; I love farang. 555

TaxiSign.jpg

Ban the idiot from the airport for a year.

It went more like this;

How much mate to Soi Nana?

1000 baht.

<deleted>.

Bam

Never had a problem with a taxi driver here in 25 years apart from them refusing to take me occasionally but I am used to that living in London 'Sarf of the water.' But unlike London taxis are plentiful here so refusals do not matter. Here in BKK taxi drivers do a brilliant, difficult job. The system at the airport is fair and straight forward so no tourist needs to negotiate with a driver. You Never ask :'How much mate to Soi Nana'? DaveinAsia is probably Davein mum's spare room!

Can't imagine someone just getting off a plane, going outside to find a taxi and then giving the taxi a big punch.

The taxi driver is probably lying. Of course he said the farang was drunk and hit his taxi.

In cases like this the taxis should get a sticker saying; No farangs as opposed to the ridiculous sticker; I love farang. 555

TaxiSign.jpg

It went more like this;

1000 baht.

<deleted>.

Bam

How much mate to Soi Nana was a joke cocky. Some people never have a problem anywhere because they are invisible nobodies. Everyone their own thing. I had a problem with a taxi driver yesterday. The pr_ick was driving like a Bat out of Hell and when I asked him in a polite way in Thai to slow down he nearly bit my head off. So your theory is nonsense. I'm pretty sure 100's of farangs have some kind of stick from the taxis here on a daily basis

A source that we cannot mention said the Australian had just got out of a taxi and thought he left something in the cab. He banged on the boot of the wrong cab and said driver got out and thumped him.

Said driver is supposed to have a bit of a record with less than sociable behaviour.

I

this sounds suspiciously like the other paper, which we are not allowed to mention, has a slightly better quality of news reporting than the Nation other news sources . (again) (as usual)

Edited by bangon04

It would be nice to know the facts before apportioning blame. If the Aussie did smash his hand down on the car then he deserves a clip on the ear. Let's let the facts speak for themselves shall we.

As for the posters slagging Aussies off, I suggest that you might be hanging around in the wrong places if your opinion of Aussies is that low. You could consider frequenting classier establishments to meet some genuine nice Aussies, but on second thoughts they'd pick you for a tosser straight up and wouldn't want to know you. So best you continue drinking with similar scum to yourselves.

I suggest that you might be hanging around in the wrong places if your opinion of Aussies is that low. You could consider frequenting classier establishments to meet some genuine nice Aussies,

There are also genuinely nice Yanks, Brits and Russians but far too often, theyre overshadowed by their countrymen who tend to drink too much, become belligerent and engage in violence.

There are plenty of incidents on TV and in real life so why is that...

A source that we cannot mention said the Australian had just got out of a taxi and thought he left something in the cab. He banged on the boot of the wrong cab and said driver got out and thumped him.

Said driver is supposed to have a bit of a record with less than sociable behaviour.

I

The Bangkok Post is carrying that report also. Which is the source that we cannot mention?

The Khaosod reports that he was assaulted in front of gate 3 at the Arrivals level.

The paper (ssshh) that we can't mention reports that he was planning to depart to Australia to attend his granny's funeral. He erred in "tapping" on the wrong taxi as he thought he'd left some possession/s in the cab.

Apparently this "wreck-less" cabbie has had dealings with police in the past with overcharging and poor driving habits.

Why do posters keep saying that the BANGKOK POST cannot be mentioned, so ridiculous.

I

The Bangkok Post is carrying that report also. Which is the source that we cannot mention?

You can't quote from the Bangkok Post - read the forum rules.

few days ago , an ederly japanese tourist got heavily assaulted in chiang mai by a taxi driver...

and the thai apologist love to put the blame on foreigners!

Either the thai thugs did have a weapon either he didnt commit the assault alone.

Edited by Bender

I

You can't quote from the Bangkok Post - read the forum rules.

Just to clarify this

You can mention the Bangkok post, no problems at all but you can not quote it or link to it. Always has been the case.

TaxiSign.jpg

It went more like this;

1000 baht.

<deleted>.

Bam

He wasn't "just getting off a plane," he was trying to catch one.

"At that point the Australian was bleeding from the head wound and was sent to a hospital for stitches. He missed his midnight flight."

I

And the Australian doesn't have a record back in Australia ? Bet he does.

Claims to have been fearful

Where does he claim that or did you just make that up?

see the size of that Australian in the pics? If I was 5'6" I'd be fearful of him, especially the Australian being in a drunken rage. Perhaps not a rage but banging on cars is near enough.

Thai taxi drivers are idiots. Saw an old guy nearly get hit by a taxi that accelerated straight towards him on an empty stretch of road and stops 3 inches from his feet. Old guy (80) slaps the bonnet in anger, cabbie gets out and King hits him but a bunch of guys in a bar ran over to the defend him however piece of s### cabbie takes off..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Edited by mcfish

I don't know ,I have been coming Thailand 10 years now,never been hit or attacked by a Thai but then I don't really drink alcohol,I take all the news with a pinch of salt now

I have been attacked by drunken Thais several times, I don't drink but some Thais do as many farangs do...

Maybe you need to hone your social skills a tad?

Thai taxi drivers are idiots. Saw an old guy nearly get hit by a taxi that accelerated straight towards him on an empty stretch of road and stops 3 inches from his feet. Old guy (80) slaps the bonnet in anger, cabbie gets out and King hits him but a bunch of guys in a bar ran over to the defend him however piece of s### cabbie takes off..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

These guys flip out instantly if you touch their cab even with only the force of a falling leaf. To that guy his car means more than someone else's life. I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot the driver would have been more concerned with the taxi right?