TM 28

Just found out there is a form called TM 28. I personally filled out a TM 28 and went to the Royal Thai Police to file it. They processed it and then tore off the bottom part and stapled this into my Passport.

I am sure most Expats don't know about this law. As was explained to me It seem to be needed every time when one stays longer the 24 hrs in an non commercial place like the place of friends or other province and so on.

Beside that when you change your address then you need to notify Thai Immigration that you have moved from where you used to live. This form is for changing your address. Note that it is a criminal offense not to notify immigration of your latest address even before your 90 day reporting

as well there is also a fine on it too.

The link to the document:

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/download/tm28.doc

The immigration act states if you spend more than 24 hours in another province you need to do a report but that is not enforced because in this day and age it would almost be impossible to do.

A TM28 is only needed if you change addresses and should be done at an immigration office. Most police stations would not even know what it is for.

• Like 1

I think you will find that this "requirement" is not enforced other than in the case of a person moving to a different address on a permanent basis.

I have lived in Thailand for a long time and have never reported short stays away from my permanent home.

If staying in a hotel the hotel will report your presence but this does not change/alter the perminent address registered by Immigration