The Bain of Pigeons

skippybangkok

Wake up every morning to gruuuh gruuuuuuuh gruuuh gruuuuuuuh........ @#%@#^@ pigeons. Love my house, looking around the village, most are pigeon free.

put up nets to stop them hiding from the rain under the roof, kind works, but love to come back on a sunny day. about 10 of them.......

Anyway.... how to get rid of them ?

I don't mid birds, but these things shit everywhere, really bad mess everywhere.

Thanks

1. Pre-heat oven to 450°F.

Beat together 1 stick of butter, shallots, thyme leaves, lemon zest, sea salt and several grinds of freshly ground pepper in a mixing bowl until smooth. Divide into 4 portions.

Using a couple of fingers, carefully loosen each pigeon skin attached to the breast and legs, then work in 1 portion of the butter mixture, spreading it over the breast meat and in between the legs. Stuff the pigeon's cavity with a thyme sprig, tie its legs together with kitchen string. Sprinkle the salt and more pepper over the pigeon.

1. Heat 3 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until the foam subsides. Brown the pigeon on all sides, then transfer to a roasting pan, and roast 15-20 minutes. Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the breast without touching bone. At 145°F, remove the pigeon from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving. (If the temperature is not at 145°F, continue to roast 5 minutes)

air riffle,,,,ive just got a new one as my racing pigeons atract the odd one from the temple, so it has tohave a pellet,

other then that, you can buy them plastic snakes, they sell them in our local 20bht shop, get a couple of themon the roof were hey wat to roost,

jake

air riffle,,,,ive just got a new one as my racing pigeons atract the odd one from the temple, so it has tohave a pellet,

other then that, you can buy them plastic snakes, they sell them in our local 20bht shop, get a couple of themon the roof were hey wat to roost,

jake

love the snakes too.......

Earlier this year I bought a property to do up in Patras (Greece), and it had a major pigeon problem. They would roost on the roof in their hundreds and shit and shed feathers all over the balcony. It was a nightmare. The drain holes from the balcony would block and the balcony flood, which in turn meant that the water came in through the balcony doors into the living room (it's a house divided into two apartments - one up, one down). A major problem as we're not there all the time - we go there for about a week or so every month so I can do some work on the place. After doing a bit of research on the internet, and having read that fake owls and hawks only work until they realise that they don't move, I opted for pigeon spikes, which I ordered from UK:

http://www.birdspikesonline.co.uk/Bird-Spikes/default.aspx

I got the acrylic ones. Not cheap, but I was getting desperate!

I put them on the roof when we were down there a couple of weeks ago, and they worked like magic! No more crap and feathers on the balcony, so no daily clean up. They swoop down towards the roof en masse, and then do a rapid banking maneuver as they realise they can't land there anymore. It's a joy to behold! clap2.gif Not sure if they make them in LOS, but it's worth looking, because they sure as hell work!

Edited by nisakiman

Ive noticed a massive increase in pigeons at many places now in Thailand, i suspect the stupid locals are feeding them.

They are filthy animals and breed like crazy, feral pigeons.

Ib the Uk I once had to replace some fascia on a house the pigeon shit was a foot deep thru the entire length of 60 feet

I used to shoot them with my air rifle, sadly Thailand doesnt allow lead pellet firing guns easily but this is a fast sure fire way to get rid of them and with a scope perfectly humane.

The mayor of London was very worried about a plague of pigeons in the City Centre.

He could not remove the pigeons from the city. All of London was full of pigeon poop, the people of London could not walk on the pavements, or drive on the roads.

It was costing a fortune to keep the streets and pavements clean.

One day a man came to the Town Hall and offered the mayor a proposition.

"I can rid your beautiful city of its plague of pigeons without any cost to the city. But, you must promise not to ask me any questions. Or, you can pay me one million pounds to ask one question."

The mayor considered the offer briefly and accepted the free proposition. The next day the man climbed to the top of the Nelson's Column, opened his coat, and released a blue pigeon. The blue pigeon circled in the air and flew up into the bright blue London sky.

All the pigeons in London saw the blue pigeon and gathered up in the air behind the bird. The London pigeons followed the blue pigeon as she flew eastwards out of the city.

The next day the blue pigeon returned completely alone to the man on top of Nelson's Column.

The mayor was very impressed. He felt the man and the blue pigeon had performed a wonderful miraculous service to rid London of the plague of pigeons. Even though the man with the pigeon had charged nothing, the mayor presented him with a cheque for 1 million pounds and told the man that, indeed, he did have a question to ask and even though they had agreed to no fee and the man had rid the city of pigeons, he decided to pay the 1 million just to get to ask one question.

The man accepted the money and told the mayor to ask his single question.

The mayor asked, "Do you have a blue M*****?

Earlier this year I bought a property to do up in Patras (Greece), and it had a major pigeon problem. They would roost on the roof in their hundreds and shit and shed feathers all over the balcony. It was a nightmare. The drain holes from the balcony would block and the balcony flood, which in turn meant that the water came in through the balcony doors into the living room (it's a house divided into two apartments - one up, one down). A major problem as we're not there all the time - we go there for about a week or so every month so I can do some work on the place. After doing a bit of research on the internet, and having read that fake owls and hawks only work until they realise that they don't move, I opted for pigeon spikes, which I ordered from UK:

http://www.birdspikesonline.co.uk/Bird-Spikes/default.aspx

I got the acrylic ones. Not cheap, but I was getting desperate!

I put them on the roof when we were down there a couple of weeks ago, and they worked like magic! No more crap and feathers on the balcony, so no daily clean up. They swoop down towards the roof en masse, and then do a rapid banking maneuver as they realise they can't land there anymore. It's a joy to behold! clap2.gif Not sure if they make them in LOS, but it's worth looking, because they sure as hell work!

any ideas on what to do on the telephone wire birds. I must admit currently telephone wires ( and assortment of other cables) could probably support weight of average adult, I did see one up their the other day, I am currently weakening the other wires with cuts to them in the hope it all falls down and they replace it with a single wire.

either way the birds sit on the wire and shit on the washing, the wife told me I would probably get arrested if I used her firearm.

1. Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
  2. Beat together 1 stick of butter, shallots, thyme leaves, lemon zest, sea salt and several grinds of freshly ground pepper in a mixing bowl until smooth. Divide into 4 portions.
  3. Using a couple of fingers, carefully loosen each pigeon skin attached to the breast and legs, then work in 1 portion of the butter mixture, spreading it over the breast meat and in between the legs. Stuff the pigeon's cavity with a thyme sprig, tie its legs together with kitchen string. Sprinkle the salt and more pepper over the pigeon.
  1. Heat 3 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until the foam subsides. Brown the pigeon on all sides, then transfer to a roasting pan, and roast 15-20 minutes. Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the breast without touching bone. At 145°F, remove the pigeon from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving. (If the temperature is not at 145°F, continue to roast 5 minutes)

Fantastic,.... absolutely fantastic,..... best reply I ever seen to a post, had been considering giving up TV but you have changed my mind.

By the way, the owner of the pigeons might not agree with your solution, sound like "homing" ones to me.

My own dad used to go shooting pigeons and present them at the dining table. Not into killing any animal myself, or locking them up, although I do like to snack on them.

God Bless you Sir.... (or Madam).

We had the same problem at our old house, wife got one of those plastic firing BB gas guns, took about three days but they got th message, started roosting on the house about 3 doors down.

That passed through my head

Sling shots and wrist rockets aplenty where I live. The owls won't work. The rubber snake might. Less lethal too. I had a nest full of tiny black birds that were no bigger than cigarette lighters. For six months they would wake up at six and make a piercing "chirp chirp chirp" sound but imagine it in 100 chirp sets with a single breath in between for 3 or more hours. I bought a slingshot and waited for a week debating killing these otherwise harmless birds. When I finally was pulling my hair out in chunks, I pulled out my slingshot, loaded a round stone up, pulled back on the elastic and fired.....right through my neighbors kitchen window. The birds moved out a week later and opened a gai yang stand down the road. TIT

Ive noticed a massive increase in pigeons at many places now in Thailand, i suspect the stupid locals are feeding them.

They are filthy animals and breed like crazy, feral pigeons.

Ib the Uk I once had to replace some fascia on a house the pigeon shit was a foot deep thru the entire length of 60 feet

I used to shoot them with my air rifle, sadly Thailand doesnt allow lead pellet firing guns easily but this is a fast sure fire way to get rid of them and with a scope perfectly humane.

I passed a woman feeding them in Sanam Luang once. A giant, toothy grin on her face. A grin of delighted idiocy.

The mayor of London was very worried about a plague of pigeons in the City Centre.

He could not remove the pigeons from the city. All of London was full of pigeon poop, the people of London could not walk on the pavements, or drive on the roads.

It was costing a fortune to keep the streets and pavements clean.

One day a man came to the Town Hall and offered the mayor a proposition.

"I can rid your beautiful city of its plague of pigeons without any cost to the city. But, you must promise not to ask me any questions. Or, you can pay me one million pounds to ask one question."

The mayor considered the offer briefly and accepted the free proposition. The next day the man climbed to the top of the Nelson's Column, opened his coat, and released a blue pigeon. The blue pigeon circled in the air and flew up into the bright blue London sky.

All the pigeons in London saw the blue pigeon and gathered up in the air behind the bird. The London pigeons followed the blue pigeon as she flew eastwards out of the city.

The next day the blue pigeon returned completely alone to the man on top of Nelson's Column.

The mayor was very impressed. He felt the man and the blue pigeon had performed a wonderful miraculous service to rid London of the plague of pigeons. Even though the man with the pigeon had charged nothing, the mayor presented him with a cheque for 1 million pounds and told the man that, indeed, he did have a question to ask and even though they had agreed to no fee and the man had rid the city of pigeons, he decided to pay the 1 million just to get to ask one question.

The man accepted the money and told the mayor to ask his single question.

The mayor asked, "Do you have a blue M*****?

Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo need too