Current State of Hua Hin

iBike

I live in Hua Hin and was on the beach the day of the oil spill. It was a real mess, I mean really bad.

I was back on the beach last weekend and as other members have said, it is like nothing has happened and is back to normal.

Those involved in the clean up have done a terrific job. I know most of those people were volunteers so all credit to them.

As for around town, I commented in another thread that there is noticeably more foreigners here at the moment, and it already looks busier than it did last year

Went for a walk along Suan Son Pratipat Beach just south of Kao Takieb last Sunday evening and the beach was clean apart from some litter, not too bad considering it was at the end of a busy weekend. However I saw a couple of jellyfish washed up on the beach, obviously they were floating in the water before, so not sure whether I would want to take a dip there.

Went for a walk along Suan Son Pratipat Beach just south of Kao Takieb last Sunday evening and the beach was clean apart from some litter, not too bad considering it was at the end of a busy weekend. However I saw a couple of jellyfish washed up on the beach, obviously they were floating in the water before, so not sure whether I would want to take a dip there.

Yes Man, just take a look the attached image. This around 50 cm, so I can imagene how much is big in the water ...

sorry I don't find the photo )))

No idea stopped visiting the place years ago too many foreigners and too many bar fights.

I would think Fidelito might find bar fights amusing, and enjoyable. Why a mass murderer as an icon?

Nothing wrong with topping corrupt politicians and CIA sympathisers, mass murderer, more like hero

No idea stopped visiting the place years ago too many foreigners and too many bar fights.

I would think Fidelito might find bar fights amusing, and enjoyable. Why a mass murderer as an icon?

Nothing wrong with topping corrupt politicians and CIA sympathisers, mass murderer, more like hero

My guess is that you consider Che a hero too. I guess so, if you consider killing tens of thousands, (and imprisoning well more than that) of your detractors to be heroic behavior. Not to mention denying your countrymen the right to a decent livelihood for decades, destroying the entire agrarian system in your country, and refusing to let anyone leave your country, due to the horrifically poor quality of life. One can only hope you have spent a significant amount of time in Cuba, as I have, in order to be able to make these conclusions based on fact, rather than myth. Castro is multi billionaire cockroach. Che was a cockroach who never was allowed access to the fortune Fidel and Raul gained through corruption, the denial of decent wages to their people, and absolute dictatorship. Both were murderous fools.

I am glad to hear the beach is clean again. Great job! for all of those fine people who cleaned it up.

I am hoping to spend some time there once I get away from Bangkok and the humidity.

As for the soi dogs, they are part of Thailand and if you can not stand them, then buy

a shipping crate, fill it with the dogs that bother you and send them for a vacation to

the Philippines. I know that sounds cruel, but they would be taken care of and money

could be made as well.

The Geezer is back in Thailand! and enjoying the heat and humidity. Much better

than the snow I left behind in Canada!

Obviously not one who lives here. I've been here for 14 years and what you say is B***S***.

please let me know where these fights take place, because it is so boring and safe in Hua Hin I need to see some action before i die of boredom. blink.png

Edited by NCC1701A

Obviously not one who lives here. I've been here for 14 years and what you say is B***S***.

please let me know where these fights take place, because it is so boring and safe in Hua Hin I need to see some action before i die of boredom. blink.png

Good one... cool.png