New canopy walkway launched in Chiang Mai

webfact

New canopy walkway launched in Chiang Mai

CHIANG MAI, 17 November 2015 (NNT) - The Botanical Garden Organization is ready to launch a canopy walkway at Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden in Chiang Mai province.

The Botanical Garden Organization Director General Pramook Pensut has revealed that the canopy walkway will be the longest one ever built in Thailand.

Fifty million baht has been spent on building the wooden walkway, which is 400 meters long and 20 meters high. Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden is located in Mae Rim district.

Hailed as one of the most beautiful walkways in Thailand, visitors can get a bird's-eye view of the garden from the tree tops.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-11-17 footer_n.gif

The Trang one is in steel , much better than rotting wood. (and the Trang one was (is?) free , CM will be farang pricing again).

A timber walkway blends in better than steel. Just need to have treated wood and you have rot free lifetime.

Sure , but for a high walkway , I prefer steel .

I wanted to post a pic of the Trang one , but no options on this post for pics.

50M THB for a walkway.

Boy, what we could do in our village with that amount of money. Wow.

But, walkways must be very important in Thailand, and rural farming communities are, well, just poor folk. Bad karma brought them to this life of toil...so sad too bad.

The Trang one is in steel , much better than rotting wood. (and the Trang one was (is?) free , CM will be farang pricing again).

Not if you show your driving licence. You will get Thai entrance prices. I did.

When was that ?

When was that ?[/quote

About 6 months ago. Need to be proactive and say live here not tourist.

When was that ?[/quote

About 6 months ago. Need to be proactive and say live here not tourist.

How is that possible when they will open the canopy officially next month? Next time try to make up a better story. For all others you can find the info in the newspaper that can't be quoted here.

• 2 weeks later...