Where to buy White Roman Columns and Greece Sculptures?

davejones76

For a garden, I am looking for white Roman columns and Greece status or sculptures like Venues, Cleopatra, Zeus.

Preferably in PVC / plastic as the concrete ones are bad for backaches. :-)

Does anyone know if these items are available in Thailand.

If not, does someone know a supplier in Thailand, who can make this on request?

Help is appreciated. Thanks

A tall order.

If you have your own transportation, the first place I would start would be on the highway between Saraburi and Korat. Dozens of statuary shops along the roadside, and many of them appear to manufacture their own.

Clearly: "William Randolph Hearst syndrome"

To really impress Thai Folks, erect plenty of Buddha statues in combination with 17 little "Ghost Houses" in your front yard. That will make you an "Important Person" in Thailand. Forget about the Greeks and the Romans.

Cheers.

I don't know where you're located, but I vaguely remember seeing varous statues/sculptures, as you described, at OR around Chutachut weekend market in Bangkok. I've seen some which are bronze but I DON'T know if they also have plastic ones. Good luck.

To really impress Thai Folks, erect plenty of Buddha statues in combination with 17 little "Ghost Houses" in your front yard. That will make you an "Important Person" in Thailand. Forget about the Greeks and the Romans.

Cheers.

Exactly the kind of input the OP was hoping to get to his ligitimate question.

Not judgemental at all!

It's people like you who make Thaivisa what it has becoe.

Too bad.facepalm.gif

Cheers.

Not judgemental at all!

Too bad.facepalm.gif

I take it, you are also in the process of accumulating Greek Plastic Statues, made in Thailand. That makes already 2 of you.

FYI: In tourist hubs, there are a number of excellent psychiatric clinics.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Not judgemental at all!

Too bad.facepalm.gif

I take it, you are also in the process of accumulating Greek Plastic Statues, made in Thailand. That makes already 2 of you.

Cheers.

As there should be.

I stay away from tourist areas and tourist as well..

Both are crazy and depressing.

Also, I have no statues or colums.

I was just being helpful to someone who requested help when I refered hin to a place that sells them.

Being helpful...

Isn't that what forums are about?

Cheers.

Not judgemental at all!

Too bad.facepalm.gif

Cheers.

As there should be.

I stay away from tourist areas and tourist as well..

Both are crazy and depressing.

Also, I have no statues or colums.

I was just being helpful to someone who requested help when I refered hin to a place that sells them.

Being helpful...

Isn't that what forums are about?

To really impress Thai Folks, erect plenty of Buddha statues in combination with 17 little "Ghost Houses" in your front yard

A small word of advice. Unless you are a Buddhist or Anamist, I would not suggest erecting either of the above. A 'Westerner' with Buddha statues would certainly not impress local Buddhists.

I don't know where you're located, but I vaguely remember seeing varous statues/sculptures, as you described, at OR around Chutachut weekend market in Bangkok. I've seen some which are bronze but I DON'T know if they also have plastic ones. Good luck.

There is a shop in River City (as I recall on 2nd or 3rd floor) and also when you first turn off Choroen Krung Rd west (towards the river) onto Soi 30 (just north of Surawongse) in Bangkok, both of which sell statuary. I've also seen shops further east on Surawongse I think at the junction with Rama IV .

graphic-map.png

Edited by Suradit69

Cheers.

Not judgemental at all!

Too bad.facepalm.gif

Cheers.

Don't be too hard on them; especially when they need to compete with the Thai's in ugly; one of the worst if not the worst is in Dan Chai - a whole resort of "Hello Kitty" and yes - every thing is pink including the on display car show. Edited by Artisi

• 2 weeks later...