Best Hotel You Stayed In Thailand ?

Scenium11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Whoever stayed at the Dusit Thani and rated it is mad in my opinion. I stayed one night in July and while the room was nice, the balcony was tictchy and the room was smelly. The staff were horrid and the breakfast was so so. However, I would concede that it takes all sorts. :o

Rayavadee Krabi also gets my vote. Absolutely stunning location and lovely villa style accomodation. Not cheap. Very not cheap!

At a (slightly) lower budget the Sofitel Hua Hin is very nice.

On the east side of the Gulf, I prefer the Montien Pattaya. Not the newest place but good rates and excellent service.

Bangkok: The Oriental, although it's not the last word in hotels as some think. The Mandarin Oriental in HK knocks BKK's one for six (and is the one which keeps winning the awards). For business however I'd choose either the Conrad or the Sheraton Grande Sukhamvit.

Love Kirimaya in Khao Yai. Stayed there I think 4 times so far, but they still need to do a bit of polishing regarding staff. Oh, and their Christmas dinner last year was brave but...

Chiang Mai: The Four Seasons. Simply awesome. At $500 a night in Thailand I'd hope so, but it still blew me away.

Of the lot, the FS gets my vote.

Bangkok: The Oriental, although it's not the last word in hotels as some think. The Mandarin Oriental in HK knocks BKK's one for six (and is the one which keeps winning the awards). For business however I'd choose either the Conrad or the Sheraton Grande Sukhamvit.

Love Kirimaya in Khao Yai. Stayed there I think 4 times so far, but they still need to do a bit of polishing regarding staff. Oh, and their Christmas dinner last year was brave but...

Chiang Mai: The Four Seasons. Simply awesome. At $500 a night in Thailand I'd hope so, but it still blew me away.

Of the lot, the FS gets my vote.

Sorry, you are mistaken.

The Oriental in Bangkok is the one that has been winning the awards for decades....... google it if you don't believe it!

I was coming here for a holiday a few years back. May mate booked me into " The Hotel 27" in Sukumvit soi 22, at his expense. You would have to try it yourselves as words cannot possibly convey the experience!!

Where is this hotel at? I've been down that soi many times, and have stayed at a few of the hotels there but never saw any "Hotel 27" there. There was a hotel named Park Avenue @ 22, which has since changed it's name to Grand Mercure Park Avenue, but that is by no means a high-class hotel.

Soju, the Hotel 27 is on a sub soi of soi 22. Its on the left hand side, if you are coming in fron the sukumvit road end. I think its the first soi after the entrance to Washington square, pretty much opposite queens park entertainment plaza. At the cery bottom of the said sub soi. There may even be a sign for it at the start of the sub soi. Definitely in a league of its own, tho p'raps not in the same league a the Oriental or Landmark. :o

Century Park Hotel not that great huh? That's where I was planning on staying come February. The price looked good and the pictures I seen of it on their website looked nice. It's not the Peninsula or some of the other upper scale hotels listed, but I may still go with it.

What types of problems with Century Park Hotel? anything specific??? Just curious as I plan on staying there next March.

BKK Peninsula nicest but best value Siam City , Century Park Hotel ok but needs maintenance and refurbishment.

Phuket Twin Palms, Kata thani,

Am I the only one who actually dislikes fancy hotels? Give me a small family run hotel anytime. My favorite are actually more of a guest house type than a hotel. Clean, nice rooms, good hot water pressure, good air con and cable TV. Everyone knows your name and you feel like you are valuable.

Am I the only one who actually dislikes fancy hotels? Give me a small family run hotel anytime. My favorite are actually more of a guest house type than a hotel. Clean, nice rooms, good hot water pressure, good air con and cable TV. Everyone knows your name and you feel like you are valuable.

I also hate big flashy hotels

Reflections in Ari BK is good - although the rooms are starting to get little bit run down

mav,gary a in which case you must try the hotel 27............. :o

I am actually familiar with the Hotel 27. I lived in Washington Square for a couple of years.Hotel 27 is really a short time place that happens to be far enough back the soi that it is possible to sneak in and not be seen. A down on his luck friend of mine stayed there for a while until he found a little better place in his price range. I wouldn't call it a nice little guest house. :D