She's the sole breadwinner, what am I?

keith7

So, we have a 2 years old boy that I only take care 3 days a week (3 days sent to nursery and 1 day left with her for my day out).

I don't work/earn anything to support the family, and don't seriously plan to do anything about it.

Most of the time I do the cooking for dinner and lunch (never for breakfast), do the laundry & ironing. And mind you, looking after a toddler is tiring...

Sometimes I left them home for a holiday along with my buddies out of province, and planning to join my buddies for another holiday away for couple of days.

Now she complaint about my new holiday plan with my buddies that I didn't at the 1st place in my mind think of having a family holiday with them along instead.

By the way, I had done the same in the past; left them home and joined my buddies for trip outside Bangkok and outside Thailand for few days.

What am I? Is it too much to do that?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of a marriage is sharing everything including looking after children.

You say that she is working and you are not, so she is the breadwinner.

Who will look after the child if your wife is working and you want to have another holiday with your mates?

Quote "

By the way, I had done the same in the past; left them home and joined my buddies for trip outside Bangkok and outside Thailand for few days.

You need to choose between your "buddies" and your family. Where does the money come from to support you and your holidays?

You want everything your way without any responsibility. It is time to grow up and accept that you are a father, a husband and accept that your days with your buddies are coming to an end. Will they support you if you have no job, no money and no interest in getting either?

Will the response be any different if i'm the wifey instead?

Lucky devil you ! Think of all the Farangs that must pay 10 thousands of Bht to "the Family" every month for basically the same thing !

Enjoy the ride. It may not last forever.

Cheers.

Part of a marriage is sharing everything including looking after children.

You say that she is working and you are not, so she is the breadwinner.

Who will look after the child if your wife is working and you want to have another holiday with your mates?

Quote "

You need to choose between your "buddies" and your family. Where does the money come from to support you and your holidays?

You want everything your way without any responsibility. It is time to grow up and accept that you are a father, a husband and accept that your days with your buddies are coming to an end. Will they support you if you have no job, no money and no interest in getting either?

Gee, you haven't figured out how it works if one of a couple work and the other doesn't?

Very clever piece of satire and discussion Keith7.

Yes there is a big difference in our attitude to the gender difference. Because you described the person as a man, many were critical of you. If you said the person was female then comment is likely to be much more.

Point well made.

When you wake up from your dream...you will find your safe open and empty, your wallet and passport missing, and a truck outside loading your furniture...just go back to sleep...that seems to be what you do best...

Will the response be any different if i'm the wifey instead?

My mind boggles that you would even consider going off on holiday with your mates and not take your wife.

If your wife is earning the money the very least you should be doing is supporting her by doing all the housework, all the grocery shopping and looking after your kid.

And your boy is 2 years old, I hope you are putting in maximum effort to get him speaking English (and your native tongue if you are not a native English speaker) otherwise unless you speak Thai you'll end up being unable to communicate with him.