Honda City Vs Pick Up?

pianoman

I have been happy driving my 6 year old Toyota Pick Up for the past 4 years, but it is time to consider something New... With a price of about 550,000 baht for the new Honda City, and a price of 650,000+ for a new toyota 2WD Pick up, I am considering changing to a car...

I do not really need the Pick Up's storage / hauling capacity, but have enjoyed the driving on the Less than perfect Issan roads...

Anyone have a Honda City, and if so what are your thoughts / comments regarding it's use??

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman

I have been happy driving my 6 year old Toyota Pick Up for the past 4 years, but it is time to consider something New... With a price of about 550,000 baht for the new Honda City, and a price of 650,000+ for a new toyota 2WD Pick up, I am considering changing to a car...

I do not really need the Pick Up's storage / hauling capacity, but have enjoyed the driving on the Less than perfect Issan roads...

Anyone have a Honda City, and if so what are your thoughts / comments regarding it's use??

Pianoman

Honda City drivers are worse than Volvo drivers, don't get one, stick to your pick up.

Don't have one but have looked them over a few times in the showroom. A Thai guy I know has a City. He likes it. I think that removable seat is handy for the times you need to move something around. Never liked the pick-ups much myself. So know what I'd choose

On another side-issue, I don't understand why a Civic is nearly twice the price of a City. I like the Civic better - but not twice as much..

Don't have one but have looked them over a few times in the showroom. A Thai guy I know has a City. He likes it. I think that removable seat is handy for the times you need to move something around. Never liked the pick-ups much myself. So know what I'd choose

On another side-issue, I don't understand why a Civic is nearly twice the price of a City. I like the Civic better - but not twice as much..

It was the Low Price that peaked my interest in the City... A four door sedan with options for considerably less than the cost of the Pick Up.. Plus I am getting older and a little "Comfort" (admited very little) just seems nice... Wanting to hear from someone who owns one and can say both the Good & Bad...

Pianoman

I've seen both the City and the Vios up close at the showroom...I like the look of the Vios better than the City although both cars are very economically priced. Personally, I think the best deal for the money is a pickup; stronger suspension for the bad roads plus those diesel engines run forever and with a manual transmission, the life of the vehicle will be even longer.

Both the Vios and the City look a bit on the "tinny" side; they seem as if they would crumple like a Coke can in an accident. All the plastic and thin aluminum they use in manufacturing weakens the body overall. Cars today are better on fuel but they just don't build 'em like they used to!

As for the better Japanese and European models, the prices are insane and for the European cars getting parts would be a nightmare outside Bangkok. However, they're definitely built stronger than the City or Vios as are the pickups.

Edited by Thaiboxer