That time of the year... again

arithai12

Arithai,

I find the title of this thread very misleading.

I was so much looking forward to reading the latest news about Rudolph.

Santa is still putting Rudolph through his paces so he is good to go over Christmas. Thai radar should pick him, Santa and the sleigh up in another month or so. Merry Christmas to you and all TV posters and may next year be a good one for one and all and may we all enjoy a full 12 month lease on life. Catch you next year same time same place (I hope God willing and the creek don't rise)

Creek... or .......Cree, as in indians.......red indians that is

ps

(If) God (is) willing, and the creek (doesn't) rise - ie, if there are no natural disasters.

(If) God (is) willing, and the Creek don't rise (up against us) - ie, if the Indians don't get warlike and kill us all in the meantime.

Maybe they could be doing us a favour

If they put out of our misery?

Arithai,

I find the title of this thread very misleading.

I was so much looking forward to reading the latest news about Rudolph.

Santa is still putting Rudolph through his paces so he is good to go over Christmas. Thai radar should pick him, Santa and the sleigh up in another month or so. Merry Christmas to you and all TV posters and may next year be a good one for one and all and may we all enjoy a full 12 month lease on life. Catch you next year same time same place (I hope God willing and the creek don't rise)

Creek... or .......Cree, as in indians.......red indians that is

ps

(If) God (is) willing, and the creek (doesn't) rise - ie, if there are no natural disasters.

(If) God (is) willing, and the Creek don't rise (up against us) - ie, if the Indians don't get warlike and kill us all in the meantime.

The way I learned it when I was a young lad was "God willin and the crick don rise" There were no injuns in them parts when I larned it.

It's not falang it's FARANG

It's whatever you want it to be. Thais can't spell phonetically, remember. And they sometimes have difficulty pronouncing the letter"r", so it sounds like falang to me.coffee1.gif

And also, it is not "zackattack" but "zabadak".

If you don't believe me, just ask Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, or Titch.

How do we identify the farang macho tourists.......they ride a PCX

got that; and thanks for the heads up.

All PCX riders are now castigated.

Theyre often not wearing helmets, and if they are, you can tell by their hairy legs, often wearing tank tops or driving in the middle of the road like they own the whole lane.

But seriously, too many farang come to Thailand with a sense of entitlement as if they're above the law and can do anything they want. Unfortunately many of them will learn the hard way...

I sure am glad you straightened that out. I thought it was Macattack and was ready to head off to MacDonalds. Oh woe is me what was I thinking.

It's MacDonards, not MacDonalds.

According to a big billboard on Mahidol Road, there are now 11 MacDoltalds in Chiang Mai. I'm grateful 7/11 has achieved market saturation

first.coffee1.gif

I really suggest any white man tried to settle out of court because they will have no mercy on you believe what I say they do not want us here in their country that is why they make visa extension so hard on us if you are not overs 65

Letting your insurance company deal with it would be better advice.

Bloody Chinese all seem to either be wobbling all over the road on a scooter or bicycle, or failing that standing in the middle of the road trying to get run over.

It's gets a little tricky when trying to find fault or blame in another persons actions when those actions are based on religious beliefs.

To believe that one has lived righteously and faithfully and that there is an afterlife kind of puts a different spin on those who seem to be wandering idly in the streets and perfectly situated to getting run over.

It's not the life situation at the present moment that is of ultimate importance but what one has done prior to that moment which guarantees a better after life.

And I've heard tell ... "Ignorance is bliss."

Mr OP. It's a pity you were unable to get after him and give him a sore face, what that guy did is as bad as threatening you with

violence.

I have seen many Thai riders do silly things on the roads, Oh, and pavements, but I have never seen one following it up with shouting

or gesturing after it. That is probably because they are so stupid they did not know they had done anything wrong.

The Farang rider obviously knew what he had done, and still carried on the way you described.

Definitely sore face time.

Bloody Chinese all seem to either be wobbling all over the road on a scooter or bicycle, or failing that standing in the middle of the road trying to get run over.

It's gets a little tricky when trying to find fault or blame in another persons actions when those actions are based on religious beliefs.

To believe that one has lived righteously and faithfully and that there is an afterlife kind of puts a different spin on those who seem to be wandering idly in the streets and perfectly situated to getting run over.

It's not the life situation at the present moment that is of ultimate importance but what one has done prior to that moment which guarantees a better after life.

barely related to the subject, but I read once "The Flying Tigers" American Pilot Volunteers in WWII reported Chinese were getting killed by their propellers by running across the front of them as they taxied before takeoff. It appears, the Chinese have a superstition that running in front of a moving object will take the bad spirits away from them and you will fly away with them..........guess noone told them they had to evade the propellers.

Oh before I forget - the Fuhlung PCX Motorcycle drivers are dangerous - just trying to keep on topic

Mr OP. It's a pity you were unable to get after him and give him a sore face, what that guy did is as bad as threatening you with

violence.

I have seen many Thai riders do silly things on the roads, Oh, and pavements, but I have never seen one following it up with shouting

or gesturing after it. That is probably because they are so stupid they did not know they had done anything wrong.

The Farang rider obviously knew what he had done, and still carried on the way you described.

Treat them like a Soi Dog - carry a squirt bottle filled with Ammonia, a good squirt in the face will have him thinking twice about driving so stupid again, non-lethal, but stinks like hell

violence.

Treat them like a Soi Dog - carry a squirt bottle filled with Ammonia, a good squirt in the face will have him thinking twice about driving so stupid again, non-lethal, but stinks like hell

That's a great idea, but I do not live in Bangkok or Pattaya, although I do go to these places from time to time.

I have only ever had one problem with Farangs on motorbikes, and that was when one came down the pavement towards me in Bangkok.

I made a go at him then thought twice as the place was very busy with foot traffic, and didn't want in trouble with the police, but I sure scared him.

But I will never argue with, or threaten Thais as I don't like the odds of about six to one.

It's not falang it's FARANG

It's whatever you want it to be. Thais can't spell phonetically, remember. And they sometimes have difficulty pronouncing the letter"r", so it sounds like falang to me.coffee1.gif

Agreed, Im always told by locals that I live in Mae Lim. Ive checked google maps several times and I still cant find that place.

I dont know about just Tourists

I have seen many Thais while riding around

Some slow not knowing where they are going Thai

Others ride like on a race track

Weaving in the traffic and going through Red Lights

They are what i call a Kamikaze Pilot

They have a death wish

They must think they are invincible

nawwww! they are just a-holes - if you don'y an extra one then you know what to do when you come across one!

Edited by WaiLai