Resident Protest at Waterless Village in North Pattaya gets result

webfact

Resident Protest at Waterless Village in North Pattaya gets result

meet-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Following years of not receiving a government water supply at a Village in North Pattaya, residents made a final protest to the local Mayor and the Army and their pressure appears to have paid off.

A meeting of angry residents took place at the Suksiri Village in the Takiendier area on the Northern outskirts of Pattaya on Tuesday afternoon, attended by the local Mayor, the Army and a senior manager from the East Water Company.

The lack of water at the village appears to be due to poor construction methods used when the village was first built which allowed for no access to a government water supply and the only way this could change is if major alterations to the infrastructure to the village would take place.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219139/resident-protest-at-waterless-village-in-north-pattaya-gets-result/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-18

Good luck. We've been on the village water supply ever since the village was built. Our sois were recently resurfaced (awesome) but of course, less than 2 months (last August) later they were cutting up the sois to install "government water". The security guy gave me note about how everyone had to go to the Water Office to sign up or they wouldn't get connected.

Being the diligent kind of guy I am, I immediately went there. Imagine my surprise when no one knew what I was talking about ! I showed them the piece of paper everyone in my village had been given explaining what they had to do. After about 15 minutes of different people running back and forth from offices in the back, one woman finally explained that we didn't have to sign up until December. In September the village had a meeting about the fees we were paying and the water system (work on which seemed to have stalled after they had cut trenches along the sides of our newly resurfaced roads).

Now it is just past mid-November and it looks like they've put some pipes in, dumped some gravel here and there, and there are still main pipes waiting to be installed along the main soi (plus the piles of dirt, asphalt and concrete they dug up). Talked to the guy at the gate and he seems to think it'll be another 2 months (or more) before they are finished. So about 6 months to do a job that should have taken a week. I've asked people around here about the pace of the construction. About how the workers show up one day, put in a few hours work, then disappear for 5-6 days. Maybe they are working on 5-6 other projects at the same time and just spend 1 day a week at each site ? No one seems to know.

Yes, I'd say that it would be very optimistic thinking for that village in North Pattaya to get their water in 90 days.

Don't you know yet that the people don't like to finish what they started.

Look at any road construction site.

In Europe you would fix a road per section of 1 kilometer.and finish that the same day.

In Thailand they start breaking up the roads on a lenght of minimum 20 kilometers.and finish in 2 year !

Not very efficient.

So planning permission was given without there being provision or any water supply on the plans, and all these people went ahead and bought their houses without a water supply, put up with the situation for years and years, and now can't afford to have it put in themselves and want it done for free.