What can I do with a motorbike with no green book?

Tapster

The story isn't over yet.

I'm currently trying to get in touch with the elusive owner to see whether I can get the key and green book. That would be first prize.

If I can't contact him I'll be getting a key made, having a look under the seat and going from there.

smile.png

If I can find the guy I hope I can get a copy of his ID and visa and get him to sign the relevant motor department papers, and a transfer will be possible.

We'll see.

No pic, it's under a tarp and we've got the builders and painters in.

It's an old Honda Forza; apparently a weird 400cc import from Japan................if the original owner is to be believed!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/17/2015 at 6:57 PM, Faz said:

I would also go to the Police and get a report.

Tell them the farang has left Thailand, left you the bike, but no ID or logbook.

With a Police report the DLT should issue a new book, in your name.

You can then sell it legally and get the best price.

Is this true?
I have been wondering, as it is something I used to do fairly often in the States. As a part time wrecker operator I would get called for removal of abandoned vehicles. There were a couple of ways it was done, but usually post an advert in a local paper, and after a specified period with owner no show you could register a title (same as Thai Greenbook) in your own name, and then either register for road use or sell it.
I have done so in CT and AZ. The procedure is not much in evidence here in Thailand.