Booze banned during Loy Krathong festival

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really almost feel sorry for you drunken slobs out that just need another excuse to get drunk. You are drunk all the time and I have no desire to be near you. Cheap boze is the most important reason you even come to Thailand and think you know everything about Thailand, well you do NOT.

Buuuuuurrrppppp!

Buy bottle / can of coke. Consume contents in whole or in part. Decant liquor of choice into receptacle. Wander about.

Never failed yet.

Are you Scandinavian?

PS. Emptying the coke bottle by shaking it and spraying the bystanders might give you away. Better do it in the toilet rooms.

I really almost feel sorry for you drunken slobs out that just need another excuse to get drunk. You are drunk all the time and I have no desire to be near you. Cheap boze is the most important reason you even come to Thailand and think you know everything about Thailand, well you do NOT.

And a jolly good morning to you, too, SIr!

To have a glass of wine with the food, or a beer is culture in many of the old countries.

New York ban alcohol during New Year's Eve celebration at time square and also 4th July fireworks in areas where you have a good view. They have done that for years. Other cities do the same thing where they expect a lot of people. This is nothing new. At least here for the bar guys they can drink as usual. Nobody will die of Alcohol shortage.

It's banned in areas where Loy Krathong is being celebrated.

If want to drink, go somewhere else.

If want to take part in Loy Krathong celebrations accept you have to do it sober...or at least no drunker than when you arrive.

It's hardly the end of the world.

It just about covers places like Phitsanulok where the Nan runs right through it.

It is treating the public like children once again and damping down the occasion for toutists at the same time IMO.

If want to take part in Loy Krathong celebrations accept you have to do it sober...or at least no drunker than when you arrive.

You'll fit good to North Korea or Saudi Arabia...Always let these above decide smile.png for my life. They know bettersmile.png

Really?

Because I happen to believe that drunken morons spoiling events that may include families with children is a bad idea that makes me a supporter of totalitarian rule?

Because I can accept that there are times when drinking is perfectly acceptable and others when it is not that makes me a supporter of totalitarian rule?

Because I feel if you want to drink you should avoid events where it is banned that makes me a supporter of totalitarian rule?

What a strange world you do live in.

I think harassing people while drunk is already forbidden. So we speak about not drunk people who enjoy a glass of something at the celebration.

Yes it it is totalitarian.

Cheap booze?????bottle of wine I can buy for 40 Baht in my country and the taste is acceptable...here the cheapest is 299 and the taste is not so good.

Also a big price difference in beer + the local brew quality is something similar to a booze ban....no one who knows good beer what to drink that.

So when there are accidents/deaths caused by drunk driving and/or fights etc. by drunk people at festival places they (the authorities) will say "we did ban booze, it's not our responsibility".

What is needed is for people to understand that drinking and driving don't mix and that being drunk in a public place is wrong. But that seems too hard for the authorities to pull off. They just take the easy way out.

I think harassing people while drunk is already forbidden. So we speak about not drunk people who enjoy a glass of something at the celebration.

By that same line of reasoning, why ban drunk driving when it's already forbidden to run into other cars?

Everybody just assumes that "to drink is to get drunk". Not necessarily so. Most people just have a few beers and enjoy the fun of the festival. Unfortunately, this Loi Kratung is on a Wednesday, so here in Pattaya the beaches are "closed for cleaning". (Except nobody NOBODY cleans them on Wednesday). Every year the concessionaires have lovely parties on the beach and everybody had fun. This year, the "authorities" have decided that because it's "cleaning day", no parties will be permitted. One big party of the year, and they <deleted> it up. TIT

Keep those pesky tourists away!!!

It just about covers places like Phitsanulok where the Nan runs right through it.

It is treating the public like children once again and damping down the occasion for toutists at the same time IMO.

If drunks act like children they deserve to be treated like children.

You want to drink? Don't go to events where it is banned.

You'll fit good to North Korea or Saudi Arabia...Always let these above decide smile.png for my life. They know bettersmile.png

Really?

Because I happen to believe that drunken morons spoiling events that may include families with children is a bad idea that makes me a supporter of totalitarian rule?

Because I can accept that there are times when drinking is perfectly acceptable and others when it is not that makes me a supporter of totalitarian rule?

Because I feel if you want to drink you should avoid events where it is banned that makes me a supporter of totalitarian rule?

What a strange world you do live in.

No it's not.

No one is forcing those who want to drink to go to these events. If you want to go you accept the rules.

Victorian prude.

How so? Please elaborate.