Obama, Hollande reiterate commitment to destroy Islamic State: White House

webfact

Obama, Hollande reiterate commitment to destroy Islamic State: White House
English.news.cn

WASHINGTON, Nov. 20 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama and his French counterpart Francois Hollande on Thursday reiterated their "unwavering commitment to degrade and destroy" the Islamic State (IS), the White House said.

In a telephone call made at the end of an Asia-Pacific summit in the Philippines, Obama and Hollande discussed "the lastest developments in the investigation" into the Paris terrorist attacks last week, the White House said in a statement.

The White House said on Tuesday that Obama was set to host Hollande at the White House on Nov. 24 to coordinate counterterrorism efforts.

Full story: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2015-11/20/c_134834840.htm

-- Xinhua 2015-11-20

Where were you the last 5 years? IS was much less formidable than now, what would have cost

you less to do 5 years ago, it will cost 2-3 fold now... what's wrong with theses guys that it take

them years and countless lives to wake up and od what they should have done years ago?

"daesh" wow - a new front has opened in the war - this is right up there with hashtags for Boko Haram. I m pretty sure it has them ROTFIF (rolling on the floor in fear). I m glad to see we have made yet another great movement toward the resolving <deleted> we are going to call them, when do we get to the next step.

Where were you the last 5 years? IS was much less formidable than now, what would have cost

you less to do 5 years ago, it will cost 2-3 fold now... what's wrong with theses guys that it take

them years and countless lives to wake up and od what they should have done years ago?

I would imagine he waited before putting America in another quagmire which I think we've had enough of in the past fifteen years... but what do I know. You'd prefer we sent our army back over there? I served in Iraq, where were you?

What do you think ISIS wants by targeting western nations? We're doing its job for them by wasting money on the never ending war machine instead of focusing on our nations. It's funny, people said the same thing about Saddam. How did that turn out for us?