Feeling Thankful I Live in Thailand.

villagefarang

8 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

Im thankful that i spent the first 30 odd years of my life not having to know when people are thankful and dishing out everyone of their pointless thoughts.

I am unthankful that English has turned into the worlds language so it makes ignoring this nonsense so much harder.

People of the world have turned into soppy Americans with their need for men to show their feminine and caring side so we can all say how nice they are ... and they need this praise.

Prednisolone the drug of telling things how it is!

right on.....what  happened to giving women a  slap and the child  a good  beating with a cane..................

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/30/2016 at 5:03 PM, Johnniey said:

You have a very big resentment there!

You never have answered my question yet. 

For the third time, is your wife a Buddhist?

keep  guessing, and not that its any of your  business

On 11/30/2016 at 5:06 PM, Johnniey said:

I am thankful that a higher power freed me from alcoholism many years ago.

Also, thankful for spending most of my life in Thailand.

Thankful for healthy children

Thankful for a high salary.

To the guy with a chip on his shoulder about God -  people who have never glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions. 

to the  foolish who "believe" the  foolish who provide no evidence except their "belief" their "experience"

Show me the evidence ,let me guess .I dont have "faith" ,another load of meaningless drivel.

The  only person who saved you from "whatever" was the decision you made, not some supernatural fantasy

You switched from one addiction to another.

Edited by kannot

2 minutes ago, kannot said:

10 years  so  far but "who  knows"

I don't know -- must get lonely at times with her off all the time in the big city and you in the boondocks. Unless ...

Edited by JLCrab

I'm thankful that I live in a village full of such lovely people (except one <deleted>) who are always happy and joking around.

I'm thankful that the schoolkids my wife teaches are so friendly and always happy to see me as we don't have children of our own.  

I'm thankful for having a job that allows me to work anywhere instead of my previous job which was 70-80 working weeks in the Australian outback battling extreme heat and whatever was trying to eat me at the time.

Yes, I am happy to be alive and living in Thailand.

i am 70 years old now, and I can look back at 4 times when i cane to close to death,

I have beaten  a serious trarffic accident, a bomb in Vietnam , a pair of theives with lnives, and one episode in a Thai hospital with a Diebetic Insulin problem.

But i am happy I am still living here because the "bad guys" are 0 and 4 with me so far.

I know someday they will get it right, but until then I am happy to still be around and kicking.

More than that who can say?

10 hours ago, wow64 said:

You are talking about kids and you don't have any.. nice one go have some more heroin.

My experience in life, is that you do not have to go through something, to learn about it. I have been around kids my whole life. Countless friends and family members with kids. I see them being increasingly coddled. I see discipline going out the window. I see kids every day who have no sense of self, and no parental guidance. It is not as if I live in a vacuum. Sure, I may not be as much of an expert as some parents. But, I am infinitely more objective too. 

6 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

15055855_10154019487381179_8856679025264287708_n.jpg

I disagree about the commonly held belief that the election was about irregularities, or Comey, or all of the other excuses I keep hearing. I think it has much more to do with reality TV, than a general lack of knowledge about the world. And when asking why Trump was elected, one must ask why the democratic party could do no better than Hillary. She ran a horrific campaign. She was too PC. She refused to talk about the issues, terrorism, immigration, the economy, or just admit the the nation has some real problems, that are in dire need of addressing. And another real issue was her foundation. Many of us consider it filthy. She just did not connect with many people, and there were alot of democrats who voted for Trump. 

OK, she did win the popular vote. But, considering who she was running against, she should have won by many millions of votes. He may be a goon, a hooligan, a charlatan, and a criminal, but he did address the issues. In conclusion, there is no way any reform can take place, until democrats admit how broken our system and our party is, and begin to take serious action. I see alot of blame game stuff going on, but not much in the way of an admission of how broken the DNC and the party is, and how poor our candidate performed.

In conclusion it was as much a vote against Hillary, and Washington, as it was a vote for Trump. Just wait. He is going to break more promises than any recent candidate did, including Obama, who may have broken more promises than any president I can remember. And his supporters are going to be broken hearted, disappointed, angry, and disenchanted. Big time. If there is one thing for sure, it is that he is NOT a man of his word. 

Edited by spidermike007

12 hours ago, JLCrab said:

I don't know -- must get lonely at times with her off all the time in the big city and you in the boondocks. Unless ...

Maybe thats  why it works, Im up here now, every time its  just like we met for the first time:thumbsup:

On 11/25/2016 at 4:02 AM, IMA_FARANG said:

I feel thankful that I am not living in the U.S. now.

Not withpeople like Donald Duck as our president.

Just so you know.

You should be more thankful that the lame duck coward will be gone next month.

8 hours ago, kannot said:

Maybe thats  why it works, Im up here now, every time its  just like we met for the first time:thumbsup:

Yes -- and may she continue to give you money regularly if that's what makes you happy and allows you to have a unique input on these pages.