Spending more doesn't guarantee better quality.

giddyup

I do not understand why they don't have online ordering and delivery. Seems to me that they would increase sales significantly.

They do, sort of: http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_TH/service-offer/delivery/index.html

Ikea delivery prices: http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_TH/pdf/service-offer/Delivery_rates_upcountry.pdf

Yes, they have a delivery service - a rather pricey one - but you still can't order and pay online and have an item delivered as you can with IKEA in some other countries.

I hope Pattaya gets an Ikea eventually, otherwise it's a bit of a hike just to buy an office chair.

I drove there for a chair and on another occasion for a mattress. I dont regret either trip.

It doesnt take very long and almost the entire journey is on motorway or the elevated express road.

And you can have some great Swedish meatballs! LOL

I'll say!

I had free coffee on arrival (member card), a discount on my meal (smoked salmon salad and those meatballs you mention), and more free coffee with my meal. And I stocked up on cheap chocolate (three 100g bars for 100B) and various cheap crisp-breads and some other Swedish goodies (not so cheap but very nice) in their grocery store downstairs. If I lived nearby I would probably be in there several times a week.

For anyone who doesnt fancy the Ikea cafeteria there are loads of food shops in the same mall (Mega Bangna), many of which are chains that I think have no branches in Pattaya and so are something new and different to try.

They also have an ice skating rink.

I hope Pattaya gets an Ikea eventually, otherwise it's a bit of a hike just to buy an office chair.

I drove there for a chair and on another occasion for a mattress. I dont regret either trip.

It doesnt take very long and almost the entire journey is on motorway or the elevated express road.

Ever wondered why they have no horses at Ikea? biggrin.png