Application Forms for Juristic Person Manager and Condo Committee Member

As many as you know, it is rare to know who you are voting for at condo meeting especially for the very important positions of Condo committee member and Juristic Person Manager (JPM). Attached are application forms for committee members and JPM. Feel free to download, copy and adapt the forms for your condos. Just fill in the info in the angle brackets. You'll also need to translate the forms into Thai language, for the Thai applicants. The forms are posted on notice boards throughout the condo, and replenished on a daily basis.

We ask the forms to be completed and delivered 3 or 4 days prior to the meeting. Then we compile and post a list of qualified candidates for the positions, several days before the meeting. The list includes candidate name and their answer as to why they are best person for the position.

As always, your comments questions and concerns are welcome.

JPMapplicationE.docx

Condo Committee Member ApplicationE.docx

Edited by cigar7

I am interested in your view about a farang being a JPM.

Typically they are Thai nationals and are paid for their services.

So if a Thai applies and is accepted -does the new JPM get a salary.

I presume that a farang JPM,if accepted, will be unpaid (unless he/she has a work permit.)

Your thoughts on this please.

The forms are very good

Do you have one for proxy voting?

I am interested in your view about a farang being a JPM.

Typically they are Thai nationals and are paid for their services.

So if a Thai applies and is accepted -does the new JPM get a salary.

I presume that a farang JPM,if accepted, will be unpaid (unless he/she has a work permit.)

Your thoughts on this please.

The forms are very good

Do you have one for proxy voting?

I know of foreigners who are JPMs in condos.There is one guy, in a condo management company, who has a work permit that allows him to be JP doing anything a JP is needed to do, and he is the JPM for 7 condos, and is paid ( very well).

I am unsure about the legality of foreigner as a JPM, unpaid and without a work permit. I did post a question on "Ask the Lawyer" here on Thaivisa, but that forum seems to be dead, no new posts for weeks, including the question you and I ask.

I dont think that a farang can legally be JPM if he is employed directly by a building and not by a management company. This is because, as far as I know, a work permit would be required and also, as far as I know, a condo building cannot apply for one itself.

So for practical purposes this means that most JPMs will be Thai nationals. But I disagree that most are paid for doing this, though certainly some are. And some, as mentioned, do the job in many buildings as their full-time employment. I think that being paid applies more often in Bangkok and less often in Pattaya.

I know that a Chonburi Immigration official has stated that farangs can be committee members without work permits, but it has never been similarly stated that they can be JPMs, as far as I know.

For your convenience, attached are the Thai language versions of the application forms for JPM and Condo Committee Member. You'll have to edit some information so that it pertains to your specific situation such as; condo name and address, dates and times for delivery, etc.

JCM_TH1x.docx

CCM_THx.docx

Edited by cigar7