High Season Has Definitely Started

dennis123

Noticed it in Seam Riep already, crazy busy.

Arrived in Pattaya yesterday and The Venue (showbar) was almost packed, hotel had only one room free for one night, moved to other hotel today that again had only one room free for tonight so tomorrow on the move again.

Condos absurdly over priced, eg studio in View Talay 2 go's for 25k baht/month (free electric/water/internet), two years ago I rented a 1 bedroom appartment at Jomtien Beach Condiminium for 12k baht, right now the office rents a studio for 15k. Went to small real estate shop at the place and got same 1 bedroom for 18k baht/mo now (with minimum 3 month contract opposed to 1 month previously).

Thappraya road busy as usual, not much difference opposed to 2-3 months ago really, lots of foreigners with Thai girlfriends / boyfriends on the streets, they do seem to behave better, eg haven't seen many crossing the street with blind folds on, last year was a bit different where everyone seemed to have some death wish. Foodmart was also pretty busy but the cashiers seem to work faster by the day, eg no waiting rows around 7pm, not so bad.

Did hear many complains from the bar boys, when I said high season now really started they all tend to disagree, guess Thailand isn't that popular among gay crowds anymore. As for the bar boys, as I'm here for 3 years now I know most and must say I've seen a lot of unfamiliar faces walking with foreigners. Maybe it's the new trend to get a boyfriend that supports you and move back to Udon or something to live among friends or family, Udonthani does seem to be the gay walhalla of Isaan. Wouldn't surprise me that much as the gay scene has been on a downward trend for quite a while already. Earlier there were many cute Thais, now it's much more ugly guys from Cambodia and Laos of which I doubt many are actually gay.

Russian tourism down? I don't think so....maybe have to thank Egypt for that.

Edited by dennis123

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya in high season, youre welcome to it. I love the smell of desperation in the bars so im strictly low season.

I prefer low season as well, but in high season it's bloody cold in my country so what can I do.

I don't agree with the cheap charly statement from another poster as in low season more people are begging for drinks/food/take off/clubbing so often it turns out more expensive instead.

Last month I was handsome man. Now they call me papa. sad.png

I also seem to be a bit less popular and all the cuties are celebrating holidays with their boyfriends, quality of boys in Pattaya is degrading big time anyway, wonder where the nice ones hang out.

Only when I'm absurd drunk I seem to be able to find someone that I regret the next morning lol.

Pattaya in high season, youre welcome to it. I love the smell of desperation in the bars so im strictly low season.

Yep, attention comes at a higher price in high season.... but I thought you're mainly into discos. They seem busy all year around.

I also seem to be a bit less popular and all the cuties are celebrating holidays with their boyfriends, quality of boys in Pattaya is degrading big time anyway, wonder where the nice ones hang out.

Only when I'm absurd drunk I seem to be able to find someone that I regret the next morning lol.

I'll tell you why the quality of boys and girls is degrading big time - social media. The smart ones don't have to work in a bar anymore as they can find better business online. They're already hooked and accounted for before their boyfriend arrives in Thailand.

I'll tell you why the quality of boys and girls is degrading big time - social media. The smart ones don't have to work in a bar anymore as they can find better business online. They're already hooked and accounted for before their boyfriend arrives in Thailand.

Agreed. It is an easier and more profitable approach. Sitting at home and asking for double the roses on-line is the latest method to harvest the ignorance ...

SunLover

Agreed. It is an easier and more profitable approach. Sitting at home and asking for double the roses on-line is the latest method to harvest the ignorance ...

SunLover

It's even better than that because they don't have to sit at home - everyone is walking World Wide Web these days.

there might be a few more people around but a more accurate sign is on Monday I asked for a friends beer to be put on my bin

(not my local bar) and when I checked the lady had put the beer on my bin and my friends? it took ten minuets for the cashier

to accept this was not correct and refund the extra payment.

then last night I invited a couple of lads for a beer in a bar in view talay 1 the happy hour was 4pm till 7pm with 20 bhat off all drinks

so I paid 60 bhat before 4pm and 50 bhat after?? it was quite funny as people pointed out the 20 bhat off signs but the bar staff were

not impressed and would only say the boss said to charge that amount.(it was not my local or the normal barmaid) it feels more

like open season on tourists cash than high season.

Agreed yes, however social media / sites like Grindr, come with a lot of fakeness, 5-10 year old photos and what not, and I also feel a bit committed at times when agreeing to 'date', while bars are non committal.

there might be a few more people around but a more accurate sign is on Monday I asked for a friends beer to be put on my bin

(not my local bar) and when I checked the lady had put the beer on my bin and my friends? it took ten minuets for the cashier

to accept this was not correct and refund the extra payment.

then last night I invited a couple of lads for a beer in a bar in view talay 1 the happy hour was 4pm till 7pm with 20 bhat off all drinks

so I paid 60 bhat before 4pm and 50 bhat after?? it was quite funny as people pointed out the 20 bhat off signs but the bar staff were

not impressed and would only say the boss said to charge that amount.(it was not my local or the normal barmaid) it feels more

like open season on tourists cash than high season.

Had that before as well, drinking with a mate but I was already sitting there for a while, when I ordered a round they put it on my bin, when my mate ordered a round they put it on my bin as well.

Even after correcting them it kept on happening, some just don't get it.

Agreed yes, however social media / sites like Grindr, come with a lot of fakeness, 5-10 year old photos and what not, and I also feel a bit committed at times when agreeing to 'date', while bars are non committal.

What about apps like "WeChat" and "Tango", where people can browse for available ladies or boys in their immediate vicinity.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and live bars will probably always exist, but many punters operate exclusively online and it has to be influencing the bar industry in a negative way.

What about apps like "WeChat" and "Tango", where people can browse for available ladies or boys in their immediate vicinity.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and live bars will probably always exist, but many punters operate exclusively online and it has to be influencing the bar industry in a negative way.

Yes Grindr is such site, however for that you need a smartphone lol.

Don't get me started how I bought 3 smartphones and lost each within a week whether it was due to taking it into the sea in my pocket when I had to launch a boat, or whether it was stolen in a bar or lost in another way that I can't even remember anymore :)

So now I'm done with buying smartphones for a while.

Why anyone would want to spend amy time in the brightside of Pattaya is beyond comprehension, act like mugs and be treated like mugs and as for it being high season who without a vested interest would utter such balloax?

Must hqave been the Mayor who said that Pattaya was in the "High season" eh?

Yep, attention comes at a higher price in high season.... but I thought you're mainly into discos. They seem busy all year around.

Im into everywhere I see an opening….the only places I avoid are the ones that seem to think customers are stupid and meant to be fleeced….my low season and high season spending does not change….however I do hate the unavailability of hotels and sheer mass of crowds during high season. Plus Im not going any place crowded this year end….(i let the terrorists win)

Why anyone would want to spend amy time in the brightside of Pattaya is beyond comprehension, act like mugs and be treated like mugs and as for it being high season who without a vested interest would utter such balloax?

Must hqave been the Mayor who said that Pattaya was in the "High season" eh?

I am guessing that you have never been to the worst backwater places in Russia and China. Go there and the "why" part will come into focus smile.png It is all about perspective. There are many Westerners who think this place is a cesspool filled with the worst slice of humanity. But many Russians and Chinese, with a different perspective, see this place as a nice, inexpensive vacation destination. It is for this reason that I think there will always be people vacationing here. And even if all the tourists go away, it will eventually be filled up with Bangkonians fleeing Bangkok. I agree that high season is here as I am seeing a lot more people all over Jomtien. It is getting crowded again, and the girls are starting to scream with some enthusiam as they fish for a big, fat, ignorant, near-death white elephant.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

Im into everywhere I see an opening….the only places I avoid are the ones that seem to think customers are stupid and meant to be fleeced….my low season and high season spending does not change….however I do hate the unavailability of hotels and sheer mass of crowds during high season. Plus Im not going any place crowded this year end….(i let the terrorists win)

I don't avoid the places where they think customers are stupid, I just act as I always do, some I know for a long time I buy a drink, others I don't. Sometimes I'm a little easy, so due to lack of prostitutes I spend a little less than in the low season actually. Mass crowds do annoy me big time.

And what also annoys me are the foreigners with their so-called boy/girl friends, they act like they found the love of their life and it seems I'm the only one who sees how fake it all is, don't even get into a discussion with them as it's a lost case. Ok sure blame me as well in the beginning, I think it's some sort of must to live here for a few years to know the truth, no matter how obvious it is from the start, love surely blinds.

I just entered Pattaya after a month break in Cambodia, actually I'm done with holidays for a while now so I'm glad when I get the keys to my condo at Jomtien beach condominium, sure not the best but it's okay for me.

What bothers me even more, today I did a bar trip through Jomtien, and I saw three awesomely handsome boys, one is my ex-boyfriend that I have a sporadic sexual relationship with, another one I've bounched already 5 times but sure worth a repeat, and one more is just a good looking guy that I've known for 3 years and go occasionally with. Makes you think why that bothers me, well, I did expect to find something new that would make my heart bounce but nothing at all.

Of those three guys, one still works in the same bar and is heavily disappointed, he has a rich foster parent family that wants to send him to school but he wants his freedom (kinda stupid if you ask me), the ex-boyfriend has his stuff somewhat together, he inherited some land and borrowed money to his step-father that started a construction company that finally seems to get some momentum, the third one that's extremely handsome imo worked in a gogo bar and quit due to a lack of customers, now he works in a restaurant. Especially the last one surprises me as imo he's a superstar in terms of looks, however he's not really boyfriend material due to his attitude. He loves young / cute guys and can't imagine a life with a 60 year old fart. Can't blame him.

The gay tourists seems to change as well, way less sex tourists and way more gay couples that frequent Pattaya that might have the occasional threesome or whatever but the boyfriend experience seems to be dieing from what I saw today after visiting a dozen bars in Jomtien.

Pattaya will become less of a sex tourist destination that's for sure as if this continues for a few more years the number of prostitutes will dwindle in huge amounts.

I don't avoid the places where they think customers are stupid, I just act as I always do, some I know for a long time I buy a drink, others I don't. Sometimes I'm a little easy, so due to lack of prostitutes I spend a little less than in the low season actually. Mass crowds do annoy me big time.

And what also annoys me are the foreigners with their so-called boy/girl friends, they act like they found the love of their life and it seems I'm the only one who sees how fake it all is, don't even get into a discussion with them as it's a lost case. Ok sure blame me as well in the beginning, I think it's some sort of must to live here for a few years to know the truth, no matter how obvious it is from the start, love surely blinds.

I just entered Pattaya after a month break in Cambodia, actually I'm done with holidays for a while now so I'm glad when I get the keys to my condo at Jomtien beach condominium, sure not the best but it's okay for me.

What bothers me even more, today I did a bar trip through Jomtien, and I saw three awesomely handsome boys, one is my ex-boyfriend that I have a sporadic sexual relationship with, another one I've bounched already 5 times but sure worth a repeat, and one more is just a good looking guy that I've known for 3 years and go occasionally with. Makes you think why that bothers me, well, I did expect to find something new that would make my heart bounce but nothing at all.

Of those three guys, one still works in the same bar and is heavily disappointed, he has a rich foster parent family that wants to send him to school but he wants his freedom (kinda stupid if you ask me), the ex-boyfriend has his stuff somewhat together, he inherited some land and borrowed money to his step-father that started a construction company that finally seems to get some momentum, the third one that's extremely handsome imo worked in a gogo bar and quit due to a lack of customers, now he works in a restaurant. Especially the last one surprises me as imo he's a superstar in terms of looks, however he's not really boyfriend material due to his attitude. He loves young / cute guys and can't imagine a life with a 60 year old fart. Can't blame him.

The gay tourists seems to change as well, way less sex tourists and way more gay couples that frequent Pattaya that might have the occasional threesome or whatever but the boyfriend experience seems to be dieing from what I saw today after visiting a dozen bars in Jomtien.

Pattaya will become less of a sex tourist destination that's for sure as if this continues for a few more years the number of prostitutes will dwindle in huge amounts.

Errr, Dennis, there's a guy outside carrying a flamethrower asking where he can find you.

My guesstimate of high/low season is based on the density of vehicle traffic on Second Road on weekday evenings, and the number of people in the restaurants and food court in Central Festival on weekday lunchtimes.

I cant say that either number screams "high season" to me at the moment.

My guesstimate of high/low season is based on the density of vehicle traffic on Second Road on weekday evenings, and the number of people in the restaurants and food court in Central Festival on weekday lunchtimes.

The beach has people on it again.

I also see a lot more Easties so I guess we are in high season and expect it will get busier over the next month.

It doesn't really make much difference to my day to day life

Non-bar observations: Big C Extra food court is thronged in the afternoons now, with Euro nationals in full argument mode. Big C supermarket upstairs has busier aisles than only a few weeks ago. The moto park along the food court side extends well down the lane now. Friendship market busier now when I go in between 9 and 10 pm. Benjamit coffee, always busy, has been busier. And here in my Darkside complex, familiar Euro faces have reappeared and there's a little more noise.

Loved thequote in post #20, "as they fish for a big,fat,ignorant,near-death white elephant" Classic. The place is full of 'em.High season doesn't bother me too much as I rarely venture east of soi Bukeaow & I always have my regulars.

thumbsup.gif Thats a good benchmark.

In the early evening:

Low season: problem to cross 2nd road on foot because traffic flows very fast.

Higher season: still difficult, traffic still flowing and dense.

Peak season: easy to cross as there is a standstill anyway.

biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

thumbsup.gif Thats a good benchmark.

In the early evening:

Low season: problem to cross 2nd road on foot because traffic flows very fast.

Higher season: still difficult, traffic still flowing and dense.

Peak season: easy to cross as there is a standstill anyway.

biggrin.png

But most of the private vehicle traffic is from Thais ?