NLA closes Somsak 'unusual wealth' case today, 12 Nov

webfact

NLA closes Somsak “unusual wealth” case today

237-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Legislative Assembly (NLA) today began the closure session of the case which former education minister Somsak Prisanananthakul was accused of unusual wealth before calling a vote tomorrow whether to impeach him or not.

Somsak, the former secretary-general of the Chart Thai Pattana party, appeared at the assembly to deliver his closure speech, this morning while the accuser, the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), was allowed only to present its closure speech only in written documents.

The NACC accused Somsak of failure to declare a 16-million baht home with investigation later revealed he had no evidence to prove how he managed to get the property.

The NLA will decide the fate of Somsak tomorrow in a vote whether to sack him from the former ministership post.

He still has to face criminal charge in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders if he is impeached by the NLA tomorrow. Ruling by the Supreme Court will be final with no appeal.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nla-closes-somsak-unusual-wealth-case-today

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-12

The normal plea from people like this is "Why pick on me ? - it's not fair : everybody does it."

I've seen that argument many times on this forum : and always from those who wear the same colour shirt.

In this case I believe he blamed other officials that said he didn't need to list that 16 mil on his assets. So it wasn't his fault heheee

The normal plea from people like this is "Why pick on me ? - it's not fair : everybody does it."

I've seen that argument many times on this forum : and always from those who wear the same colour shirt.

When they go after people with different coloured shirts for the same reason then those arguments will stop. Until then it is a more than acceptable response.

In the interests of reconciliation of course. Unless you think reconciliation is a one way street.

In this case I believe he blamed other officials that said he didn't need to list that 16 mil on his assets. So it wasn't his fault heheee

And so we have a politician who should be a role model of good ethics saying 'i didn't know the law so you can't blame me'.

A perfect example of what this country needs to be rid of.

Well if he has that in an email or paper, then he's free.. Ah, yes, email. What's that. A signed document. Lost with his homework no doubt.

Well of course he is guilty, the question is will he be charged, convicted, sentenced and the

biggest question is will he spend a significant time in jail. Odds on the final question are no. coffee1.gif

And so we have a politician who should be a role model of good ethics saying 'i didn't know the law so you can't blame me'.

A perfect example of what this country needs to be rid of.

It is not unusual for those in any govt to act illegaly. Govts are forever making decisions that when tested in court are found to be illegal.

Those wearing other colour shirts have the money and the guns. It's not a complicated matter.

"...former education minister Somsak Prisanananthakul was accused of unusual wealth.."

Accusing a Thai government official of having unusual wealth is like accusing a woman of being unusually over emotional.

"....like accusing a THAI woman of being unusually over emotional."

Those wearing other colour shirts have the money and the guns. It's not a complicated matter.

You can re-furl your red flag. Other than the Army (who are supoosed to have guns) Weapons caches that have been seized by Police/Army.belong to Red shirt people/groups

As far as money goes, no need to look further than the Shinawatra clan and menbers of the Yingluck government. Your comments sound like they are coming like the last gaps of a dying supporter.