Model reveals nightmare result of her breast enlargement surgery by uncertified doctor

webfact

Out of possibly hundreds of thousand of breast augmentation one or 2 goes wrong, it is still within the

calculated risk factors, the issue here is the responsibility of the doctors to remedy the situation, and

breast's repair job are not too hard to do to a satisfactory results... so really, Thais doctors bashings

in this case, is unnecessary....

All medical procedures carry risk - HOWEVER - this one was carried out by a doctor who had no right to carry out the procedure and then denied all responsibility.

These are unnecessary ADDED risks.

I think it is particularly characteristic of the unmonitored and unregulated system in Thailand that puts patients at unnecessary risk.

There was a case of a British woman recently who died in Bangkok whilst having a cosmetic procedure. it turned out that doctor too was unqualified to do the operation.

another factor that came out there was the number of "clinics" that use general anaesthetic without access to full emergecy facilities - this is totally unacceptable in most countries -

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happens everywhere - remember the lovely Leslie Ash and her 'trout pout' lip problem ? - http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/my-trout-pout-hell-leslie-ash-reveals-her-trauma-in-tv-documentary-6897438.html

Not an especially Thai problem, as usual.

Surprised you make that comparison - it IS a Thai problem - unlicensed practitioners carrying out procedures they aren't entitled to do and then refusing to accept responsibility for their actions - their is no efficient procedure in Thailand to deal wiuth this and no monitoring to prevent bogus practitioners and bogus practices.

I will never understand the obsession for larger breasts. These girls here are some of the most beautiful in the world. Their breasts are proportionate with their body frame and most have beautifully formed breasts. I just don't get it, western women would kill to have their breasts in most cases rather than the udders they sport around. I guess they believe that the grass truly is greener on the other side.

If this is the doctor I am thinking of ( I had surgery there with complications) he claimed to be US Board Certified and had many diplomas and certificates. Also he had already operated clinic for over 10 years.

The vast majority of doctors displaying "certificates" from US are not "claiming" to have trained or practiced there - they are showing that they attended a course on a particular topic almost certainly as a student/observer capacity. Becoming either a doctor or dentist in the States is almost impossible for foreigners.....

whether their claims are honest or you feel they are implying that they actually trained and qualified as doctors in the US is up to you to decide.

it is also worth bearing in mind that the US has one of the worst healthcare systems in the developed world... the fact that so many Thai practitioners like to associate themselves with the US system is more of a reflection of the sorry state of Thai medical training than anything else

Edited by cumgranosalum

If this is the doctor I am thinking of ( I had surgery there with complications) he claimed to be US Board Certified and had many diplomas and certificates. Also he had already operated clinic for over 10 years.

The vast majority of doctors displaying "certificates" from US are not "claiming" to have trained or practiced there - they are showing that they attended a course on a particular topic almost certainly as a student/observer capacity. Becoming either a doctor or dentist in the States is almost impossible for foreigners.....

whether their claims are honest or you feel they are implying that they actually trained and qualified as doctors in the US is up to you to decide.

it is also worth bearing in mind that the US has one of the worst healthcare systems in the developed world... the fact that so many Thai practitioners like to associate themselves with the US system is more of a reflection of the sorry state of Thai medical training than anything else

True! There are broad exclusions in many parts of the world for US qualified practitioners without undergoing what could be considered retraining.

True! There are broad exclusions in many parts of the world for US qualified practitioners without undergoing what could be considered retraining.

yet there are still many posts on this site claiming Doctors here must be wonderful because "they trained in the US" - it's not an accolade, it's a warning...