Local transportaion - Bus station to hotel

DowntownAl

I searched transportation topics and think the conversations from 2007 might be a little dated biggrin.png I am also, from what I'm gathering in this forum, a little spoiled, transportation wise that is. I lived in Chiang Mai for 3 1/2 years and with the mix of various songthaews, tuk-tuks, metered taxis, motorcycle taxis and public buses, getting around was super easy. So, my uneducated question is - How do I get from the bus station on Thappraya Rd to Lek Jomtien Hotel on Chom Thian 7? Google maps shows it to be only about 1km but, dragging a large suitcase along the sidewalk is not something this old guy likes to do a lot of. From what I've read in this forum, there are no metered taxis or tuk-tuks there and the songthaews are on specific routes. I'm sure I'll figure it out but any help offered would be appreciated, thanks. wai.gif

BTW - I will be looking for a long(ish) stay (9 months) condo in that area, any leads there would be helpful as well. I'll be hitting the streets on or about December 2nd and looking in the 8,000 to 10,000 baht bracket with the usual wi-fi – kitchenette etc. package, thanks again. wai2.gif

Walk from the bus stop on Thappraya to the street (this is about 10 yards), but dont cross the road. Do not bother with the parked bahtbuses but wave at any moving dark blue bahtbus. If it stops get on. It will drive down the hill then along Beach Road past the bottom of Soi 7 where you can get out and walk the 50 yards or so up to Lek Hotel.

Total cost: 10B per head.

You can visualise the entire route on Street View here: https://goo.gl/maps/htd7qajPbHD2

Thanks for the info. So he goes to the end of Thappraya to the beach road, I can live with that. Lazy old fart that I am, I can still walk 50 yds dragging a suitcase. In CM walking along any street anywhere dragging a suitcase will draw about a half dozen tuk-tuks and an equal number of songthaew honking their horns as they pass by. Different neighbourhood.

Edited by DowntownAl

As described in #4.

One of the easiest and cheapest transports possible.

But: its a whopping 220 m (240 yards) from Beach road to Lek Jomtien tongue.png

And motorcycle taxi(s) will likely be able to drive you and the suitcase down the Soi to the reception.

And if it be two rides.

Edited by KhunBENQ

As described in #4.

One of the easiest and cheapest transports possible.

But: its a whopping 220 m (240 yards) from Beach road to Lek Jomtien tongue.png

Yeah, I checked Google Maps and saw that. At least there are a couple of bars/restaurants I can rest in on the way. clap2.gif