Anyone know where to find a good Housepainter.

justcruisin

I also know a very good English speaking painter. About 2 years ago he painted the interior on my large 2 level condo, 1st class job.

Earlier this year I sold that condo and bought a 2 level house. Again I used the same painter, this time inside and out, plus the upstairs parquet floor. Again a 1st class job. Highly recommended.

PM me if you would like his phone number.

If you are able and so inclined, why not do it yourself?

I have time and last year did the whole ground floor of our house, inside.

I took my time and it wasn't expensive, but it was perfect.

A forum search should reveal good painters, as Dante99 suggests.

The insides are generally relatively easy, but the tipping point is when you need the outside doing. a 2 story house with peaked roofs is not easy when it needs scaffolding or at least an extension ladder. after living amongst the safetly of scaffolding for years, the top of an extension ladder is pretty scary and tiresome.

The insides are generally relatively easy, but the tipping point is when you need the outside doing. a 2 story house with peaked roofs is not easy when it needs scaffolding or at least an extension ladder. after living amongst the safetly of scaffolding for years, the top of an extension ladder is pretty scary and tiresome.

My kids like a bit of adventure. "No Gravity" climbing wall at home with a pot of paint laugh.png

Indeed, but he wants to paint the inside of a condo not the outside, which I agree would be quite a task. biggrin.png

You can rent steel scaffolding cheaply. SH opposite from Lotus KT, north side access road.

I'm not quite sure why the OP prefers an english speaking painter?

I've not had the need yet to hire someone to paint my condo in Thailand but never had problems in engaging non-english speaking painters in other countries. I've had numerous other jobs done by Thai contractors though. No complaints.

I suggest that you buy the paint, dance about doing a form of charades, spouting out a few basic Thai phrases and voila! Oh, last but not least you have calendar which you hold before their very eyes to recognize that you have a start date and an end date fixed. Indicate the penalty that will be levied if they fail to finish on the end date. They understand all of this as it is standard business practice in Thailand.

All the best!

I'm not quite sure why the OP prefers an english speaking painter?

That's simple. To explain, that there is no additional water to be put into the color.

exactly! how else are you going mime/wave/play charades to explain, prior to his quote you want the plaster mist coating first, then one under coat, then one top coat and all woodwork to be rubbed down and prepared with knotting paste, prior to 2 undercoats and 1 gloss.....and of course not forgetting your advice of no thinning necessary.

try explaining that in Thai, poiting, waving, drawing pictures.......thats why an English speaker is imperative....if you want a proper job.

Agreed that poor language skills, even when your rudimentary Thai skilled, gives lots of wiggle room to over promise and under deliver and then blame it on miss understanding...

Painting to any other trade service.. Its a mine field, I have taken to getting it written out in simple bullet points, with the help of an independent person as my written thai is awful, then signed by the worker or boss of the workers.. Its a small trick that has saved me a few times when the final work was not to spec.

I have found people will agree to anything prior to the work, and deny that agreement at the end of it. Especially if it costs it time or materials all bets are off then.

simply ensure they sand and wash the walls and any wood work to remove any rough imperfections as well as the grease/cigarettes smoke. Explaining to cut around the wall/ceiling furnture(switches, lights etc) is a must and to remove any switch covers then replace after painting. For some reason thai painters simply paint over everything. no drop sheets so there is paint from ar*ehole to breakfast all over the floors, cutting in seems non existent and the use of the right paint for the right area is also something amiss. I suppose being a tradesman makes me a bit sarcastic but the painters here are simply that far from producing a quality job it isnt funny but then again the standard of painting equipment(brushed rollers/sleeves etc) here isnt the best either along with the actual paint itself.