New Ducati Scrambler Sixty2

JayRider

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

think he means financially ,however the ducatis of today are pretty reliable unlike the ones in years gone by.plus if you buy new have warranty so no matter if it breaks.

You are joking right a friend's Multistrada spent most of a year in the shop for them to figure out the problem, if you cannot ride it what is the point of a warranty. Italian engineering ride it 10 miles 10 days in the shop

9700 kms trouble free on my 899 so far. Done the lot. Touring up North, track days, Bangkok city riding etc. Couldn't be happier with it.

IMG_0466_zpsomhlmkiq.jpg

• 1 month later...

They sleeved down the 803cc engine to 400cc?

A 400CC scrambler needs to be lightweight, one cylinder & off road suspension. no?

Well, no.

Obviously not.

Thinking these bikes are mainly to look cool, rather than to ride dirt.

[but if you are looking for a bike "to storm a French castle"[???] or a "fun, charismatic bike" for only ~$10,000...]

Edited by papa al

^

think he means financially ,however the ducatis of today are pretty reliable unlike the ones in years gone by.plus if you buy new have warranty so no matter if it breaks.

You are joking right a friend's Multistrada spent most of a year in the shop for them to figure out the problem, if you cannot ride it what is the point of a warranty. Italian engineering ride it 10 miles 10 days in the shop

He is based in Pattaya, right? Problem there is not the bikes, but the mechanics. They have no clue what so ever. Break more than they fix. Even a tire change they messed up. Gave me bike back without working breaks.

Started doing service in Bangkok. Not perfect, but miles better. I can finally use my bike. Can't be bothered to tell all of the cockups done by Ducati Pattaya. But believe me, you will not believe me if I told you ;)

WB

^

He is based in Pattaya, right? Problem there is not the bikes, but the mechanics. They have no clue what so ever. Break more than they fix. Even a tire change they messed up. Gave me bike back without working breaks.

Started doing service in Bangkok. Not perfect, but miles better. I can finally use my bike. Can't be bothered to tell all of the cockups done by Ducati Pattaya. But believe me, you will not believe me if I told you wink.png

WB

Pattaya mechanics almost destroyed my scooter after just a tire repair!

6 bolts were missing and 2 were cross threaded & stripped.

Only one bolt, was holding on the swingarm and it had backed out. Just 2 or 3 threads keeping the rear wheel on! Could've killed me!

Muffler bolts stripped, radiator cover missing. and they insisted a 20amp fuse is OK to put into a 10amp slot!

Don't let morons near your Ducati.

Same Duck CNX. Million baht Multistrada broke down in Laos, had to truck it to the border, cross and find a Thai pickup, truck it to the dealer. Sensor gone. Took over a month to get - it was the size of a matchbox. Unbelievable. Not the bike for this country, too bad too as I would buy one.

My Scrambler spent 3.5 months out of the 12 months that I had it waiting for repairs. The mechanics of Ducati Phuket were not able to diagnose and fix a worn out clutch plate and had to wait for a mechanic from BKK to come even though I told them what exactly the problem is because other owners reported this issue on the Scrambler forums! Took all in all about 5 weeks to fix this time. Not only pisses this off customers but Ducati is wasting their own time and money too...

Ducati revoked the license of the Phuket dealer and now a new owner is taking over and building a new showroom. Lets see how that goes but it's pretty insane how unreliable the bikes are and on top how bad the mechanics are. From all I heard, the only proper mechanics seem to be in BKK.

• 3 weeks later...