where to buy MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)

uli65

this "stuff" worked perfect for me in my home country. my own body is evidence what can help me or not. no need the so called clinical studies where the result is known in advance.

Big pharma hates it when natural substances work better than what they push. The body produces these sulphates (msm/gluco) but as we age will produce less. A far better alternative than narcotics or Nsaids for joint pain.

There is no substantive evidence for this " stuff" being an effective "medication!

In order to call it a "medication", clinical trials costing in the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars have to be performed. Given the stuff cannot be patented and monetized, who do you figure is going to pay for those trials that would give us any evidence one way or the other?

The only way it's available to us is as a dietary supplement with no claims of specific health benefits. Otherwise, the seller can go to jail.

That's the way it is in the USA, which is the most important market for supplements. Sadly, they could come up with a natural cure for cancer or any other disease tomorrow (or last year, or 10 years ago) and the seller could go to jail under those laws. Big Pharma donates (and bribes= potato/potato) $$$ billions every year to keep it that way.

Edited by impulse

There is no substantive evidence for this " stuff" being an effective "medication!

In order to call it a "medication", clinical trials costing in the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars have to be performed. Given the stuff cannot be patented and monetized, who do you figure is going to pay for those trials that would give us any evidence one way or the other?

The only way it's available to us is as a dietary supplement with no claims of specific health benefits. Otherwise, the seller can go to jail.

That's the way it is in the USA, which is the most important market for supplements. Sadly, they could come up with a natural cure for cancer or any other disease tomorrow (or last year, or 10 years ago) and the seller could go to jail under those laws. Big Pharma donates (and bribes= potato/potato) $$$ billions every year to keep it that way.

In the UK a very large trial is about to begin to investigate whether aspirin can prevent cancer recurrence. Aspirin is not on patent, and is cheap and generic. http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34592242

"The world's largest clinical trial to examine whether aspirin can prevent cancers returning has begun in the UK.

About 11,000 people who have had early bowel, breast, prostate, stomach and oesophageal cancer will be involved.

Uncertainty about the drug's possible anti-cancer qualities has led to fierce medical debate in recent years.

If it is proven to work, scientists say it would be "game-changing", by providing a cheap and effective way to help more patients survive.

During the study, funded by the charity Cancer Research UK and the NIHR - the research arm of the NHS - patients will take a tablet every day for five years.

Researchers will compare groups of patients taking different doses of aspirin with people taking dummy (placebo) pills and check for any recurrences of cancer."

Of course there is preliminary evidence that aspirin is able to do this, which makes the concept worth testing. Why hasn't big pharma stopped this with their bribes?

On your argument, by the way, any claim about the health benefits of anything not patentable would just have to be accepted as true. This is not a wise outlook as clearly there are very substantially more false health claims than true ones.

In the UK a very large trial is about to begin to investigate whether aspirin can prevent cancer recurrence. Aspirin is not on patent, and is cheap and generic. http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34592242

"The world's largest clinical trial to examine whether aspirin can prevent cancers returning has begun in the UK.

About 11,000 people who have had early bowel, breast, prostate, stomach and oesophageal cancer will be involved.

Uncertainty about the drug's possible anti-cancer qualities has led to fierce medical debate in recent years.

If it is proven to work, scientists say it would be "game-changing", by providing a cheap and effective way to help more patients survive.

During the study, funded by the charity Cancer Research UK and the NIHR - the research arm of the NHS - patients will take a tablet every day for five years.

Researchers will compare groups of patients taking different doses of aspirin with people taking dummy (placebo) pills and check for any recurrences of cancer."

Of course there is preliminary evidence that aspirin is able to do this, which makes the concept worth testing. Why hasn't big pharma stopped this with their bribes?

On your argument, by the way, any claim about the health benefits of anything not patentable would just have to be accepted as true. This is not a wise outlook as clearly there are very substantially more false health claims than true ones.

That'll keep the wolves at bay for the 5-10 years of the study. In the meantime, Big Pharma can scheme to taint the results with their money and influence since their influence wasn't able to stop the study outright. I'm pretty sure that's part of the "fierce debate" mentioned in the article. (Like the "fierce debate" on climate change.)

I'll bet every baht in my back pocket that it will end up going in favor of more expensive treatments. I hope I'm wrong. But I doubt it.

Edited by impulse

Pointless attempting rational debate with those who embrace quackery and a love of conspiracy theory.

One Mr Jobs believed the hype of "alternative cures" which did NOT provide him with a good outcome.

"Barrie R. Cassileth, the chief of Memorial Sloan–Kettering Cancer Center's integrative medicine department, said, "Jobs's faith in alternative medicine likely cost him his life.... He had the only kind of pancreatic cancer that is treatable and curable.... He essentially committed suicide." **

** Ref

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs#Health_issues

Edited by oncearugge

• 9 months later...

You can order MSM powder (PureMSM) here: http://www.myskinrecipes.com/shop/รักษาสิว/212-methylsulfonylmethane-msm-เมทิลซัลโฟนิลมีเทน.html

I paid for 1kg include EMS shipping 1.042 THB and got it 2 days later. For 1kg you (or better your wife) must ask per email.

Edited by snowgard

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2016 at 7:31 PM, snowgard said:

You can order MSM powder (PureMSM) here: http://www.myskinrecipes.com/shop/รักษาสิว/212-methylsulfonylmethane-msm-เมทิลซัลโฟนิลมีเทน.html

I paid for 1kg include EMS shipping 1.042 THB and got it 2 days later. For 1kg you (or better your wife) must ask per email.

This powder can be mixed with water and i can drink it?