Thai Police deploy 'superheroes' to intimidate criminals (PHOTOS)

Jonathan Fairfield

Police deploy 'superheroes' to intimidate criminals (PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok

police1_0.jpg

BANGKOK:-- With great power, comes great responsibility.

The authorities of Nakhon Sawan province have stepped up measures to fight street criminals by deploying a troop of "superheros."

The Facebook page of Tak Fah police department yesterday posted photos of their new superhero troop as the team and police commander discussed the mission to fight criminals during Loy Krathong festival.

"The villains are daring and do not succumb to law, so we have stepped up measures and deployed a team of superheroes to plan the ultimate mission to restore peace to Tak Fah district," the caption read.

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-21

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a mighty scrawny Hulk, and how did Darth Vader & a storm trooper get to be super heroes? Weren't they the bad guys?

And quite a chubby Spiderman...I can't see him swing between buildings unless he triples the thickness of his web.

I wonder if they'll get in trouble; Being Captain America is not being Thai.

I wonder if they got clearance for the rights to use these trademarked images first?

If not the next headline could be "Unruly, Armed Mob in Thailand Mocks International Intellectual Property Laws."

Big loss of face too having to use foreign super heroes to sort out Thai crime !

That's a mighty scrawny Hulk, and how did Darth Vader & a storm trooper get to be super heroes? Weren't they the bad guys?

And quite a chubby Spiderman...I can't see him swing between buildings unless he triples the thickness of his web.

I wonder if they'll get in trouble; Being Captain America is not being Thai.

They have a Captain Thailand. He's the guy in the middle.

police2_1.jpg

Jeez. Lighten up. It's just a little fun.

Remember fun? It seems a lot of guys here don't.

dude they are Police infringing copyright maybe a little irony there? also, hehe, one of their Super Heroes (and his Stormtrooper buddie) are from the Dark Side so one might assume they can't even get this right? I'm sure the criminal gangs will be quaking in their boots!