French tourist drowns in carp pond in Chiang Mai

webfact

French tourist drowns in carp pond in Chiang Mai
The Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- A 40-year-old French tourist was found dead in a carp pond in Chiang Mai after he fell from his room at a guesthouse in Chiang Mai's Mueang district Tuesday.

Police said the body of Laine Yoran was found in the pond at 6:40 am by a keeper of the guesthouse. He was found lying facedown in the pond.

Prakarn Thakrachiang, 45, another keeper of the guesthouse, told police that the tourist checked in on October 30.

Chiang Mai police chief Pol Maj Gen Montree Samboonyanon said the tourist might be drunk and accidentally fall from the balcony of his room to the pond below.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/French-tourist-drowns-in-carp-pond-in-Chiang-Mai-30273114.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-17

I have seldomn see a pool directly below a balcony of any commercial residence in real world building plans that needed approval by city, provience, etc inspectors. The deceased might have tried to jump into the pool , might have been drunk as police mention, but to set on balony and fall straight down into a pool may bring a question or two into the real report.

Police Rule Out Foul Play in Frenchman’s Fatal Fall
Teeranai Charuvastra

14477556521447755972l.jpg
A French national was discovered floating in a pool of fish this morning three floors below the room he was staying at an apartment building in Chiang Mai.

CHIANG MAI — Murder has been eliminated by police as a factor in the case of a French national who fell from a balcony and died in Chiang Mai province last night.

The 40-year-old man’s body was found floating at about 7am this morning in a fish pool at his apartment building, where investigators believe he accidentally fell from the balcony of his third-floor room.

“We don’t think [it’s murder], because there was nothing signifying murder. There was no sign of struggle in his room,” said Lt. Col. Somyot Wangwiang of the Chang Puak Police Station, who inspected the scene.

The victim was identified as a French citizen who entered Thailand on a tourist visa and had been staying at the apartment since Oct. 30. Khaosod English is withholding his identity until his next of kin has been notified.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1447755652

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-11-17

I wonder if they count how many metres away a pool is from a direct fall from a balcony, when they come to these conclusions so quickly, if it is directly below the balcony , then fair enough , if it is some distance then, there is surely grounds for suspicion in many cases . There sure seems to be a lot of the same type of deaths.

May you rest in peace , sadly another French life gone in so few a days.

French Tourist Falls to Death says Police
by CityNews

IMG_2181.jpg

CityNews – On the morning of November 11th, the body of a French man was found lying in a fish pond in front of a guesthouse on Santisuk Road of Chang Phuak sub-district.

The body with injuries on the head and back was identified as 40-year-old Laine Yoran and was taken for an autopsy.

According to police, Yoran had rented a room in the guesthouse since October 30th. He had also registered for a Thai-style massage class.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/french-tourist-falls-to-death-says-police/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2015-11-18

The two 'gentlemen' carrying the body seem to find something rather amusing about the situation. What is Thai for empathy?

They were probably musing on their next facebook post about a frog found dead in a pond.....

I'll get my coat, cloak, croak.....

It would be sad if he drunkenly attempted to dive into the carp pond. Perhaps he had watched one too many episodes of Jackass. Not out of the question. RIP. Try swimming pools in your next life.

French Tourist Falls to Death says Police

by CityNews

IMG_2181.jpg

CityNews – On the morning of November 11th, the body of a French man was found lying in a fish pond in front of a guesthouse on Santisuk Road of Chang Phuak sub-district.

The body with injuries on the head and back was identified as 40-year-old Laine Yoran and was taken for an autopsy.

According to police, Yoran had rented a room in the guesthouse since October 30th. He had also registered for a Thai-style massage class.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/french-tourist-falls-to-death-says-police/

cn.png

-- Chiang City News 2015-11-18

The two dudes hauling the body away seem pretty amused. I'd love to be in on the joke.

The two 'gentlemen' carrying the body seem to find something rather amusing about the situation. What is Thai for empathy?

farang ngoo! <just kidding> I think the closest you get is sympathy. Empathy?402.gif Not sure it's in their vocabulary. Out of three dictionaries I have I couldn't find a direct translation. Might have to ask a Thai. If they can't understand the word 'empathy' then you have your answer. ermm.gif

Edited by connda