Bangkok Is Voted Best City In Asia

Jai Dee

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hongkong, Singapore........................

Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul

http://www.lastminute.com/site/find/World/...an--Flight.html

http://www.lastminute.com/site/find/World/...ng--Flight.html

Let us know when you are leaving and we will wave you ff :D You can wave goodbye to us, to fun, to an easygoing life, affordability, smiling faces.. :D:D:D:D:D

I didn't include Seoul as I wouldn't wish that on anybody and you were either joking or are still out on the town from saturday night. Its the least fun one can have on earth... In Asia anyway. Thats why they come here in droves. :o

http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html

Asia

Three of the world's ten costliest cities are in Asia, with Seoul moving up from 5th to second place. While Tokyo has lost its title of the world most expensive city because of currency fluctuations between the Japanese Yen and the US dollar, it still ranks highly and takes third place. Hong Kong is in 4th position.

PS George. Can we have a forum on why some expats go to great lengths to live here, then whinge all the time.

Edited by Steph1012

Hongkong, Singapore........................

Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul

http://www.lastminute.com/site/find/World/...an--Flight.html

http://www.lastminute.com/site/find/World/...ng--Flight.html

Let us know when you are leaving and we will wave you ff :D You can wave goodbye to us, to fun, to an easygoing life, affordability, smiling faces..

I didn't include Seoul as I wouldn't wish that on anybody and you were either joking or are still out on the town from saturday night. Its the least fun one can have on earth... In Asia anyway. Thats why they come here in droves. :D

http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html

Asia

Three of the world's ten costliest cities are in Asia, with Seoul moving up from 5th to second place. While Tokyo has lost its title of the world most expensive city because of currency fluctuations between the Japanese Yen and the US dollar, it still ranks highly and takes third place. Hong Kong is in 4th position.

PS George. Can we have a forum on why some expats go to great lengths to live here, then whinge all the time.

yes, good idea my friend , :D

how pathetic are they, as los dont need them and we all wish they would just pack there bags and run back home to there mummy's place.

problem is that there losers who most probly cant leave for various reasons so choose to stick the knife into los and whinge about the place.

whats there point anyway. ? :o

to all you people that dont like los please leave A.S.A.P. as we dont want you here. :D

by by naughty people, but happy people are always welcome here in los. :D:D

next bus out of town leaves in 30 minuters so get packing unhappy punters. :D

BKK is definately one of the best in asia, I been to Tokyo, Seoul and Singapore and its definately better then them. But I guess it depends what you like, as to night life BKK kills them, probaly followed by Tokyo

Bangkok IS the best city in the world. The Thais are the best people in the world.

I agree 100%, very well said Steph.

I also agree, but many just cant handle any positive news about Thailand :o

Spend some time in Moscow, then come back and tell me Bkk is the best city in the world. [still a bloody good place mind.]

Bangkok IS the best city in the world. The Thais are the best people in the world.

I also agree, but many just cant handle any positive news about Thailand :o

Spend some time in Moscow, then come back and tell me Bkk is the best city in the world. [still a bloody good place mind.]

Why would anyone want to go to Moscow :D

What I want to know is - who is doing the voting? The tourist companies?

Take out the girls from Bangkok and you have a dirty shack ridden city full of rats (both human or otherwise), a klong that is so pure (because water that has been through so many kidneys couldn't be anything else) and smells that literally takes your breath away!

Having said that, I wouldn't be anywhere else as I personally love Thailand (<-- my Thai wife made me write that bit) :D

Like all places it can get frustrating sometimes but when I think to how bad the French can be (the French tourist minister once said that France is a beautiful country but is spoiled by the attitude of the French people) I often wonder how long he stayed in his job after that remark :o

Edited by Casanundra

I also agree, but many just cant handle any positive news about Thailand :D

cricky's baboon, :D

you sure you aint got rabies my friend. ? :o

frigging freezing cold moscow, best city in the bleeding world. ?

people dying of poverty and hunger corruption light years ahead of los. :D

jes--us baboon,

its all yours mate, :D

and off you go back to the zoo before i tell the keepers you broken out. :D

only kidding friend, jokes just jokes ok.

cheers :D

Take out the girls from Bangkok and you have a dirty shack ridden city full of rats (both human or otherwise), a klong that is so pure (because water that has been through so many kidneys couldn't be anything else) and smells that literally takes your breath away!

Having said that, I wouldn't be anywhere else as I personally love Thailand (<-- my Thai wife made me write that bit) :D

Like all places it can get frustrating sometimes but when I think to how bad the French can be (the French tourist minister once said that France is a beautiful country but is spoiled by the attitude of the French people) I often wonder how long he stayed in his job after that remark :o

If I had no kids, no need of a job, and no expenses other than living here and the odd trip back to Europe, then Bangkok probably would be one of the best cities in Asia.

As I have several children, require a job to keep my Thai wife in the manner to which she has become accustomed (i.e. living on several times the average Thai wage), a mortgage in the UK and large amounts of school fees to pay, I can see very few reasons why Bangkok would be voted best city in Asia.

What are the criteria?

- Air Quality?

- Average commute time/distance to work? (It took me over 4.5 hours to get back to Sathorn from Ayudhaya on Monday night!)

- School availability?

- Family facilities? (Dreamworld?)

- Infant mortality?

- Average wage?

- Shopping basket of goods as proportion of wage?

I like Bangkok, but I like it more as a place to visit than a place to live and work. In Asia though, I'm not sure where else I'd like to live... :D

If I had no kids, no need of a job, and no expenses other than living here and the odd trip back to Europe, then Bangkok probably would be one of the best cities in Asia.

As I have several children, require a job to keep my Thai wife in the manner to which she has become accustomed (i.e. living on several times the average Thai wage), a mortgage in the UK and large amounts of school fees to pay, I can see very few reasons why Bangkok would be voted best city in Asia.

What are the criteria?

- Air Quality?

- Average commute time/distance to work? (It took me over 4.5 hours to get back to Sathorn from Ayudhaya on Monday night!)

- School availability?

- Family facilities? (Dreamworld?)

- Infant mortality?

- Average wage?

- Shopping basket of goods as proportion of wage?

I like Bangkok, but I like it more as a place to visit than a place to live and work. In Asia though, I'm not sure where else I'd like to live... :D

and 200 points to you my learned friend as you have nailed it in one. :D

depends on ones situation as to whether los is the top spot.

but i agree,

if you had a family trying to put them through international school, the old los would not be too flash as the costs involved would be horrendous unless the company was paying. :D

What I want to know is - who is doing the voting?

Some guys probably were giving out 500Bt in front of Internet cafés if you voted for Bangkok. It will be interesting to see where it places next year, now that corruption has ended...LOL

Edited by lukamar

It's easy to see how Bonking bangers can be similar to Venice because they are currently both waterlogged, they are slowly stinking and both places have strange odours... oh and the local people use the water around them as a sewage pit.

So yup in those regards Bangkok is the same as venice

Bangkok one of the best cities in the world !!!! HA HA

What would you have left if you took the following away from Bangkok ???

250 Baht massages

Beautiful girls everywhere

100 Baht dinners

Cheap taxi rides

Air pollution

Great inexpensive shopping

Naked dancing girls in the clubs

Interesting Thai culture

Noise pollution

A religion that practices moderation

Ladyboys that can dance and sing

River dinner cruises for a few hundred Baht

A Skytrain that can quickly get you all over town

Wonderful Lumphini Park

Night skyline along the Chao Phraya River

Streets packed with people until 2 in the morning

Food stands on every sidewalk

The answer is just another beautiful boring city !

I think all of Bangkok's eccentricities and downfalls are the exact things that make it the unique, wonderful , exciting and vibrant city that it is now. In my opinion, Bangkok is definitely one of the best major cities in Asia and it is definitely my favorite.. (however I could do without the air pollution ! :o )

Edited by jetjock

I dont think the average American would be able to tell you much about anything outside of there state let alone outside there country.

I don't think the average titmouse named 'banchang' could point to a walking crotchrot while even looking in a mirror. We cannot help it our country is great and your country is...well, maybe we can give you more aid money...

Bangkok one of the best cities in the world !!!! HA HA

What would you have left if you took the following away from Bangkok ???

250 Baht massages

Beautiful girls everywhere

100 Baht dinners

Cheap taxi rides

Air pollution

Great inexpensive shopping

Naked dancing girls in the clubs

Interesting Thai culture

Noise pollution

A religion that practices moderation

Ladyboys that can dance and sing

River dinner cruises for a few hundred Baht

A Skytrain that can quickly get you all over town

Wonderful Lumphini Park

Night skyline along the Chao Phraya River

Streets packed with people until 2 in the morning

Food stands on every sidewalk

The answer is just another beautiful boring city !

I think all of Bangkok's eccentricities and downfalls are the exact things that make it the unique, wonderful , exciting and vibrant city that it is now. In my opinion, Bangkok is definitely one of the best major cities in Asia and it is definitely my favorite.. (however I could do without the air pollution ! :D )

like your post mate, :D

as it says it all, and los is the greatest city in the world. :o

you forgot the weekend market, but we could go on until the next millinium could'nt we. :D

HEHEHE Steph...the exact question I have all the time! we love having you here, and appreciate what you bring. but cmon if u arent happy, theres home u can always go back to? no?

BANGKOK: -- The city of Bangkok has been placed third in the World's Best Awards 2006, ranked as the world's third favourite city for tourism--after Italy's Florence and Rome, respectively.

Interesting ranking.

Florence and Rome are well known for having a lot of historical monuments/buildings/...

What is Bangkok known for? :o

I dont think the average American would be able to tell you much about anything outside of there state let alone outside there country.

I'm retired from the US Navy and I consider myself a very worldly individual based on my knowledge and experience of travel to several foreign countries.

Anyway you shouldn't assume something you know nothing about and there should be spelled their.

Thanks