Large police operation under way in Paris suburb

webfact

Large police operation under way in Paris suburb

PARIS (AP) — The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local):

An official says a large police operation is under way in the Paris suburb of Saint Denis and it's believed to be linked to the deadly attacks on the French capital.

The police official says there have been exchanges of gunfire and special SWAT teams are on the scene. The official was not authorized to be publicly named according to police policy.

Police have blocked off the area around Place Jean Jaures in Saint Denis, just north of Paris.

French authorities have said they are searching for at least two people involved in last Friday's attacks, which killed at least 129 people and 7 terrorists.

Ambulances can be seen and sirens heard in French television footage from the scene.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-11-18

-------------------------------

Siege underway in northern Paris as police narrow in on terror suspects

PARIS: -- French special forces are conducting an operation in St Denis north of Paris.
Officers are said to have surrounded an apartment where up to five people have barricaded themselves in.
Three people – a passerby, a suicide bomber and another suspect are reported to have died.
IN SUMMARY
* Two suspects dead after police raid a flat in northern Paris hunting for Abdelhamid Abaaoud, thought to be mastermind of Friday's deadly attacks, police sources tell AFP.
* Deaths include a woman who blew herself up and another suspect shot by a police sniper.
* Another three men in police custody after being arrested during raid, say judiciary sources.
* Operation ongoing as of 8am CET - police still trying to 'neutralise' at least one other suspect.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-18

SKY NEWS: LIVE COVERAGE FROM PARIS

At least 2 dead in Paris anti-terror raid

PARIS: -- French police are involved in a prolonged shootout in the northern Paris suburb of Saint-Denis, where a Belgian Islamic State militant suspected of masterminding last week's Paris attacks is believed to be holed up.

Police and justice sources said Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, thought to have pulled the strings from Syria, was strongly believed to be among a group of people holed up in an apartment in the northern suburb near the national soccer stadium, one of the sites attacked by suicide bombers last week.

Shooting began at about 4.30am local time on Wednesday and police special forces of the RAID unit were still involved in exchanges of fire three hours later, witnesses said.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-news-world/at-least-2-dead-in-paris-antiterror-raid-20151118-46hi8.html

smh.jpg
-- Sydney Morning Herald 2015-11-18

The Latest: Police say 2 suspects killed in raid

PARIS (AP) — The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local):

8:20 a.m.

Police say two suspects in last week's Paris attacks — a man and a woman — have been killed in a police operation north of the capital.

An official with the Paris police department who was not authorized to be publicly named said two people have been detained, and two police officers injured in the standoff Wednesday in Saint-Denis.

Police have said the operation is targeting the suspected mastermind of last week's attacks, believed to be holed up in an apartment in Saint-Denis with several other heavily armed suspects.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-11-18

Hope it's shoot to kill

Hope not, because removing a few idiots doesn't help much.

More important would be: who finance, how do they communicate, where do they get the weapons, who are their friends with the same ideas, etc etc.

Hopefully this is the beginning.
There are over 10,000 violent, radical islamists, jihadists, salafists, etc. in europe.
Many of these radical islamists are know by the national security authorities.
Names, faces, structures and networks are known.
Europe should invoke martial law for a month, and return these radical islamists, where they came from.
No silly, legal games and trails.
It´s always interesting to see how then, these radical islamists like to use our humanitarian laws in their favor.
No hate preachers, warmongers and terrorists on European soil.
90% of Europeans are stuffed up with this crap.

Edited by tomacht8

The below add was taken out on behalf of muslims in UK with regard to the above attack. Bravo! It is hoped that should they do this more often and consistently the many peaceful muslims in the world can retake the narrative from these animals.

Actions ..not words

Just a cheap publicity stunt imo.

Ah yes, this is my first, and last, thought/fear to. But then what am I if all I have are indictments? I can navigate no solution that does not seek to court people into considering all of this from an angle outside of jihad. Is there nothing I will not state is positive, or at least hopeful? Is there anything that "they" can say or do that won't be rebuked by me? No. Then by default I am only suggesting one possibility, and that is a horrible thing to consider. Without question, the west needs a totally different, aggressive, comprehensive plan, but it must also include some mechanisms to ally or sway those who do not have an AK in the closet. This ad in the paper- line by line by word by word- absolutely has nothing attackable in it. There is no taqqiya evident, though it may be entirely a fraud, agreed. There is no hairsplitting, double messages for the west and for believers... it is an emphatic rejection.

In this regard yes, I do hope. However, my first and last fear is the same as yours. But I must encourage this narrative otherwise all the people out here who listen to my crap year after year can only conclude I really have nothing other than indictment, no solutions, and no hope. In that there is only endless war.

The below add was taken out on behalf of muslims in UK with regard to the above attack. Bravo! It is hoped that should they do this more often and consistently the many peaceful muslims in the world can retake the narrative from these animals.

Actions ..not words

Just a cheap publicity stunt imo.

State of Emergency is in action in France for 3 months. Public manifestation is forbidden.

You can see tons of condolences and sympathy from the Muslims all over the world on social media like Twitter, FB, blogs, etc...

For sure, if you aren't looking for these messages yourself, they won't come to you...

I do believe this to represent the opinions of many Muslims in the UK... but unfortunately not all.sad.png

Normally I would not say this but better caught dead than alive....

Wrong, they need them alive if possible. The ones they could arrest today won't have a nice time in the coming days and they won't commit suicide in jail as well, don't worry. The DGSI, Direction Generale de la securite interieure which means General Directorate for Internal Security (it was before the French Intelligence Services) are not thai cops