New visa rules in uk

My friends come to visit every year for about 70 days.

Normally they get a 90 day visa but now they are told by the uk embassy only 60 days or a multiple entry.

60 days is to short

Multiple is 145 pounds plus 10 pounds to put it in your passport Each

Does anyone known if you can still extend a 60 day for another 10 days and how much.

All help would be appreciated.

I arrived on a 60 day tourist visa then got a 30 day extension but was told I could not extend it again at the immigration office and that if I wanted to extend my stay I would have to leave the country and re-enter in a 30 day tourist visa

I arrived on a 60 day tourist visa then got a 30 day extension but was told I could not extend it again at the immigration office and that if I wanted to extend my stay I would have to leave the country and re-enter in a 30 day tourist visa

There are no 30 day tourist visas

If you exit and re enter the country without a Visa you (if you qualify) will be given a 30 day "visa exempt" entry at an airport or 15/30 days at a land border depending on nationality.

You can only get one 30 day extension per entry.

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry not a tourist visa.when you leave and re-enter the country. You will only get a 15 day entry if you do it at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country You can extend the 30 or 15 day entry for 30 days at an immigration office.

• It's possible that your friends had non-immigrant visas in the past that give permission to stay of 90 days.

All they need for a 70 day stay is a Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) which gives 60 days on arrival plus an extension of stay.

The 60 day stay can be extended for 30 days, and they can apply for the extension a week or so before the 60 days expires.

It doesn't matter if they apply for the extension early as the 30 day extension will apply from when the 60 days finishes. So nothing lost by applying early.