New Zealand opens voting on new flag

webfact

Kiwis, you lucky basta....!

You are allowed to vote about your own flag.

We Europeans NEVER got to vote whether we wanted the UK in the EU.

And now those spoiled brats are saying: " unless you give us even more favours, we are out!"

General De Gaulle was right: NON NON NON.

But I still love you Kiwis.

And do get rid of that colonialist symbol in your old flag.

without the Brits at the heart of NATO and the EU most Euro's would be still licking out German or Russian dustbins. Spare us the colonialist BS too, we have been flying that flag since 1606 and most couldn't give a rats a*se what you do with your flags.

Bloody typical.

We want to be members of NATO, key member, but we also want to have our own nuclear bombs.

We want to be members of the EU, but we also want to have our own currency and other privileges.

Make up your mind.

What do you want?

Why not simply beg the US to let you become a US state.

That way you may have some influence on the orders that are issued to you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I'm kiwi and live in NZ with my Thai wife and kids. Uncertain if I really want to end up in Thailand too. Love tropical nature and the climate there but there is more to life than warm weather. Political uncertainty and a lot of negative talk about Thailand is a bit off putting but you make your own happiness anywhere I guess.Also the fact that people break their necks to get into NZ makes me think I'm probably in the right place already? We'll see.

Seastalion is right with the pronunciation. I do not like any of the flags on offer, all a bit clumsy so I won't be voting for any of them but probably vote to retain what we have even if it's close to the Aussie flag. If there was a Kiwi then I would certainly vote for it, but none and I don't know why. Silver ferns grow in other countries but kiwi's don't. I'm a kiwi as the people here term themselves. so.....??? I don't mind the union jack in a small corner, like it or not, it's a part of our history, but a larger KIWI should take care of our otherness.

Kia kaha bro

Kia ora e hoa

I could be wrong but I thought you weren't allowed to use foreign languages on this forum?

Your not, so please stop doing it.

Kiwis, you lucky basta....!

You are allowed to vote about your own flag.

We Europeans NEVER got to vote whether we wanted the UK in the EU.

And now those spoiled brats are saying: " unless you give us even more favours, we are out!"

General De Gaulle was right: NON NON NON.

But I still love you Kiwis.

And do get rid of that colonialist symbol in your old flag.

without the Brits at the heart of NATO and the EU most Euro's would be still licking out German or Russian dustbins. Spare us the colonialist BS too, we have been flying that flag since 1606 and most couldn't give a rats a*se what you do with your flags.

At least we Europeans are not still licking out our own HISO dustbins.

But As I am an optimist, I will assume that you were joking, and a fan of Monty Python.

Ah those funny POMs!

Yes I'm kiwi and live in NZ with my Thai wife and kids. Uncertain if I really want to end up in Thailand too. Love tropical nature and the climate there but there is more to life than warm weather. Political uncertainty and a lot of negative talk about Thailand is a bit off putting but you make your own happiness anywhere I guess.Also the fact that people break their necks to get into NZ makes me think I'm probably in the right place already? We'll see.

Seastalion is right with the pronunciation. I do not like any of the flags on offer, all a bit clumsy so I won't be voting for any of them but probably vote to retain what we have even if it's close to the Aussie flag. If there was a Kiwi then I would certainly vote for it, but none and I don't know why. Silver ferns grow in other countries but kiwi's don't. I'm a kiwi as the people here term themselves. so.....??? I don't mind the union jack in a small corner, like it or not, it's a part of our history, but a larger KIWI should take care of our otherness.

Kia kaha bro

Have you ever considered the Polynesian islands?

They seem to have all the good things of Thailand, and none of the bad?

If I had the money, I surely would be living there, probably Aitutaki or Raro.

Come on, the only reason why you aren't "licking out German or Russian dustbins" is because of that narrow channel of water separating you. My parents on the other side of the channel were licking out of German dustbins in the early 1940's. One of my aunts died in the family home from a stray bullet. Just count yourself lucky geographically and leave it at that. Let's all be friends.

Kia kaha bro

Never thought of it. But now that you mention it. Hmmmm very tempting

Kia kaha bro

Never thought of it. But now that you mention it. Hmmmm very tempting

Yes I have and it's a reasonable alternative. Rarotonga is good with NZ rights to live there and have NZ passports and currency so no hassles with visas or much at all. Everyone speaks English and you could learn Rarotongan Maori if you wanted. Don't think you can buy land though, but renting probably would be cheap, if I did the same with my Auckland house I would be quids in. Not sure if the Thai wife would fancy the isolation tho...:-) Should have looked up that way before adventuring into Thailand?...Haha oh well mai pen rai