British Ambassador Mark Kent to headline Phuket business seminar

webfact

British Ambassador Mark Kent to headline Phuket business seminar
The Phuket News

1447741613_1-org.jpg
British Ambassador H.E. Mark Kent will be the headline guest speaker at the British Chamber of Commerce of Thailand (BCCT) business dinner titled 'Meet the Ambassadors' this Sunday (Nov 22). Photo: British Embassy Bangkok

PHUKET: -- British Ambassador H.E. Mark Kent will be the headline guest speaker at the British Chamber of Commerce of Thailand (BCCT) business dinner titled “Meet the Ambassadors” this Sunday (Nov 22).

The event, originally scheduled to be held on Monday (Nov 23), was brought forward due to a “scheduling difficulties” that has arisen in Ambassador Kent’s calendar.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-ambassador-mark-kent-to-headline-phuket-business-seminar-55010.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-17

Can some of you British people please tell me what "H E" designates as part of this man's name ?

Perhaps they relate to his other Christian names ?

British Ambassador H.E. Mark Kent

All ambassadors have the prefix H.E. irrespective of the country they represent.

H.E. His Excellency.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

Can some of you British people please tell me what "H E" designates as part of this man's name ?

Perhaps they relate to his other Christian names ?

British Ambassador H.E. Mark Kent

Not something confined to the British

1) An ambassador of the United States is addressed by US citizens as:

The Honorable (full name)

The Ambassador of the United States of America

(Address)

The form -- the Honorable -- is used because US citizens formally address their own officials as the Honorable (Full Name).

2) Any foreign ambassador is addressed as:

His/Her Excellency (full name)

The Ambassador of (official name of country)

(Address)

Form #2 is standard around the world for addressing ambassadors.

Most of the my fellow countrymen I know who have met him think that Mr Kent is ok. Always there in Kanchanaburi on 11/11. Any embassy represents its government abroad. It's not there just for the benefit of druggies who get caught, or backpackers who run out of money.

Perhaps he can spruik the benefits of "Doing business in Thailand or owning property" where you too, with lots of patience and false hope can lose your life savings to a bunch of lying dogs, grovelling worms and cronies.

I also thought this would be a conflict of interests.