Yingluck gets invitation to visit from EU Parliament

webfact

I think you like to exaggerate.

They army could never have done what it did if the Shins weren't that corrupt.

Really? So were the previous 19 coups just as unjustified?
it has been Thaksin's fault since about mid-1932... clap2.gif
No it's the fault of all corrupt politicians. Corruption has made a mismanaged mess out of many areas. Or are you saying that Thailand was properly managed the last few decades? Even the construction of waste disposal plants have been hit with major corruption. Result: billions if bahts gone and a major waste problem. The army is now trying to clean up this mess. There are many more examples. Just sick and tired of corrupt politicians hiding behind so called democracy.

So, if the army has used corrupt politicians as the justification for each of its 19 or so coups, why does the country remain so corrupt?
It really is time for you & the other fanboys to wake up & realise that coups have more to do with the perpetuation of corruption than the elimination of it.
I disagree with you ....corruption loving Shin fanboy. smile.png

All these last two coups have occurred to stop, is to stop thaksin pitting himself at the top of the corruption table for a long time thus pushing some others off top spot.

The army isn't ever going to be responsible for stopping corruption, they are in it up to their eyeballs I it anyway.

Do you think Prayuth goes out and organises a coup for free? He and his progeny with be more than well taken care of for services rendered. As if that isn't a total corruption of the use of the armed services.
In your world people only do things for money? Or is it that you have to pay for everything?

Maybe Prayuth does love this country and is trying his best to improve things.

You have no idea how the army in Thailand works. Believe me I do.

You are incredibly naive. Incredibly.
I know more about Thailand, and have been here longer, than you think.

This isn't a pi*****g contest. I was there more than long enough. It's not what u know it's who u know anyway.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's the fault of all corrupt politicians. Corruption has made a mismanaged mess out of many areas. Or are you saying that Thailand was properly managed the last few decades? Even the construction of waste disposal plants have been hit with major corruption. Result: billions if bahts gone and a major waste problem. The army is now trying to clean up this mess. There are many more examples. Just sick and tired of corrupt politicians hiding behind so called democracy.

So, if the army has used corrupt politicians as the justification for each of its 19 or so coups, why does the country remain so corrupt?
It really is time for you & the other fanboys to wake up & realise that coups have more to do with the perpetuation of corruption than the elimination of it.

All these last two coups have occurred to stop, is to stop thaksin pitting himself at the top of the corruption table for a long time thus pushing some others off top spot.

The army isn't ever going to be responsible for stopping corruption, they are in it up to their eyeballs I it anyway.

Do you think Prayuth goes out and organises a coup for free? He and his progeny with be more than well taken care of for services rendered. As if that isn't a total corruption of the use of the armed services.
In your world people only do things for money? Or is it that you have to pay for everything?

This isn't a pi*****g contest. I was there more than long enough. It's not what u know it's who u know anyway.
I could surprise you there too.

I could surprise you there too.

Me too. So unless u know prayuth personally, I will go with the precedent of what happened to all the previous coup making leaders.

The European Commission has an office in Thailand and so do all embassies of EU countries. They have direct access to all information need with or without YS going to Europe.

Yes, but there is an important point about democracy which would be good to be made in public.

Putting this in a EU context.

We have 2 German veteran MEP CDU career politicians suddenly inviting YL to the EU parliament. One is 69 year old (and people comment about Thai dinosaurs in politics!) and is also chair of the EU Federalists. Like Merkel, who also happens to be CDU, a committed Federalist who wants the EU parliament to rule Europe.

Each sovereign EU member country has its own government, foreign office and embassies. The EU Commission has an office in Thailand (again "managed" by a German national). Presumably all these provide information to their respective foreign offices back home?

Question in the EU should be:

what has instigated this letter? Have lobbyists been involved? If so, who and why?

are these CDU MEP's speaking with their committees' endorsement or as individuals?

Once again it looks like a waste of EU taxpayers, of which I'm one, money. It is yet another example of the federalists, especially the German CDU, trying to push for a EU foreign ministry and speak on behalf of all Europe. The EU foreign policy head is an Italian lady. Why not send her here? She can see first hand then and get a balanced view. YL is hardly likely to be balanced, but will gripe on about how unfair it all is to her, her family and her big brother, Thaksin the Innocent,

The Germans tried twice by force to rule Europe and failed. Now they try to bring about political "anschluss" with a fully federal Europe with Germany firmly in control.

Should this trip go ahead, will YL be asked to comment on and explain:

her lies as a PM/DM?

her lack of attendance to parliament, committee meetings?

her liaisons with her criminal brother?

her lack of transparency?

I doubt it. Because a lack of transparency, accountability and putting themselves above the law is something EU federalists crave. Maybe it advice on that they want to ask her and especially her brother about.

Democracy, especially the bit about accountability to the people, is dying in the EU. The EU parliament is a joke. The EU is run by bureaucrats and appointed has been politicians a la Kinnock etc.

No wonder the nationalists and anti-EU federalists are gaining more support.

you are really sick in your head!

The Germans tried twice by force to rule Europe and failed. Now they try to bring about political "anschluss" with a fully federal Europe with Germany firmly in control.

What has this to do with Y invitation.

I suppose you are one of those useless Poms nobody wants to see in EU

Perhaps the Eu is using this as a disquise to get her out of Thailand and protect her from the junta.

No, the EU is hereby taking the opportunity to make clear for once and for all, that they don't understand or agree with Thailand's roadmap, regardless of super general's propaganda.

If you truly believe the current Junta is here to rid Thailand of corruption, you know precious little about Thailand, and have been here with your eyes and ears firmly closed. No other conclusion would be possible.

If Prayuth is trying to improve things as you say, why is he so hesitant to stamp out corruption in the military and insist on police reform. These are the two untouchable corrupted agencies and he is staying clear away from any reform.

Perhaps the Eu is using this as a disquise to get her out of Thailand and protect her from the junta.

No, the EU is hereby taking the opportunity to make clear for once and for all, that they don't understand or agree with Thailand's roadmap, regardless of super general's propaganda.

Maybe, but I suggest this letter has Thaksin's fingerprints all over it. I think Thaksin personally requested a favor (with a box of donuts?) to these so called EU gentlemen to raise this issue as Thaksin is drawing at anything to get traction for his cause and to try and save his sister.

Edited by jcb2001

Maybe, but I suggest this letter has Thaksin's fingerprints all over it. I think Thaksin personally requested a favor (with a box of donuts?) to these so called EU gentlemen to raise this issue as Thaksin is drawing at anything to get traction for his cause and to try and save his sister.

Been on a Frederick Forsyth binge recently? Perhaps Thaksin also had the entire EU leadership abducted, injected with sodium pentathol and threatened to have their relatives lobotomised by the Mossad to etc etc...

Here you have a typical red politician demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of modern democratic systems. Surapong Tovichakchaikul was former Foreign Minister and Deputy PM under Yingluck. He signed the petition to grant Thaksin amnesty.

He said Ms Yingluck is still considered innocent by law because no legal case against her had been concluded yet.

I realize they don't teach civics in Thailand, because the MOE is too busy shoving culture courses down the throats of Thai children, but an impeachment is a trial and is considered a legal case. Yingluck was duly convicted, so she is not "innocent".

An impeachment is a formal accusation of wrongdoing against a public official. There is a trial and the vote on the impeachment results in a judgment, just like a court trial.

How hypocritical to indignantly reference the actions of coup perps that hijacked a government illegally as somehow legitimate against a lawfully elected representative of the the Thai people.

not sure I believe any of this, we all know how PTP (and others) can twist the meaning of something to fit an agenda.

I suspect that a request was made initially to the EU for such a visit origninating here in Thailand and the EU simply granted the request, that is highly different than what is being played here

of course I could be wrong

I guess the request has been made from somebody in the middle east, somebody whose money bought a lot of favours owed

Here you have a typical red politician demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of modern democratic systems. Surapong Tovichakchaikul was former Foreign Minister and Deputy PM under Yingluck. He signed the petition to grant Thaksin amnesty.

He said Ms Yingluck is still considered innocent by law because no legal case against her had been concluded yet.

I realize they don't teach civics in Thailand, because the MOE is too busy shoving culture courses down the throats of Thai children, but an impeachment is a trial and is considered a legal case. Yingluck was duly convicted, so she is not "innocent".

An impeachment is a formal accusation of wrongdoing against a public official. There is a trial and the vote on the impeachment results in a judgment, just like a court trial.

How hypocritical to indignantly reference the actions of coup perps that hijacked a government illegally as somehow legitimate against a lawfully elected representative of the the Thai people.

No idea what planet he is living on but impeachment is nothing like a trial, different rules of evidence to start with. Impeachment is nothing like a criminal trial.

not sure I believe any of this, we all know how PTP (and others) can twist the meaning of something to fit an agenda.

I suspect that a request was made initially to the EU for such a visit origninating here in Thailand and the EU simply granted the request, that is highly different than what is being played here

I guess the request has been made from somebody in the middle east, somebody whose money bought a lot of favours owed

Quite. Thaksin bribing the entire leadership of the European Union is entirely, entirely a credible notion, just as credible as his inventing the EU in the first place to back him up should his plan for the domination of the galaxy fail - why else would the Europeans need a space programme after all?

As far as I see her invitation is not an official invitation by the EU. It is signed by two German nobodies.

It is known that her criminal brother was hiding in Germany for some time after he fled Thailand to avoid his prison sentence and more well deserved sentences.

Enough time for a tricky populist to look for new useful contacts.

I wonder if those two signers have been in Dubai for a nice free holiday recently?

Edited by sweatalot

Quite. Thaksin bribing the entire leadership of the European Union is entirely, entirely a credible notion, just as credible as his inventing the EU in the first place to back him up should his plan for the domination of the galaxy fail - why else would the Europeans need a space programme after all?

Your trying to ridicule my post does not make it unlikely

Your trying to ridicule my post does not make it unlikely

Agreed. My ridiculing your post does not make it unlikely. It just is anyway. Try spending some time far away from Thailand and all things Thai for a while and you would realise just how risable such (unfounded) theories sound.

This is what happens when you spend too long in a monoculture...

Edited by baboon

But why - ignoring your boorish sexist language - do you believe the EU should not wish to have a dialogue with the last truly legitimate Prime Minister? Presumably the EU also wants to send a message to the Junta.Politics are often symbolic anyway.

You may not be an admirer and that is your right, but your peremptory dismissal of what she stands for is in effect a dismissal of the Thai People's judgement.Despite your denials it is rather clear which camp you and your "binary choice" reside in.

I just posted a (link to) meeting report on Thailand, from the European Parliament. Read it, no mention on Ms. Yingluck, but still interesting.

BTW why would the European Parliament President invite the Thaksin clone? Do you think the European Parliament President is blinded by "democracy == elections" to the point of ignoring the influence of a criminal fugitive and his vote buying RPPS scam ?

Personally I would expect the President of the EP to be a bit pragmatic although also in Europe 'das Kapital' still controls decisions.

But Rubl, why would they be blinded, Yingluck did win those elections with an absolute landslide. No ifs or buts are in order, the Thai electorate delivered a very clear message in those elections. Europeans tend to listen and respect such message, unlike the likes of you, who would immediately turn to vote buying policies, an uneducated electorate and more silly excuses.

What do you suggest in return, they inivite some of the NCPO people. People who have taken power by gunpoint, abolished the constitution, replacing it with one that gives them absolute power.

People who send people that criticise them to re-adjustment camps, who curtailed freedom of press and freedom of speach ?

Or who claim to return Thailand to democracy and yet have suggested provisions into the new constitution that would make it a democracy in name only ?

But Sjaak, with all statements by various people including Thaksin, Pheu Thai members, etc., it should be clear to even MPs from the EP that the election had nothing to do with democracy as 'we' know it. 'the Thai electorate' ? You mean the 15m who voted Pheu Thai? With Pheu Thai having said to have paid out 800 billion Baht directly to rice farmers, all 1.4m households participating (out of 3.2m aimed at). Those 3.2m households represented 23% of the population, no figures on what the 1.4m represent. Looks like a classical vote buying exercise with taxpayers being duped.

The EP may want to ask Ms. Yingluck about responsability and accountability plus a bit of transparancy, administration, commissions looking into things. All those elements we accept as part of a democratic system. Well, some of us only I guess.

As for your question who they might invite in return, maybe a few academics respected by both sides and one or two others from 'each side'. On the other hand the meeting report I provided a link to suggest that Thailand hasn't been a democracy for a long time already. Some points raised from decades ago.

As for constitution, interesting that a more 'proportional representation' is rejected by posters here as well as the ability to elect a non-MP as PM in case of parties not being able to agree on one. Even Greece had a judge appointed as PM a few months ago.

If you suggest a box of donuts was used, it seems you think the EU is as corrupt as the Thais, something I seriously doubt.

If it was just a favor, then my claim stands that they don't support the happiness gentleman and his policies who heads this country currently, and as far as I'm aware they are an educated bunch.

Edited by TheCruncher

Thaksin having used his contacts as Amply Rich person and businessman might have 'influenced' people. He has shown he's good at getting invited to make misschief.

BTW as I posted before, till now no confirmation of the 'open invitation' on any of the EP websites. I guess some of us have to ask as is our right as citizen of an EC country. For now even the Brits can do that.

This has everything of a compromise written all over it that will put the court case against her to bed, and she gets to leave. A very thai outcome where both parties avoid the possibilty of really washing their linen in public.

"...it (NCPO) was ready to consider her request to travel to Europe..."

...and then deny the request.

... and on the other hand they may accept a courts decision in this. In case of being granted permission by a court the NCPO might put up additional restrictions, like only a short, limited trip only aiming at EP locations mentioned. No shopping trips, no trip reroute to get to a restaurant with her favorite noodles, things like that. Plus a restriction on her entourage, no travelling circus, no horde of Pheu Thai members, not even her son. Just she and one or two assistents.

Of course a court may consider her a flight risk and putting a few million Baht bail will not deter her I'm afraid.

All in all I think the NCPO should let her go on this trip. No better example of what she stands for than herself and her statements. Some in the EP are really good at recognising BS and eliminating from speeches all which has no meaning. Sometimes nothing will be left.

"...it (NCPO) was ready to consider her request to travel to Europe..."

...and then deny the request.

... and on the other hand they may accept a courts decision in this. In case of being granted permission by a court the NCPO might put up additional restrictions, like only a short, limited trip only aiming at EP locations mentioned. No shopping trips, no trip reroute to get to a restaurant with her favorite noodles, things like that. Plus a restriction on her entourage, no travelling circus, no horde of Pheu Thai members, not even her son. Just she and one or two assistents.

Of course a court may consider her a flight risk and putting a few million Baht bail will not deter her I'm afraid.

All in all I think the NCPO should let her go on this trip. No better example of what she stands for than herself and her statements. Some in the EP are really good at recognising BS and eliminating from speeches all which has no meaning. Sometimes nothing will be left.

I guess most of the members of the EP will be better informed about Yinglucks statements and if they are true or not, and anything else that is going on in this banana republic, than any member of this forum.

I would say that some posters are not using their remaining brain cells very effectively, or maybe EJ could explain WHY Yingluck would NEED to speak ENGLISH at the ... um-hum, .... at the EUROPEAN parliament.... ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Absolutely, the EP has very capable 'real-time' translators, who probably do a real good job at translating Thai to one of the EC languages. A good translator doesn't add or leave out. Strictly speaking the equivalent of 'uhm', 'mmm' and other 'words' will also be translated, to make sure the original meaning of the speech is provided rather than a 'cleaned up' version.

This has everything of a compromise written all over it that will put the court case against her to bed, and she gets to leave. A very thai outcome where both parties avoid the possibilty of really washing their linen in public.

Now you're walking off a bit too far.

You write that 'this' (the invitation from two people one of them a EMP and chairman of the Foreign Affairs commission) is a 'compromise? Are you suggesting the EP is collaborating in a possible move to force the case against Ms. Yingluck to be dropped? Surely the EP should be interested in a proper handling of responsibility and accountability, just like EP members are guided by.

You write that 'this' (the invitation from two people one of them a EMP and chairman of the Foreign Affairs commission) is a 'compromise? Are you suggesting the EP is collaborating in a possible move to force the case against Ms. Yingluck to be dropped? Surely the EP should be interested in a proper handling of responsibility and accountability, just like EP members are guided by.

I think everyone would like her to get out. It's a nice solution for everyone. Thaksin went to the Olympics, Yingluck will go to germany

I think everyone would like her to get out. It's a nice solution for everyone. Thaksin went to the Olympics, Yingluck will go to germany

Has Brussels or Strasbourg been annexed by Germany lately?

But why - ignoring your boorish sexist language - do you believe the EU should not wish to have a dialogue with the last truly legitimate Prime Minister? Presumably the EU also wants to send a message to the Junta.Politics are often symbolic anyway.

You may not be an admirer and that is your right, but your peremptory dismissal of what she stands for is in effect a dismissal of the Thai People's judgement.Despite your denials it is rather clear which camp you and your "binary choice" reside in.

I just posted a (link to) meeting report on Thailand, from the European Parliament. Read it, no mention on Ms. Yingluck, but still interesting.

BTW why would the European Parliament President invite the Thaksin clone? Do you think the European Parliament President is blinded by "democracy == elections" to the point of ignoring the influence of a criminal fugitive and his vote buying RPPS scam ?

Personally I would expect the President of the EP to be a bit pragmatic although also in Europe 'das Kapital' still controls decisions.

But Rubl, why would they be blinded, Yingluck did win those elections with an absolute landslide. No ifs or buts are in order, the Thai electorate delivered a very clear message in those elections. Europeans tend to listen and respect such message, unlike the likes of you, who would immediately turn to vote buying policies, an uneducated electorate and more silly excuses.

What do you suggest in return, they inivite some of the NCPO people. People who have taken power by gunpoint, abolished the constitution, replacing it with one that gives them absolute power.

People who send people that criticise them to re-adjustment camps, who curtailed freedom of press and freedom of speach ?

Or who claim to return Thailand to democracy and yet have suggested provisions into the new constitution that would make it a democracy in name only ?

But Sjaak, with all statements by various people including Thaksin, Pheu Thai members, etc., it should be clear to even MPs from the EP that the election had nothing to do with democracy as 'we' know it. 'the Thai electorate' ? You mean the 15m who voted Pheu Thai? With Pheu Thai having said to have paid out 800 billion Baht directly to rice farmers, all 1.4m households participating (out of 3.2m aimed at). Those 3.2m households represented 23% of the population, no figures on what the 1.4m represent. Looks like a classical vote buying exercise with taxpayers being duped.

The EP may want to ask Ms. Yingluck about responsability and accountability plus a bit of transparancy, administration, commissions looking into things. All those elements we accept as part of a democratic system. Well, some of us only I guess.

As for your question who they might invite in return, maybe a few academics respected by both sides and one or two others from 'each side'. On the other hand the meeting report I provided a link to suggest that Thailand hasn't been a democracy for a long time already. Some points raised from decades ago.

As for constitution, interesting that a more 'proportional representation' is rejected by posters here as well as the ability to elect a non-MP as PM in case of parties not being able to agree on one. Even Greece had a judge appointed as PM a few months ago.

Well, the current regime does not offer any accountability nor transparancy at all. Yet there were provisisons in the 2007 (junta drafted) constitution to Ensure those. Absent in the current constitution of course.

As to the provisions I was referring to, they have nothing to do with proportional representation. If they wanted that, they would do away with the constituenty and have party list elections only. I was talking about the provisions that allow the army to interfene in time of political dead lock, or using "honest violence" (their words, not mine)....

have to wonder why they would invite someone than cannot even speak english let alone construct a sentence without someone else writing it for her, bet there is no question and answer time as that would really show how pathetic she is. .

Pathetic or not, poor orator or not, she was elected and then deposed. As for trouble, Thailand is responsible for its own problems. It was pretty pathetic to deport UN refugees.

She was placed in the position of PM by her brother, no one elected her. She is facing Court Time for the next couple of years....maybe longer...an invite to visit is a no-brain move. They obviously don't know that she would be unable to give any insight into the subjects they are interested in and probably wouldn't attend their meeting as she would be too busy shopping or any other reason. (We all know she doesn't like attending meetings)

Hmm another <deleted> post. 299 MP's (out of 500) put Yingluck into PM. And those 299 in turn were elected by the Thai electorate either via party list or via constituency. Yingluck's party having 265 of those seats after a landslide election victory.

The original poster is therefore 100% correct your failed deflection notwithstanding...

And who do you think insisted the 299 must vote for Yinluck, or did you just arrive on the scene?

They are looking for 2 sides of the story as they dont trust the junta.

Sift through all the B/S on both sides and they might find the truth.

Im sure big brother Khun Thaksin will show up to support his sister.

If they let her leave Thailand?

coffee1.gif

Strange that Big Brother does not come home to Thailand to give her some support in her time of need..... coward, coward, coward....