Thalang Police Station rioter arrested for unrelated crime

webfact

Thalang Police Station rioter arrested for unrelated crime
Phuket Gazette

tp.jpeg
The October 10 riot caused more than 6 million baht worth of damage to the police station and nearby vehicles. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- A teen wanted for his role in the Phuket police station riot last month was arrested for an unrelated crime two weeks ago.

The 16-year-old, who police declined to identify, was arrested for the possession of kratom in Thalang, explained Thalang Police Superintendent Chanuchan Cholsuwat.

“When we ran his name in the system, an arrest warrant for his alleged involvement in the Thalang riot popped up,” Col Chanuchan told the Phuket Gazette. “The teen was taken to the Juvenile Observation and Protection Center for further legal processing.”

Phuket Provincial Police, concerned about retribution, have been cautious about bringing justice to those named in 66 arrest warrants issued for the attack.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Thalang-Police-Station-rioter-arrested-unrelated-crime/62385?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-18

"Phuket Provincial Police, concerned about retribution, have been cautious about bringing justice to those named in 66 arrest warrants issued for the attack" is this for real? The police are scared?

No wonder there are so much disregard for the law if they take this attitude.

Don't arrest suspected serious criminals as it might upset them. Sums it up. FM

Well, some of these "suspected criminals" have connections. Perhaps, one phone call from an arrested rioter, and the arresting officer is transfers to an inactive, and less lucrative post.

Everyone now knows the mafia controls Phuket, to the detriment of the whole tourism industry here.

There is no law and order on Phuket. Only corruption, corruption and more corruption.

"Phuket Provincial Police, concerned about retribution, have been cautious about bringing justice to those named in 66 arrest warrants issued for the attack" is this for real? The police are scared?

No need for a rush.

Why risk further outbreaks of civil unrest.

The police know who the criminals are so why not just wait and grab the offenders as and when opportunity arises ?

No need for a rush.

The police know who the criminals are so why not just wait and grab the offenders as and when opportunity arises ?

"The police know who the criminals are so why not just wait and grab the offenders as and when opportunity arises ?" - what about protecting the community from them????

How many more victims does there have to be, while the police are considering when's the right "opportunity" to arrest them?

No need for a rush.

"The police know who the criminals are so why not just wait and grab the offenders as and when opportunity arises ?" - what about protecting the community from them????

How many more victims does there have to be, while the police are considering when's the right "opportunity" to arrest them?

Which "victims" are we talking about .

These low life criminals are, in the main low level drug dealers/abusers, who only "harm" members of their own Thai communities.

If those communities choose to tolerate these criminals why should I or the Police be concerned ?

If communities wished to be rid of these miscreants they would all have been hog tied and delivered to the Police.

Well, some of these "suspected criminals" have connections. Perhaps, one phone call from an arrested rioter, and the arresting officer is transfers to an inactive, and less lucrative post.

Everyone now knows the mafia controls Phuket, to the detriment of the whole tourism industry here.

There is no law and order on Phuket. Only corruption, corruption and more corruption.

Not just tourism- I shut my business down when the local permit department tried to extort from me. My Thai lawyer told me " You pay once, you'll pay every month...I recommend you get out of this country- it's rotten as it gets."

I've got a new neighbor killing me with roosters at 4 am onwards The police told him to shut them up at night and early morning- he just ignores them. There is just no respect for law and civil rules here. You have to decide that is acceptable if you wish to live here without a major level of stress. Is it like this all over Thailand ? I have such a nice property so unbelievably cheap, I hate to leave, but maybe Phuket is just past hope.

Not just Phuket, though it does seem the natives a bit more restless there.